Changelog Christmas

Mitch

Hello Asylum,
Over the last few months we have seen a large quantity of cash enter the islands economy. In this patch we have taken steps to slow some of the more steady faucets to our economy. We also have taken this opportunity to slightly reduce the influence of perks & talents normally held exclusively by long standing gangs and veteran players. Doing this allows us to raise the base prices on most drugs closing the wage gap a bit between veteran and new players. We continue to monitor the logs and will adjust as necessary.

Added:

• Vehicle skins for the A-143 Buzzard & A-149 Gryphon
  • Reintroduced the domination group menu
  • Special vehicles to the admin spawn menu to be used in admin/server events
  • Tutorial filter to the quest menu
    • Only displays when eligible for the quests
  • Purification factory
    While the war for control of the island rages on between rebel factions and the APD. An independent group of wealthy investors have constructed a new factory. However even with the vast riches of the Altis elite.  No one is ever fully free from the cartels influence
    • Coke bricks, Heisenberg Meth & Golden Wax can only be made at the purification factory located at the middle of the map
    • The purification factory only takes a 5% cartel cut

Changed/Tweaked:

• Events
    • Mental asylum
      • The removal of the back gate has been reverted, The gate has been changed to a walk in gate
    • Jewelry Emporium:
      • Increase minimum payout by 25%
      • Payouts will now scale with the number of trophies you load (every trophy counts)
      • In the event you do not collect & load all trophies in under 10mins (Failing safe side quest). You are only given 3mins to continue loading trophies to increase your payout instead of 5
      • Reduced "Prying open jewelry case" 35 seconds -> 25 seconds
      • Reduced "Cutting open safe" 120 Seconds -> 90 Seconds
      • Reduced time to load safe contents 6min -> 5min
      • More hints/improved hints, This should provide better clarity for those who do the event without reading patch notes. Please let us know if it's too much information/timers on the screen
      • All Reward items (Rolex/Cuban link ect.) now have a unique price. 
      • The Jewelry Emporium building has been brought up to code (Ladder has been replaced with a fire escape)
    • Bank
      • Increased vault bonus payout 25k -> 30k per cop
  • Inventory
    • Attempting to drop more than you are carrying from a selected virtual item in your inventory, results in dropping the total amount of that virtual item you are carrying
  • Price Adjustments
    • "Roleplay" items have had their sell value adjusted to whole numbers.
    • Buy price
      • FAK's $35 -> $50
      • Sativa / Indica seeds 55 - > 75
      • Plasma Cutter price $100 -> $1000
      • Crowbar Price $100 -> 200
    • Sell price
      • LSD Pill 790 -> 500
      • Cocaine 500 -> 525
      • Heroin 450 -> 475
      • Reggie Cannabis 330 -> 350
      • Medical Marijuana 290 -> 300
      • Meth 1650 -> 1850
      • Crank 950 -> 1000
      • Sativa / Indica buds 800 -> 750
      • Cocaine bricks 960 -> 700
      • Heisenberg Meth 2000 -> 2350
  • Weight Adjustments
    • Fungai 2 -> 3
    • Plasma Cutter & Crowbar Weight 6 -> 5
  • Civs now have 20 talent points instead of 19
  • Gangs can now have up to a total of 9 talent points instead of 7
  • Gathering
    • Gathering by hand remains the same
    • Gang perks:
      • Drug Pusher 25% faster gathering by hand, Cannabis/Heroin/Cocaine 
      • Distributors 25% faster gathering by hand, Ephedra
    • Rodo Buff 50% faster Cocaine/Heroin gathered by hand
    • Tempest Device 40% faster than by hand 
    • Tractor 50% faster than gathering by hand
  • Speeding Tickets
    • Speeding cameras will no longer add a speeding charge, instead it deducts the ticket from your bank account
    • Speeding camera ticket price 2 -> 5
    • Speeding charge price 2 -> 50 (now only charged by an officer and no longer stackable)
    • New "Excessive speeding" charge for $500
  • New Cop/Civ Ratios
    Spoiler

