What are you plans for Arma 4?

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

The leaks surrounding the next Arma is that it is a Arma 'lite' with just two modes and not nearly as modifiable as Arma 3.  Let's not get our hopes up.  Sounds like the new game engine has been in development hell imo 

I wouldn't put a ton of weight behind that rumor. The ability to mod and customize the game has become a huge reason why it's still alive to this day. I doubt that Tencent would agree with BI knee capping the future potential of the game and any following series. They may not be a majority holder, but they still have a financial interest. 

But yes. I have SUPER SECRET INFO ON ARMA 4. Like, subscribe and stay tuned where I release it in a future podcast. 

Thanks to my sponsor 

5 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/kqfs69/arma_reforger_arma_4/

This is information that is a year old but some of the key takeaways were console support and due to console support the game is/was being dumbed down.  Apparently no editor but the game is moddable ( Guns, weapons, all that shit ).  Obviously, being that this is a year old a lot could've changed and they're more committed to an actual Arma entry.  The leaker painted a bleak picture but he also seemed very disgruntled when I went through his twitter when it was still up, but had the receipts when it came to leaked Arma reforger stuff and a cancled Arma 3 terrain 

Edited by Sheriff Rick
4 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

Just curious. Is our money going to carry over? What about my RPG's? 

I want to see your day 1 plan. Because when arma 4 comes out, i want to hop on the server and RDM some noobs.

if asylum continued on to arma 4 and they made money/any progress carry over, what would even be the point of playing the new server. If anything they should be wiping the server once a year cause the games so fuckin stale everybody is megarich. game was so much more fun when it first came out cause everybody was poor and pulling an orca/ifrit was considered risky and a huge loss if you lost it. People fought tooth and nail over cartels cause of the money and huge conflicts over drug runs. People used to cry over admins just having free loadouts and playing with gangs, now its seen as normal cause 9/10 players have access to disgusting amounts of cash. 

Look at other games with servers like rust/dayz, hell even fuckin Escape from Tarkov wipe their entire game just to keep it fresh.

Idk why people here are so against getting their shit wiped, some of the oldest players have probably held houses for almost a decade. If asylum wiped the server annually, id be on all day every day, getting that anxiety on my drug run cause i know if I lose this im fuckin back at kavala picking apples again for a car.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:47 AM, 808s said:

if asylum continued on to arma 4 and they made money/any progress carry over, what would even be the point of playing the new server. If anything they should be wiping the server once a year cause the games so fuckin stale everybody is megarich. game was so much more fun when it first came out cause everybody was poor and pulling an orca/ifrit was considered risky and a huge loss if you lost it. People fought tooth and nail over cartels cause of the money and huge conflicts over drug runs. People used to cry over admins just having free loadouts and playing with gangs, now its seen as normal cause 9/10 players have access to disgusting amounts of cash. 

Look at other games with servers like rust/dayz, hell even fuckin Escape from Tarkov wipe their entire game just to keep it fresh.

Idk why people here are so against getting their shit wiped, some of the oldest players have probably held houses for almost a decade. If asylum wiped the server annually, id be on all day every day, getting that anxiety on my drug run cause i know if I lose this im fuckin back at kavala picking apples again for a car.

u know people that played on the server for a very long time have the houses they want ... it's as easy as that ...

I can completely understand that people don't want their prime real estate going to some random retards ... farming weed for a year or mining diamonds for top dollar because you are too dumb to think of anything else doesn't really entitle you to good houses imo ...

If it weren't for the actions of that small swedish collective that made the administration go crazy people would still only own what they deserve....

On topic: WIPE IT ALL because who fuckin cares at this point

1 hour ago, pan fried said:

u know people that played on the server for a very long time have the houses they want ... it's as easy as that ...

I can completely understand that people don't want their prime real estate going to some random retards ... farming weed for a year or mining diamonds for top dollar because you are too dumb to think of anything else doesn't really entitle you to good houses imo ...

If it weren't for the actions of that small swedish collective that made the administration go crazy people would still only own what they deserve....

On topic: WIPE IT ALL because who fuckin cares at this point

it’s not about owning what’s deserved, it’s a fucking video game. 

Imagine the race between everybody to make as much money as quickly as they can to buy back their primeg houses, if you can’t see the value in springing back life/progression  into the game instead of sitting in your prime kavala square house 24/7 then idk what to say. 

26 minutes ago, 808s said:

Imagine the race between everybody to make as much money as quickly as they can to buy back their primeg houses, if you can’t see the value in springing back life/progression  into the game instead of sitting in your prime kavala square house 24/7 then idk what to say. 

the life cycle has ended you are trying to kick a dead horse to life again ...

long time players have stayed that long because they have what they have ... if everytime sone new player wanted some good houses the server had been wiped there would be no server anymore ...

and like I said I am for the wipe and deserved was probably the wrong choice of words but I am not an englishman and my english is not that good

6 hours ago, 808s said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/Rust/ here you are sir

Tyrone Darnell likes this

My main concern for whether or not Arma 4 will take off with the asylum community has less to do with the capabilities of people making the server. There will likely be a host of different guns, the way you can damage will probably change a bit. Suppose when you get shot you cant just first aid kit and be at 75 health. You may have to go through a 5 step process that takes multiple minutes to heal similar to the DayZ standalone. What will gangs do without ifrits and mk1's? We all want to see stuff get spiced up but I honestly think people got hooked into Asylum and Altis life in general because of the niche combat and game play that may completely be altered into something that only a fraction of the people who play Asylum or who have played it for a long time will enjoy. Not to mention the map size and terrain will likely be a whole different ball game. In my opinion, Altis is easily the best map for a life server and within that it blows every other map out of the water. It may not be perfect to everyone, but it has grown to be the perfect map for it's purpose to me. I think that will be hard to top for myself and many others.

Jeffo likes this