Ifrit Smokes

Ifrit Smoke Edit  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what you would prefer?

• Stay the same
    • Reduce blur
    • Remove blur
    • Reduce blur and remove names while in smoke

Remove ~ script in dom, literally no reason for it to be in there. Cant tell you how many times I've been gunned down though 4 layers of smoke just because some faggot is pressing ~. It defeats the whole purpose of it and just makes it aids to fight for the people who don't have to rely on it.

Edited by Joe King
Kraken likes this
14 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Remove ~ script in dom, literally no reason for it to be in there. Cant tell you how many times I've been gunned down though 4 layers of smoke just because some faggot is pressing ~. It defeats the whole purpose of it and just makes it aids to fight for the people who don't have to rely on it.

retard

Tyrone Darnell likes this

I think its a problem when smoke fights are 99% based on what names you can see using tilde, and 1% actually seeing a player's body and shooting at them. Like you said it is literally just a tilde AHK fight and whoever sees a name pop up in the smoke first gets the kill. Reducing blur would definitely be a step in the right direction. IMO ifrit smokes should just be removed until somebody finds a reasonable way to prevent smoke exploiting, but obviously that would never happen because then everybody would just roach outside of the cap with free shots on people fighting it. I am starting to think that this 8+ year old mil-sim game was never intended for a domination type format with people fighting in literal clouds of ifrit smoke lol

Joe King likes this
2 hours ago, Joe King said:

no your right asylum dom is 1000* better than oly conq. it shows in the numbers. 

my friend dom and conquest have around the same 60. also if you play olympus you know you can just sit on canisters and watch people just run in the smoke and kill everyone without them having an idea of where you are

Voodoo and Proud like this

There is nothing wrong with the way it is.

I just ran around and never have pressed tilde in my life.

There is a reason this was added because people just SIT on smoke canisters and ABUSE it and THAT IS X100 TIMES WORSE than the current meta.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

9 hours ago, Oskarr said:

people actually run around holding tilde key wtf?

I have never heard once of people doing this.

Also to add, removing names is a terrible idea you are catering the esping fags. 

No one spectates on domination and you are just giving the cheaters a bigger advantage because having names in smoke at least somewhat evens the playing field.

Edited by tom
Abu and Voodoo like this

theres reason olympus conquest has more pop than the dom server and the main server they listen to what we want we are the people playing not them its how the server is gonna die if ur not taking the feedback to improve the server its gonna go down the drain why olympus listen and literally sort it instantly dont not change it cause some buthurt kid is crying that he likes to be blurred like a freak theres a vote its more peoples opinion to reduce it 

Joe King likes this
10 hours ago, thero said:

I think its a problem when smoke fights are 99% based on what names you can see using tilde, and 1% actually seeing a player's body and shooting at them. Like you said it is literally just a tilde AHK fight and whoever sees a name pop up in the smoke first gets the kill. Reducing blur would definitely be a step in the right direction. IMO ifrit smokes should just be removed until somebody finds a reasonable way to prevent smoke exploiting, but obviously that would never happen because then everybody would just roach outside of the cap with free shots on people fighting it. I am starting to think that this 8+ year old mil-sim game was never intended for a domination type format with people fighting in literal clouds of ifrit smoke lol

wait thero, you’re back?🤑

Edited by FudgeR
3 hours ago, tom said:

Also to add, removing names is a terrible idea you are catering the esping fags. 

No one spectates on domination and you are just giving the cheaters a bigger advantage because having names in smoke at least somewhat evens the playing field.

Bruh, by keeping smoke blur its catering to the esping fags even more. 

you don't have slick here to ride your coat tails and listen to everything envy wants now bub

theres a reason why the servers dead

Joe King likes this

Whatever the current percentage of blur it is, just do 75% of that. Reduce smoke blur by 25% or 15% of what it is now and let's test it. 

We tested different blurs before dom came out and the smallest tweaks were pretty game changing but that was a while ago so I can't recall exactly how bad the smoke exploiting was.

I can play around the blur but I've noticed that the edges of smoke are blurred even though you are barely in it. 

I'm not sure if its possible, but make the radius of the smoke blur much closer to the actual canister itself and not so much in the smoke surrounding. Ban anyone standing on canisters as well, it's pretty obvious when someone is blatantly smoke exploiting. 