Capture.PNG

• Metal Detecting
    • Nerfed High Yield metal detecting
    • Added more items (Flawless diamonds/silver piece)
    • Decreased chance of lockpicks + Metal plates considerably 
  • Asylum Exchange
    • Listing time 3 -> 7 days
  • Reduced Kingpin & Bootlegger Gang perks
    • 5% -> 2%

Fixed:

• Cop spawns
    • Moved a spawn out of a wall
    • Swat officers no longer spawn at old Athira HQ location
    • A issue with dying at a HQ selecting a spawn location then respawning at a different HQ then selected
  • Fixed hint in Shipping Robbery
  • Gang fortress is now actually capable of being captured
  • Fixed Heroin gather gang perk
  • Wreck Excavating Quest applying to metal detecting
  • Bounty Hunter quests progressing & completing on cop
  • Mental remains not burying and staying on the map for the entire restart

Removed

• Kraken waters
  • Drug runner boats
  • North Bank (Athira)
  • Home Improvement store
    • Home locator is now found at the DMV

Hotfix #1

• Asylum Exchange Exploit
  • Adjust Goldbar chance at wreck excavating
  • fix gold nugget chance at mining
Gackel, Bherky, Zurph and 24 others like this
5 hours ago, mitch said:
  • Speeding cameras will no longer add a speeding charge, instead it deducts the ticket from your bank account
  • Speeding camera ticket price 2 -> 5
  • Speeding charge price 2 -> 50 (now only charged by an officer and no longer stackable)
  • New "Excessive speeding" charge for $500

Liam Neeson Ngapa GIF

2 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

Historically speaking, when pills are touched, the sheets are too. I was wondering if the sell price changed with the pills too.

Probably just the pills. Considering how much quicker you can do just pills with just refining, you could make about as much if not more as doing sheets by just doing pills. One box truck of the pills would sell for ~200k, and take less than an hour to do.

4 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

how are you going to make measures to decrease money then raise the sell value of everything and how much money you get from events? am I missing something?

Its my understanding and belief that the number way to increase population on the server is to increase communication and interaction between players.  Over the last little bit most of the OG 4 money making drugs were relatively not worth it to the new more isolated money making methods.  

By implementing the new processor and increasing prices of OG drugs while decreasing house weed and pills, they are working towards that goal.  Why would people do meth and coke when you can sit in your house or at any drug dealer and make more money.  More interaction means more death and destruction.  Death is good

Nice work. My honest thoughts:

• These monetary changes will not have a significant impact on the economy, though I still don't understand why people are obsessed that this is a problem. A $20 price difference of a first aid kit is not gonna make a difference at all. Especially not when a certain pensioner who occupies the richest slot on the server spends his day and night grinding more money for absolutely no reason
  • The purification factory now replaces Kav weed processor & sheet factory as the place where gimps sit in a spot for the entire day clicking heads and making a fortune, again not great for the economy.
  • The inventory & mental asylum changes make the patch worthwhile on their own. Stupendous confectionary to be frank
  • Speeding tickets just need to go as a whole, I don't see any value added by these changes.
  • Emporium roof change is a good thing, not sure about the trade-off that you'll make more money from it now, but OK
  • The rest is decent but it feels like a lot of padding and changing prices for the sake of changing and nothing that really will have an impact. 
Edited by Michael L
T1tann. likes this

My opinion will mean very little here as I've just started playing regularly recently after coming back from playing a bit a few years back, however I don't think the purification location is a great idea. With greenhouses and wax, as a new player I felt like it gave me a real chance to actually be able to compete with some of the more veteran players with rebel gear/vehicles by being able to make money to stay up to speed. Not to mention, I primarily play alone or sometimes with a single friend because I am new, so going to a purification location for ALL drugs is going to be a disaster for someone like me. At weed processing, because weed isn't as lucrative as the other drugs, the times I've met folks there they've been pleasant so far, only one or two times have altercations ever broken out. Every time I try to do runs to any other drug, trouble always comes.

