How to Save an Altis Life Server (Soft Reset)

A step by step guide by Trioxide:

1. Slightly nerf all forms of money making, and slightly increase the prices of Orcas, Ifrits, Hatchbacks, 7.62 and 6.5 guns, and other shit

2. Considerably nerf or remove all money making methods that are both very easy and very efficient. This includes: Governership, Domination, LSD, Golden Wax, Shipwreck events, White Lightning, etc.

3. Considerably buff all money making methods that are difficult and not the most efficient: Cartels, Meth, Scotch, Drug Runner Airfields

4. Decrease everyone's bank by a factor of 3

5. Chill with the bans. The server isn't gonna be full when a good portion of the active players are banned. The admins keep saying "It's not hard to follow the rules. Just don't break them and you won't get banned," but I'm willing to bet that at least 90% of the banned active players got banned for a rule they broke accidently. If someone made a mistake and it isn't persistent, just make them comp the person and it's not a problem. 

6. Remove the mental asylum and the jewelry emporium. We have no need for them; better to keep it simple

7. Remove this crypto currency shit. cringe

yall are gonna hate me lmao

Edited by Trioxide
1 hour ago, Trioxide said:

1. Slightly nerf all forms of money making, and slightly increase the prices of Orcas, Ifrits, Hatchbacks, 7.62 and 6.5 guns, and other shit

By how much?

2. Considerably nerf or remove all money making methods that are both very easy and very efficient. This includes: Governership, Domination, LSD, Golden Wax, Shipwreck events, White Lightning, etc.

I agree.

3. Considerably buff all money making methods that are difficult and not the most efficient: Cartels, Meth, Scotch, Drug Runner Airfields

Money making methods that involve large groups should be buffed.

Why 3? Why not add back money cap and convert cash into prestige?

5. Chill with the bans. The server isn't gonna be full when a good portion of the active players are banned. The admins keep saying "It's not hard to follow the rules. Just don't break them and you won't get banned," but I'm willing to bet that at least 90% of the banned active players got banned for a rule they broke accidently. If someone made a mistake and it isn't persistent, just make them comp the person and it's not a problem. 

Chill with what type of bans? Seems like a lot of long bans are for DPI and cheating.

6. Remove the mental asylum and the jewelry emporium. We have no need for them; better to keep it simple

What makes these federal events bad?

Why? It is one of the worst methods of making money on the server. It is exactly the money sink that you are asking for.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

By how much?

I don't really have a definate answer for that. Enough to make them have more of an effect on peoples' bank accounts when they buy them. Maybe if 6.5mm guns were 7k and 7.62 were 8k or something like that. The price of helis could be increased similarly to how Ifrits were. Hatchback sports could be doubled in price. Same goes for a lot of other vehicles.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

Why 3? Why not add back money cap and convert cash into prestige?

Just an idea. People straight up have too much money. dividing everyone's accounts by a certain number would be completely fair and would undo some of the inflation that has happened. IDK about a money cap tho.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

Chill with what type of bans? Seems like a lot of long bans are for DPI and cheating.

Obviously don't unban cheaters and such; I'm just talking about RDM/VDM/CL. The whole idea of bans on Asylum is that if you make one mistake you get a short ban. If it happens again, you get a longer ban. Pretty soon you'll get a month long ban just for an accidental RDM. Sure, you need to make the same mistake a few times in order for that to happen, but over a year a lot of shit can happen. I think we need more emphasis on the compensation aspect of breaking a rule. If it's an honest accident, then the only punishment should be compensation. If it's done on purpose or simply happens way to much, then a ban is more fit. TBH it's a pretty small problem compared to the rest of the things I listed, but still, players shouldn't be shitting their pants when they accidentally RDM someone or something. It's just a game, and the rules can be pretty vague sometimes.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

What makes these federal events bad?

Idk if they are bad per se, but it's just kind of overcomplication that we don't need. We already have a variety of fun fed events. I just don't get the devs' obsession with adding more. If people really like them, then it's fine to keep them. It's just that they have really changed the meta recently and I've heard a lot of bad things about them.

1 hour ago, Maric said:

Why? It is one of the worst methods of making money on the server. It is exactly the money sink that you are asking for.

