April Patch Notes

Patato

4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Man you guys sure cry hard. Fucking Sally's. Shut the fuck up and play the game you paid for 6 years ago. 

You cry babies are the reason no one wants to do work for anyone. You're all riding slicks dick about the content he put out. But you seem to have zero idea how much he hated the constant bitching you guys do here. 

If you can't find a way to at least be constructive, don't be surprised when I bop you from forums and game. You can watch from the sidelines for all I care. 

giphy.gif

Except we do know how much he hated it? You forget a lot of us played with him? Who would like their work being bashed? At least slick actually had content though and didn’t just change values. I do like some of the skins though and they don’t look like they were just found on google so there’s a plus

cracka likes this
17 hours ago, skimancole said:

That's rich. @Patato recently has been looking at the logs and has some FANTASTIC numbers for ya to put this to rest. According to Patato's research, the cops lose 75% of ALL federal events. The bank has literally INFLATED the economy since the cops lose so much...

Posted with daddy Patatos permission

from patatos research ok prove it to the community

18 hours ago, skimancole said:

That's rich. @Patato recently has been looking at the logs and has some FANTASTIC numbers for ya to put this to rest. According to Patato's research, the cops lose 75% of ALL federal events. The bank has literally INFLATED the economy since the cops lose so much...

Posted with daddy Patatos permission

i wonder if the economy being inflated could be , sure cops lose federal events and rebels get 100-500k , but then when the cops win and get a group of 6 ppl worth over 100k each they get paid a 1"1 ratio doesn't matter if cops lose 75% of the time, it's an investment for when they do get the win and get a bigger paycheck 

And cops lose federal event most of the time because everyone is playing sniper elite and lethal 99% of the time. that 300k at most bank being split between an avg of 6 players sure is going to be inflating the economy a cocaine run pays out more

Also pretty sure Domination had nothing to do with economy being inflated , and money making inside houses LSD and Weed (worst ideas ever) when there's almost 0% risk and you sit on a passive money maker just nerfing the prices of it isn't going to help. make people go out of their houses to make money so they have more chances to get robbed lose hemmts / vans / whatever and make those trucks / vans worth alot more so it actually feels like you'll lose somethiing when being robbed. 

Edited by Juan Lei
abdul karim azeem likes this
47 minutes ago, FudgeR said:

ADD MY DOM MAP @Patato@Azeh @Mitch @ObiWoki

BEST MAP

If you actually made a map it has never even reached me. I keep being told theirs maps being made and "Oh ya i told skiman about it"

If we could actually get these files into the proper hands it would really help.

EDIT: Would also really help if you put it up on suggestions and feedback. I wouldn't know the first thing about what makes a good map for DOM and your amazing community can leave some feedback.

4 hours ago, abdul karim azeem said:

dont think the loss percentage of federal events r a good metric when most of the apd built like this

They keep denying my requests to replace the APD with god mode AI :(.

11 minutes ago, Patato said:

If you actually made a map it has never even reached me. I keep being told theirs maps being made and "Oh ya i told skiman about it"

If we could actually get these files into the proper hands it would really help.

i made a completely new dom map 2 months ago and spoke about it in discord with mitch and skiman. i sent the files to mitch and im guessing he never opened it. i also asked azeh he said he never heard anything about it

MoLu. likes this

Cut the bs aside, an update is an update. at the end of the day the best thing any of us who aren't involved in said updates can do is just give honest feedback. I didn't think it was going to be as upsetting as i thought it was after being told the basic rundown of the patch. I'll be honest, i'm actually very glad that the issue of house sharing has been addressed. Let's be real here guys it was getting pretty disgusting. We don't have to dive into that i think we all know how badly that system was being run into the ground. we should definitely figure that out. But The main thing I am concerned with is the complete removal and replacement of the seasonal quests. Myself and many other people put hundreds of hours into completing alot of those and to just completely wipe our progress is personally insulting. How is it a new season if over half of the "new seasonals" are exact replicas of seasonals i already completed, once again most of which had horrible/unusable rewards. (ex scalping, sold for less than human organs, and you had to sell the scalp you first received before having the option to scalp again. sells for 6k) I understand that it was a broken system and that it definitely needed fixing but you could of at least put some more time into it + let us keep the changed "reward benefits" as i said, How do we consider this a "New season" when it's essentially just a nerfed version of the old system with mostly the same content as before. It was claimed that the seasonals would be "PERMANENT" meaning "when the time comes" for a new season they would remove all of the current ones and replace them, but those few who completed said seasonals before given deadline would be able to keep the rewards. That would have been cool.