I think at least removing the Golden Wax from the purification requirement and allowing double processing at weed but instead of Wax selling for $1200 a piece, lowering it to 900-1000 would allow new players like myself feel like I can actually make enough money to keep up.

4 minutes ago, T1tann. said:

My opinion will mean very little here as I've just started playing regularly recently after coming back from playing a bit a few years back, however I don't think the purification location is a great idea. With greenhouses and wax, as a new player I felt like it gave me a real chance to actually be able to compete with some of the more veteran players with rebel gear/vehicles by being able to make money to stay up to speed. Not to mention, I primarily play alone or sometimes with a single friend because I am new, so going to a purification location for ALL drugs is going to be a disaster for someone like me. At weed processing, because weed isn't as lucrative as the other drugs, the times I've met folks there they've been pleasant so far, only one or two times have altercations ever broken out. Every time I try to do runs to any other drug, trouble always comes.

I think at least removing the Golden Wax from the purification requirement and allowing double processing at weed but instead of Wax selling for $1200 a piece, lowering it to 900-1000 would allow new players like myself feel like I can actually make enough money to keep up.

moving bigger gangs to the purification factory to fight for processing there means your normal runs of drugs will be less camped etc meaning they will generate more money for newer players in the long run

Junke likes this
1 hour ago, Michael L said:

The purification factory now replaces Kav weed processor & sheet factory as the place where gimps sit in a spot for the entire day clicking heads and making a fortune, again not great for the economy.

I think that's the point though. A higher concentration of people all getting butt blasted and losing their shit is a pretty good way to fix the economy.

The smaller drugs or just not fully processing will probably be safer and, realistically, more profitable if you're not in a huge gang.

ObiWoki, Mitch and Junke like this
9 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

I think that's the point though. A higher concentration of people all getting butt blasted and losing their shit is a pretty good way to fix the economy.

The smaller drugs or just not fully processing will probably be safer and, realistically, more profitable if you're not in a huge gang.

This

I think the change is a good compromise 

Mitch and Junke like this
10 hours ago, mitch said:
    • Sell price
      • Cocaine bricks 960 -> 700

Why nerf the coke brick sale price? You basically just made it harder while reducing the sale price by $260.

Buffing Heisenberg meth makes sense due to how far you must travel to complete the process but why buff regular meth and not, at the very least, leave coke bricks at $960?

You could still make the argument that meth is harder to do than coke (it is) but the sale price of bricks is complete dog shit now given you have to do it across 3 locations.

10 minutes ago, CP CCTV 02 said:

Why nerf the coke brick sale price? You basically just made it harder while reducing the sale price by $260.

Buffing Heisenberg meth makes sense due to how far you must travel to complete the process but why buff regular meth and not, at the very least, leave coke bricks at $960?

You could still make the argument that meth is harder to do than coke (it is) but the sale price of bricks is complete dog shit now given you have to do it across 3 locations.

Lots of change happening this patch. I can't predict exactly how players will react but my suspicion is at least some players will move away from LSD pills. Purification factory is 4km away from coke pro (as the crow flies) I was concerned that coke bricks being higher would result in an endless wave of coke brick running hatchbacks. Its very well possible its a bit light on payout. Its also entirely possible the G wax runners might decide they hate me because i just devalued their homes and decide not to do G wax anymore. People might look at heisen and say the travel isnt worth the pay. If those two things happen it means 0 competition at the purification factory. All these numbers are subject to change as we collect data and see how players react. 

4 minutes ago, Patato said:

Lots of change happening this patch. I can't predict exactly how players will react but my suspicion is at least some players will move away from LSD pills. Purification factory is 4km away from coke pro (as the crow flies) I was concerned that coke bricks being higher would result in an endless wave of coke brick running hatchbacks. Its very well possible its a bit light on payout. Its also entirely possible the G wax runners might decide they hate me because i just devalued their homes and decide not to do G wax anymore. People might look at heisen and say the travel isnt worth the pay. If those two things happen it means 0 competition at the purification factory. All these numbers are subject to change as we collect data and see how players react. 

Surprisingly non-shit response. Thank you for the details @Patato I guess we will just have to see how everything plays out.