Add a hitlist

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, GravL said:

Pretty sure there was something like that once upon a time, at least the ability to set bounties, kind of like rebels version of bounty hunting, I’m sure it was removed for a reason

It was apart of the rebel talent tree. Was just underused. From what I remember there was really no incentive for it as I believe the monetary gain was quite minimal.

GravL likes this
  • 4 weeks later...

Its something that was done in the past.
Caused a lot of issues and had to be micro managed by the Admin team.

In the end placing a bounty for someone was never really worth it. If a bounty got placed on someone and that player wanted to run drugs they would just hang out in the rebel until they were killed. If it was a large sum of money the reward would always end up in the hands of a friend/gang member/acquaintance. Deals were made in secret "Hey man let me get your hit and you can have mine". This led to alot of bans and when a feature is leading to more bans than actual game play its time to change it. 

The other cheese was look at the server list and see who was online. Place constant hits on players and have friends claim the hit so your gang knows where the target is at all times and can rob them of their drugs/money. 

Due to the fact 90% of the targets were not acting in good faith Admins started to put bounties on themselves or APD higher ups just to ensure that their would be bounties available that would /actually/ be possible to get. But then admins would forget they did that and go invisible or be doing Admin things and set god mode, leading to frustration.

Its something that could be revisited but its alot of effort for "Bounty Hunting but with lethals"

Ive always thought it would be cool to give late game BH's a "Dead or Alive" contract. But ive never been able to figure out how to avoid the issues that come with it.