Edited by Mithridates Of Pontus
Austin M likes this
4 hours ago, FudgeR said:

i made a completely new dom map 2 months ago and spoke about it in discord with mitch and skiman. i sent the files to mitch and im guessing he never opened it. i also asked azeh he said he never heard anything about it

when porto gets added im uninstalling

4 hours ago, Patato said:

EDIT: Would also really help if you put it up on suggestions and feedback. I wouldn't know the first thing about what makes a good map for DOM and your amazing community can leave some feedback.

Gonna throw up a bank I finished a couple months ago, I sent it to skiman and nothing ever happened.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
FudgeR likes this

@Mitch (IFRIT) Will region Lock be happening soon?

Reasons behind this request has already been known to everyone. 

@PatatoYes people are thankful for some work being done. But, you can not please everyone.

Now I do disagree on the key issue, Maybe for garages allow increased amount? Alot of places have more houses then garages. I myself been sharing my garage for years to ANYONE living in the town. And now I have to tell them no.. :( 

10 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) Will region Lock be happening soon?

Reasons behind this request has already been known to everyone. 

@PatatoYes people are thankful for some work being done. But, you can not please everyone.

Now I do disagree on the key issue, Maybe for garages allow increased amount? Alot of places have more houses then garages. I myself been sharing my garage for years to ANYONE living in the town. And now I have to tell them no.. :( 

u guys are stupid for still asking for region lock. its not happening, the chinese population are barely on, they really only affect US players who dont touch grass and EU players, so why would he remove a small population that bring liveliness and money at off peak times on the server

for everyone crying about the keys, just fucking see how the server runs with only 5 keys and see how it alters life in the cities etc. everyone is knocking it before its even happened because u all dont like change when realistically, the change could be more positive. ur upset because its a bit of an annoyance and u cant be mr nice guy giving keys out, whereas down the line its addressing an issue where too many people have access to an OP house which is ruining the gameplay for people.

i think everyone rn agrees the economy is fucked, passive income shouldnt rlly be in the server, it ruins gang life. people should be forced to interact take risks for big rewards. federal events should be harder to push gangs to have bigger populations to fight instead of events that can be easily won with 3/4 members. Money making like Meth should be incentivised, where you fight and have to run in groups to make the big money. and then gangs will try control these areas and gang life will be revived. 

i think i speak for most people in the fact that the server is so dry, gang life is dead. cartels are barely even fought and only ever fought by like 3/4 people or a group of 10 shitters. i never see anyone making money, meth lab and coke are empty. and people are running passive income from OP houses. domination is dead. spamming fed events is zzz because its unlikely you lose if u have a brain, and there is no reward.
only fun for me is ratting and trolling and gets stale fast.

i want a server restart, everyone tryna make money get the good houses, make big gangs
big 20v20s all that

MoLu., Teddy_ and Bob Danaloo like this
16 minutes ago, Michael L said:

Region lock is not happening, the Chinas donate a lot and are already region locked from other servers so they come here = more income for asylum. Would be a stupid business decision to kick them out, unless everyone calling for a region lock is willing to cover the loss?

It's not about money in the slightest. I see connection complaints from a ton of regions. Brazil, China, Australia, Germany,  Croatia, etc etc. I don't think denying connections is a smart move for server health in 2022. I wish there was a solution, but we can't survive as a NA arma server. We also can only have the box in one location. 

Michael L and MoLu. like this
4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

It's not about money in the slightest. I see connection complaints from a ton of regions. Brazil, China, Australia, Germany,  Croatia, etc etc. I don't think denying connections is a smart move for server health in 2022. I wish there was a solution, but we can't survive as a NA arma server. We also can only have the box in one location. 

Just makes it almost unplayable to go against china people. The lag always seems to help them...

On 4/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, skimancole said:

Keep berating the devs and content will only come out slower. Not sure why everybody decides to shit on every patch that comes out and wonder why they get no content sooner.

y’all wonder why we’ve gone through like 6 devs in a matter of 2-3 years.

Im pretty sure nobody took a shit on slicks updates man....