That's pretty much why. I don't think we need some complicated dogshit way of making money to fix the economy. I can't imagine how confusing it is for new players when they think it sounds cool and want to try it. Sometimes more is less. Removing it from the game wouldn't affect anyone negatively and it would make the server appear a lot nicer. We can fix the money problem in other ways.

Edited by Trioxide
5 hours ago, Trioxide said:

You Had My Curiosity GIFs | Tenor

I do agree, the island economy could use some changes, along with some changes to enhance RP (which I don't think you included).

7 hours ago, Trioxide said:

, 5. Chill with the bans. The server isn't gonna be full when a good portion of the active players are banned. The admins keep saying "It's not hard to follow the rules. Just don't break them and you won't get banned," but I'm willing to bet that at least 90% of the banned active players got banned for a rule they broke accidently. If someone made a mistake and it isn't persistent, just make them comp the person and it's not a problem. 

I mean when players have a bad history of bans, they won’t learn their lessons. Most bans with rdm, vdm, and cl are usually resolved fairly quickly and lifted with warnings. Then you have players blatantly DPi glitching or vdming others to gain a huge advantage. We cant just slap them on the wrist when they continuously break the same rules. Accidents are one thing but when we receive videos of people purposely hitting someone with a vehicle then getting out to kill them. We have to ban them and let them think about their actions

MacKOG likes this
5 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I mean when players have a bad history of bans, they won’t learn their lessons. Most bans with rdm, vdm, and cl are usually resolved fairly quickly and lifted with warnings. Then you have players blatantly DPi glitching or vdming others to gain a huge advantage. We cant just slap them on the wrist when they continuously break the same rules. Accidents are one thing but when we receive videos of people purposely hitting someone with a vehicle then getting out to kill them. We have to ban them and let them think about their actions

It depends on the admin you get.  It will always be that way, I get it, but some are willing to unban and others will not lift shit or seem to ignore your appeal until it is almost over anyway.  Although there's not a lot to back this up as a regular player, I FEEL like the problem has gotten worse and I believe that may be why more people are complaining about ban severity ( Not talking about hackers, cuz fuck em ).  I can say that I've been treated fairly for the most part, but man I have seen friends and gangmates fucked over by admins being completely unreasonable.

With that being said, I do find it rich that some people are advocating for less harsh bans while also being notorious for playing report wars.  The irony is fucking real

34 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

4 hours ago, Trioxide said:

Obviously don't unban cheaters and such; I'm just talking about RDM/VDM/CL. The whole idea of bans on Asylum is that if you make one mistake you get a short ban. If it happens again, you get a longer ban. Pretty soon you'll get a month long ban just for an accidental RDM. Sure, you need to make the same mistake a few times in order for that to happen, but over a year a lot of shit can happen. I think we need more emphasis on the compensation aspect of breaking a rule. If it's an honest accident, then the only punishment should be compensation. If it's done on purpose or simply happens way to much, then a ban is more fit. TBH it's a pretty small problem compared to the rest of the things I listed, but still, players shouldn't be shitting their pants when they accidentally RDM someone or something. It's just a game, and the rules can be pretty vague sometimes.

37 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Factors outside of Asylum's control are hurting the server more than the 'economy' of Asylum.  Messing with people's money will just lower the playercount even more.

We can only speculate. Eventually the server will be dead enough that there is nothing to do besides a reset like that. By then, starting things anew will be the only option in hopes of reviving the server.

Also, what factors?

Edited by Trioxide
17 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

We can only speculate. Eventually the server will be dead enough that there is nothing to do besides a reset like that. By then, starting things anew will be the only option in hopes of reviving the server.

Also, what factors?

Arma is a dying game where the player count is only going down further and further, big games released like Halo Infinite, and for some reason Asylum usually sees a dip around this time every year.

I think you should start making reports on the forums.

For exemple

I make a report here with the details. Admin respond and then tag the player and give him a chance to explain or show his pov of the situation. And even the players can discuss If u want comp and resolve the situation them self.

If no respond is given then u Ban the player. 

With this alot of people that would have been banned unfairly are given a chance to explain and still be able to play instead of getting banned and not being able to play until a admin respond to their supportricket. 

thero, Invictus , FudgeR and 1 other like this
7 hours ago, chrome. said:

For exemple

I make a report here with the details. Admin respond and then tag the player and give him a chance to explain or show his pov of the situation. And even the players can discuss If u want comp and resolve the situation them self.

