Make turfs great again [poll]

Turfs  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Agree?

It takes waaay to long to cap the flag currently. It is basically just, whoever gets there first gets the flag. Not much point in trying to fight it because it is too easy to kill anyone on the flag, and they have the advantage of seeing how many are in the turf on the map.

Maybe just reduce the time it takes to capture the flag so you can actually finish the cap before a group of rooks and sdars can rush the cap from a town again?

Anyone agree this should be changed?

51 minutes ago, Patato said:

This is somthing best handled by the civ council + vote.

currently it looks like 1min to capture. The number can be w/e doesn't matter to me just needs to be somthing the community agrees on as were not going to change it every 3 days. 

Get together with a civ council member and think up a number 🙂

Ahh I forgot that was a thing. Who are they and how do I find out who they are without asking?

5 hours ago, KrazyKnight said:

Are they still a thing? Figured that stopped.

when people come up with ideas and they are not implemented after the community voted yes on them, people start to wonder why they waste there time coming up with ideas. I think civ council figured out real quick that its if the devs want to or if they know how to. so yes things did kinda die out even though at first it was going good.

Crossfade, KrazyKnight and Richard like this
4 hours ago, Zurph said:

when people come up with ideas and they are not implemented after the community voted yes on them, people start to wonder why they waste there time coming up with ideas. I think civ council figured out real quick that its if the devs want to or if they know how to. so yes things did kinda die out even though at first it was going good.

I think that's a wildly unfair representation of what happened to the civ council. You had a program created by Devs to give a direct line of communication between civs and Devs. (whether they were successful or not is up for debate) Devs were then promptly removed from the equation and it was turned into the community council by an SA. Leaving our position within the council confused. (Are we supposed to lead the discussion? Is it up to us to hold a meeting to get you guys to start making suggestions? Are we just there to say "No thats impossible?" 

My idea for the civ council was to give them their own private section of the forums where they could put down fully hatched idea's. Other civ council members could provide feedback and vote on a poll, Admins/Devs could raise concerns or inform you if something was not possible or out of the scope of Asylum development. After a week the idea gets put into discord to be voted on by the community (Assuming it passes the poll on the private forum). At which time a fully approved fully hatched idea is presented to the community to be voted on. That way no false expectations are set.

Currently you guys put an idea in a private discord channel i have to scroll thru which has no vote. It gives me no idea what the community wants and i'm not going to cherry pick ideas out of a channel to implement. No discussion happens you guys just say something then drop it for someone else to deal with. No one organized a meeting or follows up on Idea's.

So, out of the 26 Suggested Items i see ON THE ACTUAL COMMUNITY COUNCIL WHERE THINGS GET VOTED ON

9 Fails
8 Passes + Done in game right now
1 Pass then modified (Cop ratio) + Done
1 Suggestion with 0 detail "Small to Medium scale updates for central parts of cities like the Kavala update" Kavala Update was player made, My eden skills are pretty trash but ive done some light things like moving clinc/skinning some NPCs
1 Item that is frit smoke related which I don't recall was done or not as lots of changes have occurred with smokes and i can't keep up.

Which leave 6 Items remaining
2 Came after our most recent patch. (Feb 3)
fe95bcdae41d8ef42bfe68274d5b8573.png

The top one of which i did a bit of work on which was included in a hot fix. Still not completed as its time intensive and after fixing cop/medic/every donor item/hats/backpacks/vests. I just haven't had the energy to tackle the mess of clothing that exists
1 Suggestion from Henry which passed that he hasn't completed.

Which leaves just three suggestions that passed which have remained undone.

1. Gang fortress once a week - Honestly no idea where Gang fortress is even handled and i just havnt had time to go on a exploration mission
  2. Civ triggered admin events (not actually suggested by civ council this was from vortex) - This one im heavily against as the lag gun game creates is extremely noticeable on a full server.
  3. Add to grease monkey talent 2. (2 Faks to vehicle. Tbh i just forgot about this one and ill probably get on it tonight) Done

Imo i feel we have done a very good job. Especially considering we could easily run up against issues where you guys have an idea but then I have some data or tool telling me it would be a bad idea. And you would just have to accept me at my word that i know what I'm doing.  

