Cartel Income  

36 members have voted

1. 1. The fate of the cartel scene

• Increased payouts from all resource dependent cartels
    • No, They're fine/I'm Dragons

we have completely bogus cartel payouts, drugs getting nerfed made it worse, and now ifrits are twice the price they once were. I'm starting to see the negative effects of this imbalancing. full teams without any ifrits, especially lower skill gangs just get wiped. even when the skill ratio is a lot more balanced you're still at a significant disadvantage without ifrits.

Edited by Mithridates Of Pontus
Trioxide, ManWeKilledIt and Kraken like this
12 hours ago, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

we have completely bogus cartel payouts, drugs getting nerfed made it worse, and now ifrits are twice the price they once were. I'm starting to see the negative effects of this imbalancing. full teams without any ifrits, especially lower skill gangs just get wiped. even when the skill ratio is a lot more balanced you're still at a significant disadvantage without ifrits.

hey mr statue pfp im still not reading ur walls of text

jsh and Tyrone Darnell like this
5 hours ago, Tyrone Darnell said:

trust me it was a waste of time anyway

you never post more than a sentence in any of your posts on these forums. doesn't surprise me that you're incapable of reading ONE paragraph. why don't you just deactivate your account at this point... 

5 hours ago, babooshka said:

hey mr statue pfp im still not reading ur walls of text

I'm never going to stop caring about the progression of this server, so you might as well just stop reading my posts.

6 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Man devs just can't win lmfao.  Too many ifrits around and now there's not enough!  Sad!

It's not even that there's not enough, there are still plenty of ifrits being driven around, but they're all being manned by the richest gangs while lower tier gangs are having to fight them with hatchbacks and quilins. see the difference?

Kraken likes this
6 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Man devs just can't win lmfao.  Too many ifrits around and now there's not enough!  Sad!

KEEP IN mind, that this topic is specifically about CARTEL INCOME and not ifrits. the price of ifrits compared to the overall payout from cartels is one example of the many that's making the cartel scene feel unrewarding. also keep in mind that i am talking about the main server. we all know dom is amazing but a lot of people just can't make it to dom with their schedules.

Kraken likes this
Just now, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

KEEP IN mind, that this topic is specifically about CARTEL INCOME and not ifrits. the price of ifrits compared to the overall payout from cartels is one example of the many that's making the cartel scene feel unrewarding. also keep in mind that i am talking about the main server. we all know dom is amazing but a lot of people just can't make it to dom with their schedules.

I agree. I just think that cartels should be buffed and Ifrits should stay the same.

12 minutes ago, ManWeKilledIt said:

Maybe add a "said amount" to gang account after every 5 minutes or something. Sometimes taking cartels doesn't payout the price especially if you were to lose an Ifrit (Rn there's more of an incentive to take the ifrit and chop it over staying and taking the cartel)

exactly. the cartel isn't worth capping compared to the theft of the ifrit.

4 hours ago, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

It's not even that there's not enough, there are still plenty of ifrits being driven around, but they're all being manned by the richest gangs while lower tier gangs are having to fight them with hatchbacks and quilins. see the difference?

you do realize this is a life server you dumb retard. cartels aren't supposed to be profitable unless you win and if you're crying because you're too poor, then do one of the million money makers on the map until you have money for an ifrit, jesus christ. It's a life server with an economy and plenty of unused money makers, fucking pick one and stop being shit at cartels. who knows, if you stop losing at cartels you might have money. 

5 hours ago, ManWeKilledIt said:

Maybe add a "said amount" to gang account after every 5 minutes or something. Sometimes taking cartels doesn't payout the price especially if you were to lose an Ifrit (Rn there's more of an incentive to take the ifrit and chop it over staying and taking the cartel)

pov: big rat

.Ice and Nenja like this
2 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

you do realize this is a life server you dumb retard. cartels aren't supposed to be profitable unless you win and if you're crying because you're too poor, then do one of the million money makers on the map until you have money for an ifrit, jesus christ. It's a life server with an economy and plenty of unused money makers, fucking pick one and stop being shit at cartels. who knows, if you stop losing at cartels you might have money. 