41 minutes ago, Joe Sha said:

• Players with the talent "Grease monkey" will have their vehicles spawn with 2 FAK's
    • Having FAK's inside a vehicle will now no longer prevent storing/impounding.

for Heli’s I still get a warning items in in my vehicle when I attempt to store.

Waiting for population to dip a bit before we deploy a hotfix.
(IF i dont fall asleep first)

Hotfix #2:

• Fixed general light hatchback not showing up with a skin
  • Fixed being able to slingload the time trial vehicle
  • Fixed being able to cargoload the time trial vehicle
  • Fixed names being wrongly put into DB on time trial succes
  • Added dynamic waypoint radius on time trials
  • Added dynamic starting radius on time trials
  • Reduced start radius on AlphaCourse time trial
  • Resized the time trial checkpoint marker
  • Fixed quest duplicates
  • Fixed patrol officer quest
  • Fixed FAK's in a car resulting in a storevehicle / impound warning
  • Fixed an issue with SRT not being allowed to carry some weapons even if they already earned them
  • Fixed being able to lockpick whilst downed or restrained
  • Added a new NPC and NPC system specifically for time trials
  • Fixed house keys being distributable even though you didn't buy the upgrade
  • Fixed a ladder at mineral processing near federal reserve
  • Fixed some Titles not properly updating
  • Fixed 3 aircraft spawns at athira rebel spawning vehicles in walls
  • Added a safety to spawning time trial vehicles to not spawn in other vehicles
  • Added a gokart time trial
  • Taru Transport to paramedic, Taru Medevac to ADV EMT @Donald
  • Added auto NVG for admin events at night
  • Added a temporary time trial skin for the AlphaCourse
    • Spoiler

AXfaRN5.png

Thanks bbgreg17

Ebola and Donald like this
23 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

Hotfix #2:

• Fixed general light hatchback not showing up with a skin
  • Fixed being able to slingload the time trial vehicle
  • Fixed being able to cargoload the time trial vehicle
  • Fixed names being wrongly put into DB on time trial succes
  • Added dynamic waypoint radius on time trials
  • Added dynamic starting radius on time trials
  • Reduced start radius on AlphaCourse time trial
  • Resized the time trial checkpoint marker
  • Fixed quest duplicates
  • Fixed patrol officer quest
  • Fixed FAK's in a car resulting in a storevehicle / impound warning
  • Fixed an issue with SRT not being allowed to carry some weapons even if they already earned them
  • Fixed being able to lockpick whilst downed or restrained
  • Added a new NPC and NPC system specifically for time trials
  • Fixed house keys being distributable even though you didn't buy the upgrade
  • Fixed a ladder at mineral processing near federal reserve
  • Fixed some Titles not properly updating
  • Fixed 3 aircraft spawns at athira rebel spawning vehicles in walls
  • Added a safety to spawning time trial vehicles to not spawn in other vehicles
  • Added a gokart time trial
  • Taru Transport to paramedic, Taru Medevac to ADV EMT @Donald
  • Added auto NVG for admin events at night
  • Added a temporary time trial skin for the AlphaCourse
    •   Hide contents

AXfaRN5.png

Thanks bbgreg17

hello mate, how do you give perm keys cause they keep going everytime i log off 

abdul karim azeem likes this
2 hours ago, cracka said:

hello mate, would love to keep my keys after restarts if im being honest. 

hello? just wondering if my perm keys can maybe stick after a restart?

hi, i had a question if with the new keys do perm keys only last 4 hours?

10 hours ago, cracka said:

7 hours ago, abdul karim azeem said:

hello mate, would love to keep my keys after restarts if im being honest. 

hello? just wondering if my perm keys can maybe stick after a restart?

hi, i had a question if with the new keys do perm keys only last 4 hours?

If you guys are genuinly having an issue please make a bug report.
My keys are working

We did have to purge keys as some players had figured out an exploit to add themselves to houses without paying.

cracka and Bob Danaloo like this

Mildly salted to see my hard earned seasonals go away, but that's life. I am disappointed to see no seasonal quests for crafting. For what it might be worth, I suggest adding some kind of seasonal for doing restart quests. Like, most of these little civ quests are never touched because they aren't worth the time you could spend doing anything else. At least give some kind of long term reward or achievement title or something to encourage Sir Rattington and Ratface McRatfuck to stop running weed/meth/whatever to grind out the restart quests. Just a thought. 

MoLu., Austin M and Bob Danaloo like this