And this was all completed on top of doing regular dev duties. 

Edit: Grease Monkey thing done for next patch/hotfix

Louie and Zurph like this
6 hours ago, Defragments said:

Who dooooo we talk tooooo?

I assumed you figured it out because it got proposed.
I don't have access to this list and it was never announced officially so best i can give you is this, 
a38ad97ba512c6c664354d550c9522ff.png
I know another two go by "AnimeRuinsourkids" & "Papa fitz"

6 hours ago, Patato said:

I assumed you figured it out because it got proposed.
I don't have access to this list and it was never announced officially so best i can give you is this, 
a38ad97ba512c6c664354d550c9522ff.png

Thanks. I didn't figure it out though. 

8 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

I'm kind of neutral on changing it because the statement "who ever gets there first wins" is a bit false imo and we have won many times being quite late to the cap @Defragments without ifrits.. or with..

True we have, but against anyone semi-competent, it's pretty much not possible. As soon as we have the flag capped, we literally say "well that's over, we won." because we know how easy it is to defend after that.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, Patato said:

I think that's a wildly unfair representation of what happened to the civ council. You had a program created by Devs to give a direct line of communication between civs and Devs. (whether they were successful or not is up for debate) Devs were then promptly removed from the equation and it was turned into the community council by an SA. Leaving our position within the council confused. (Are we supposed to lead the discussion? Is it up to us to hold a meeting to get you guys to start making suggestions? Are we just there to say "No thats impossible?" 

My idea for the civ council was to give them their own private section of the forums where they could put down fully hatched idea's. Other civ council members could provide feedback and vote on a poll, Admins/Devs could raise concerns or inform you if something was not possible or out of the scope of Asylum development. After a week the idea gets put into discord to be voted on by the community (Assuming it passes the poll on the private forum). At which time a fully approved fully hatched idea is presented to the community to be voted on. That way no false expectations are set.

Currently you guys put an idea in a private discord channel i have to scroll thru which has no vote. It gives me no idea what the community wants and i'm not going to cherry pick ideas out of a channel to implement. No discussion happens you guys just say something then drop it for someone else to deal with. No one organized a meeting or follows up on Idea's.

So, out of the 26 Suggested Items i see ON THE ACTUAL COMMUNITY COUNCIL WHERE THINGS GET VOTED ON

9 Fails
8 Passes + Done in game right now
1 Pass then modified (Cop ratio) + Done
1 Suggestion with 0 detail "Small to Medium scale updates for central parts of cities like the Kavala update" Kavala Update was player made, My eden skills are pretty trash but ive done some light things like moving clinc/skinning some NPCs
1 Item that is frit smoke related which I don't recall was done or not as lots of changes have occurred with smokes and i can't keep up.

Which leave 6 Items remaining
2 Came after our most recent patch. (Feb 3)
fe95bcdae41d8ef42bfe68274d5b8573.png

The top one of which i did a bit of work on which was included in a hot fix. Still not completed as its time intensive and after fixing cop/medic/every donor item/hats/backpacks/vests. I just haven't had the energy to tackle the mess of clothing that exists
1 Suggestion from Henry which passed that he hasn't completed.

Which leaves just three suggestions that passed which have remained undone.

1. Gang fortress once a week - Honestly no idea where Gang fortress is even handled and i just havnt had time to go on a exploration mission
  2. Civ triggered admin events (not actually suggested by civ council this was from vortex) - This one im heavily against as the lag gun game creates is extremely noticeable on a full server.
  3. Add to grease monkey talent 2. (2 Faks to vehicle. Tbh i just forgot about this one and ill probably get on it tonight) Done

Imo i feel we have done a very good job. Especially considering we could easily run up against issues where you guys have an idea but then I have some data or tool telling me it would be a bad idea. And you would just have to accept me at my word that i know what I'm doing.  

And this was all completed on top of doing regular dev duties. 

Edit: Grease Monkey thing done for next patch/hotfix

never forget the aircraft carrier loadout option. 🙂