i'm  a multi millionaire with full vec garage nearly 10 heli's and almost 10 mil worth of realestate give or take. When me and my gang go out to cap, we get caps. I've been fighting the same 3 cartels for the past 6 years and have only seen. Trust me, I know a thing or two about cartels. been watching the cartel scene degrade for said time. everyone who properly fights cartels knows they're not as good as they used to be. Also, this post isn't me bitching about my own loss. I've been profiting from cartels as it stands but said profit just isn't worth unless u crave the fight, which i and a kinda decent but dying amount of people do... it's just less and less people are fighting.. and i know a big deal is the worth aspect of it all.

1 hour ago, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

i'm  a multi millionaire with full vec garage nearly 10 heli's and almost 10 mil worth of realestate give or take. When me and my gang go out to cap, we get caps. I've been fighting the same 3 cartels for the past 6 years and have only seen. Trust me, I know a thing or two about cartels. been watching the cartel scene degrade for said time. everyone who properly fights cartels knows they're not as good as they used to be. Also, this post isn't me bitching about my own loss. I've been profiting from cartels as it stands but said profit just isn't worth unless u crave the fight, which i and a kinda decent but dying amount of people do... it's just less and less people are fighting.. and i know a big deal is the worth aspect of it all.

there’s no profit from it because the server is dead, who tf is gonna grind and do drug runs on a dead server. The only people who still play is the losers who’ve been doing cartels everyday for the past 6 years

Its funny because half the people who commented on this thread are against the cartel buff and they actually don't take cartels themselves. You guys can keep saying the same shit of oh "Your a rat" or "the server is dead why bother" then what's the point of commenting on this thread or even keeping the server up? I'm here to make suggestions not ridicule the player base.

Edited by ManWeKilledIt
21 hours ago, ManWeKilledIt said:

Its funny because half the people who commented on this thread are against the cartel buff and they actually don't take cartels themselves. You guys can keep saying the same shit of oh "Your a rat" or "the server is dead why bother" then what's the point of commenting on this thread or even keeping the server up? I'm here to make suggestions not ridicule the player base.

almost all of the people who slammed this post are in city gangs. In all of my years on this server i've only seen them push cartel a handful of times and everytime they get wiped. It's no secret all of these gangs are responsible for many noobs going over to olympus. they're even more toxic in game. They come on these forums and act like they're hot shit literally everything that may be good or is of substance on this website gets shit on by them as well. if you go back and read the older topics on here, you'll see what I'm talking about. They raid and de-rail genuine topics, especially ones that have nothing to do with them IE cartels.

These are the same people who i see on here all the time usually in kavala. They're so invested yet it's almost as if they want the server to die.(look at their donor levels too 

Kraken likes this
1 hour ago, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

almost all of the people who slammed this post are in city gangs. In all of my years on this server i've only seen them push cartel a handful of times and everytime they get wiped. It's no secret all of these gangs are responsible for many noobs going over to olympus. they're even more toxic in game. They come on these forums and act like they're hot shit literally everything that may be good or is of substance on this website gets shit on by them as well. if you go back and read the older topics on here, you'll see what I'm talking about. They raid and de-rail genuine topics, especially ones that have nothing to do with them IE cartels.

These are the same people who i see on here all the time usually in kavala. They're so invested yet it's almost as if they want the server to die.(look at their donor levels too 

Weren’t you in Drunk squad? Pipe down city slicker. 

Tyrone Darnell and .Casper like this

This is my viewpoint, and is mostly subjective. 

The whole economy is pretty fucked. Fed. events and domination are the only money making source that is worth your time if you have a half decent team.

Cartels are dead at the moment and the idea of raising the money that you earn from cartels isn't a bad idea. The only problem I see with this is that the server will (and has) become a "pvp" server fewer and fewer people doing money runs. (excluding newer players and people with great houses). 

The dynamic of the server has changed from what I have seen, changing from a "make money/do runs to fight/pvp" to a "fight/pvp to make money".