With this alot of people that would have been banned unfairly are given a chance to explain and still be able to play instead of getting banned and not being able to play until a admin respond to their supportricket. 

Last I checked, this isn’t how it works. I’ve been banned loads of times and never been contacted by an admin and given an opportunity to comp the person who reported me.

20 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

It depends on the admin you get.  It will always be that way, I get it, but some are willing to unban and others will not lift shit or seem to ignore your appeal until it is almost over anyway.  Although there's not a lot to back this up as a regular player, I FEEL like the problem has gotten worse and I believe that may be why more people are complaining about ban severity ( Not talking about hackers, cuz fuck em ).  I can say that I've been treated fairly for the most part, but man I have seen friends and gangmates fucked over by admins being completely unreasonable.

With that being said, I do find it rich that some people are advocating for less harsh bans while also being notorious for playing report wars.  The irony is fucking real

I agree it does depend on which admin you have but it also depends on the type of situation. Where as if you got banned for RDM and the banning admin is busy but you have counter proof, any admin can lift that ban for you. I have done that many times before. But you are right theres small groups that are treated different whether it be playing favorites or keeping them banned for the longest length possible

8 hours ago, FudgeR said:

The fact that dpi glitching is still a 14 day in 2021 is actually retarded

Unfortunately I don't make the ban lengths but I personally feel it should be reduced. Especially because sometimes its really just lag being a factor but whenever I handle a DPI report, we have multiple peoples opinions before placing a ban and I know some of the other admins do the same thing.

Sheriff Rick, thero and Vortex like this
2 hours ago, Mayhem said:

I agree it does depend on which admin you have but it also depends on the type of situation. Where as if you got banned for RDM and the banning admin is busy but you have counter proof, any admin can lift that ban for you. I have done that many times before. But you are right theres small groups that are treated different whether it be playing favorites or keeping them banned for the longest length possible

I'm glad you acknowledge the evident bias each individual admin has. I think that is the sole reason why people look at asylum as one of the worst administrated game servers across not only Arma but really any other game as well. I am not talking about you specifically as I personally have never had an issue with you, but I think that admin's egos and personal bias are really the barrier between enforcing rules unfairly vs enforcing rules fairly. I have had admins deliberately not respond to my appeals until AFTER the ban expired, literal week bans lol. Additionally, I was permanently banned for typing in side chat "You smell like the sea", without any type of warning by the way. Yes that actually happened and there really is no context besides a side chat argument, the ban stuck for 4+ months. It really doesn't help that asylum runs off of a guilty until proven innocent motto either. I think chrome's idea is something that should be considered and would undoubtedly resolve some of the issues:

14 hours ago, chrome. said:

For exemple

literally this^^^^^

Invictus , Vortex, luke110 and 3 others like this
On 12/12/2021 at 10:22 AM, Trioxide said:

A step by step guide by Trioxide:

yall are gonna hate me lmao

yeah, not gonna lie the shipwreck events are kind of broken. 250+k within 10 minutes and you're already almost at the jewler. 

have you even ran white lightning since the double nerf? moonshine is literally faster and more profitable than white lightning AND SCOTCH. even then, the moonshine isn't even a great way to run money until you're done farming the seasonal. even then, not very easy/OP. i spend more time gathering corn than i do processing my moonshine.

all forms of alcohol are literally worse than running diamonds at this point. you'll make more money doing the diamond quests +chance to get gold nugget than you would making scotch. probably made leroy quit lmao

Edited by Mithridates Of Pontus
On 2021/12/13 at AM2点22分, Trioxide said:

5. 冷静对待禁令。当很大一部分活跃玩家被禁止时,服务器不会满。管理员一直在说“遵守规则并不难。只要不要违反规则,你就不会被禁止”,但我敢打赌至少 90% 的被禁止的活跃玩家被规则禁止他们不小心坏了。如果有人犯了一个错误并且它不是持久的,只要让他们补偿这个人,这不是问题。 

yes

On 2021/12/14 at AM10点01分, thero said:

我不是在专门谈论您,因为我个人从未与您有过任何问题,但我认为管理员的自负和个人偏见确实是不公平地执行规则与公平执行规则之间的障碍