Joe King and Abu like this
1 hour ago, Bherky said:

Whatever the current percentage of blur it is, just do 75% of that. Reduce smoke blur by 25% or 15% of what it is now and let's test it. 

We tested different blurs before dom came out and the smallest tweaks were pretty game changing but that was a while ago so I can't recall exactly how bad the smoke exploiting was.

I can play around the blur but I've noticed that the edges of smoke are blurred even though you are barely in it. 

I'm not sure if its possible, but make the radius of the smoke blur much closer to the actual canister itself and not so much in the smoke surrounding. Ban anyone standing on canisters as well, it's pretty obvious when someone is blatantly smoke exploiting. 

we tested different %'s before the original dom and even changing it by like 5% was drastic so finding that "perfect" number isn't going to be easy

2 hours ago, Bherky said:

I think it has something to do with where your camera is positioned relative to the canister, and not where your character is positioned relative to the canister, in that case at least.

Also, these people saying no one runs around holding tilde, you are oblivious to think that Matt spamming tilde in side chat every time he types is just a coincidence. I found out probably a month after I came back that I could still tilde people through hills, so I made a macro on my mouse that would spam tilde for me. The macro also proved useful for seeing names through smokes. A lot of people either have software for their mouse or keyboard that lets them spam a certain key at whatever intervals or are using an AHK script to do the same thing. Just look at any recent montage on Asylum, if there are names under friendly hexes 100% of the time, they are probably using something to spam tilde for them. Whether it's akin to cheating or not isn't up to me, but the fact that tilde even works that way is fucked in and of itself.

Note that it's literally impossible to do this on Olympus, because the names are proximity-based. No amount of tilde-spamming helps on that server. I really don't know why Asylum doesn't have this on the domination server as well, considering long-range tilde usage is mostly for initiation purposes. On domination you can't even get names without bino's because everyone is wearing a mask, and there is no initiation, so getting a tilde from far away is pretty much useless.

Bherky and Bera like this
7 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

I think it has something to do with where your camera is positioned relative to the canister, and not where your character is positioned relative to the canister, in that case at least.

Also, these people saying no one runs around holding tilde, you are oblivious to think that Matt spamming tilde in side chat every time he types is just a coincidence. I found out probably a month after I came back that I could still tilde people through hills, so I made a macro on my mouse that would spam tilde for me. The macro also proved useful for seeing names through smokes. A lot of people either have software for their mouse or keyboard that lets them spam a certain key at whatever intervals or are using an AHK script to do the same thing. Just look at any recent montage on Asylum, if there are names under friendly hexes 100% of the time, they are probably using something to spam tilde for them. Whether it's akin to cheating or not isn't up to me, but the fact that tilde even works that way is fucked in and of itself.

Note that it's literally impossible to do this on Olympus, because the names are proximity-based. No amount of tilde-spamming helps on that server. I really don't know why Asylum doesn't have this on the domination server as well, considering long-range tilde usage is mostly for initiation purposes. On domination you can't even get names without bino's because everyone is wearing a mask, and there is no initiation, so getting a tilde from far away is pretty much useless.

if im remember correctly it's scripted as an area of effect around the cannister so whatever the range is around the cannister would be blurred and sometimes smokes get pushed so there is times where you aren't blurred in smoke and blurred out of smoke

13 hours ago, tom said:

There is nothing wrong with the way it is.

I just ran around and never have pressed tilde in my life.

There is a reason this was added because people just SIT on smoke canisters and ABUSE it and THAT IS X100 TIMES WORSE than the current meta.

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

I have never heard once of people doing this.

deadass i dont think tilde does shit i have never held that shit down in smoke and my shit looks exactly the same as everyone elses

Invictus likes this
5 hours ago, Junker said:

removing names in smoke only benefits people with esp.

theres a lot of ppl using esp in the server junke. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Darnell said:

perfect for me

yes sir

5 hours ago, Junker said:

removing names in smoke only benefits people with esp.

thats the real problem there lol. so manyyy theyre obvious.

FOR FAIR PLAY. What about JUST SHOW THE NAME? SO we whos not using cheat or  esp or any special software can fight fairly with the cheaters? JUST SHOW THE NAME!!! and let us do the kill