People have gotten used to being able to fight fed. events and domination to make their money that if we ever were to go back to how it was before when people ran drugs to buy their loadouts it would have a shitload of community backlash. 

There have been adjustments from what I have seen to try and combat this (not sure this is 100% correct), like reducing the amount of gold bars in the fed. reserve, but even if there weren't any federal events, domination still rakes in an absolute shitload of money.

I'm not against making money off of domination at all, its great, it allows me to have fun and spend my money freely, but it removes the need for people to run money on the main server and that takes away a huge aspect of the server. 

Edited by Bherky
8 minutes ago, Bherky said:

The whole economy is pretty fucked. Fed. events and domination are the only money making source that is worth your time if you have a half decent team.

Cartels are dead at the moment and the idea of raising the money that you earn from cartels isn't a bad idea. The only problem I see with this is that the server will (and has) become a "pvp" server fewer and fewer people doing money runs. (excluding newer players and people with great houses). 

The dynamic of the server has changed from what I have seen, changing from a "make money/do runs to fight/pvp" to a "fight/pvp to make money".

People have gotten used to being able to fight fed. events and domination to make their money that if we ever were to go back to how it was before when people ran drugs to buy their loadouts it would have a shitload of community backlash. 

There have been adjustments from what I have seen to try and combat this (not sure this is 100% correct), like reducing the amount of gold bars in the fed. reserve, but even if there weren't any federal events, domination still rakes in an absolute shitload of money.

I'm not against making money off of domination at all, its great, it allows me to have fun and spend my money freely, but it removes the need for people to run money on the main server and that takes away a huge aspect of the server. 

Animated GIF

Maybe if they quit dickin with the prices and left them where they were we wouldn't be having any of these issues 🤣😘. But people wanted to cry about getting sui'ed too much so here we are lmaooo... They thought they did this to bring veterans bank accounts down but all you did was make it literally impossible for the new players to get a fair fight. Whether its the gangs abusing ifrits or their houses. Either way u left the newer gangs at a severe disadvantage and only helped those veteran players bank accounts get fatter. Good job fixing the inflated server. Oh wait u made it worst🤣🤣:pepe_48x48:

Edited by ElderPhantom
5 hours ago, Bherky said:

For the investment the average player puts into it, I think the domination payout is fair. I wish that there were more challenging and straight-forward, high-investment money-making methods with similar payouts in the game for people to explore, instead of some form of get large truck, pick/incubate thing, process thing, sell thing.

21 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

For the investment the average player puts into it, I think the domination payout is fair. I wish that there were more challenging and straight-forward, high-investment money-making methods with similar payouts in the game for people to explore, instead of some form of get large truck, pick/incubate thing, process thing, sell thing.

I've played two doms out of 4 doms in the past week and made 2.5mil profit, and my gang made #2 and #4 or #5. That's a lot of money. I can only imagine that the gangs that are getting #1 if they get it 4 times in a week are getting around at least 4-6 mil a week. Depends from player to player how much they are spending during dom. but you make a shit load of profit lol mainly if they are on the leaderboard.

Edited by Bherky
9 hours ago, Bherky said:

This is what I've been saying. The most profitable ways of making money should be cartels, meth, and scotch. Cartels for pvp gangs who wanna have fun, meth for big groups who wanna grind money, and scotch for people who wanna go mostly solo and still make money quickly. I feel like this was how the server was just a couple years ago. Since then, the devs have just been adding literally everything they can think of to the game and it has completely screwed the economy. The really hard money making methods should not be the least profitable. The most profitable money making methods should not be really easy. It's completely fucked. Fix it.

Kraken likes this
4 hours ago, Trioxide said:

This is what I've been saying. The most profitable ways of making money should be cartels, meth, and scotch. Cartels for pvp gangs who wanna have fun, meth for big groups who wanna grind money, and scotch for people who wanna go mostly solo and still make money quickly. I feel like this was how the server was just a couple years ago. Since then, the devs have just been adding literally everything they can think of to the game and it has completely screwed the economy. The really hard money making methods should not be the least profitable. The most profitable money making methods should not be really easy. It's completely fucked. Fix it.

That meta was around for years and it is incredibly boring.  There's an argument to be made about the rate at which you can make money but holy fuck we do not need to play the game the way it was for years straight.

3 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

That meta was around for years and it is incredibly boring.  There's an argument to be made about the rate at which you can make money but holy fuck we do not need to play the game the way it was for years straight.

It's definately an underrated opinion that money should be hard to make. You might like being able to make 200k in 30 minutes from a shipwreck or something, but the game really is a lot more fun when it's a challenge to stay rich. Money should be the biggest part of the game, but it's not. I don't think very many people worry about money anymore.

I definately miss cooking meth and grinding uranium runs for money. It may sound boring, but there's a lot of excitement that comes from selling a bunch of shit you just spent the last couple hours working for. That just isn't part of the game anymore. For me, at least. IDK if a lot of others are having the same experience I am.

Edited by Trioxide
9 hours ago, Trioxide said:

It's definately an underrated opinion that money should be hard to make. You might like being able to make 200k in 30 minutes from a shipwreck or something, but the game really is a lot more fun when it's a challenge to stay rich. Money should be the biggest part of the game, but it's not. I don't think very many people worry about money anymore.

I definately miss cooking meth and grinding uranium runs for money. It may sound boring, but there's a lot of excitement that comes from selling a bunch of shit you just spent the last couple hours working for. That just isn't part of the game anymore. For me, at least. IDK if a lot of others are having the same experience I am.

I miss how it used to be. Making money is a huge dynamic of the game and can definitely be enjoyable. I actually want to go an do runs sometimes but its not an efficient use of my time, there are way better options that I could choose.

In the past few weeks, anytime I wanted to make some money back I have been doing solo banks where all I am doing is aim training for 10 minutes and getting the equivalent of a box truck of meth or more.

I play one domination, and I make the same money I would have if I processed a house full of meth, that's nuts. 

I am not blaming the server/developers since things can't go back to the way they were without a load of backlash, I'm just saying I miss the days of grinding meth early in the morning to fight during the day.

Edited by Bherky
-.-, Kraken and Trioxide like this
6 hours ago, Bherky said:

I miss how it used to be. Making money is a huge dynamic of the game and can definitely be enjoyable. I actually want to go an do runs sometimes but its not an efficient use of my time, there are way better options that I could choose.

In the past few weeks, anytime I wanted to make some money back I have been doing solo banks where all I am doing is aim training for 10 minutes and getting the equivalent of a box truck of meth or more.

I play one domination, and I make the same money I would have if I processed a house full of meth, that's nuts. 

I am not blaming the server/developers since things can't go back to the way they were without a load of backlash, I'm just saying I miss the days of grinding meth early in the morning to fight during the day.

Can’t forget the days where you would play CQC for 10 hours straight to warm up for pushing tower drug.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, Bherky said:

I've played two doms out of 4 doms in the past week and made 2.5mil profit, and my gang made #2 and #4 or #5. That's a lot of money. I can only imagine that the gangs that are getting #1 if they get it 4 times in a week are getting around at least 4-6 mil a week. Depends from player to player how much they are spending during dom. but you make a shit load of profit lol mainly if they are on the leaderboard.

So, yeah, at least we have dom. despite me not making it to most of them they've been an absolute blast and it's apparent that it's been succesful. come on for gods sake most of the top 10 of the my asylum leaderboards don't even play altis life. It attracts alot of people. not much content like this is created anymore. 

Pertaining to the cartel income situation on altis life #1, general consensus is that everythings kinda nerfed. and it's probably somewhat true that the massive amount of different ways to make money somewhat cripple cartels. I guess i'm just gonna have to try to make it to dom so i can be rich like all these other doods

Bherky likes this
On 12/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Bherky said:

Server is dead, don’t honestly think they could give less of a fuck. Too many minges who just sit there all day fingering themselves making money doing nothing. They have no reason to scrap. China on top 🇨🇳 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, Sheriff Rick said:

what else is there to do besides that meta? everything thats been added to the server the last year has been the same formula just reskinned basically.