Top Floor Shop Houses

I suggest making the top floor of the "Shop Houses" into purchasable houses. Leave the bottom floor unlocked as it is not part of the house, but the top floor be equivalent to a 2c house.

Pros:

• Increase amount of available houses
  • Lower the value of many high profile houses in the cities

Cons:

• I'm genuinely unsure if you have the ability to code this, no offense to you because you seem nice, I haven't seen you do much developing as just changing values of already written code (I hope you prove me wrong)

Pics:

B26XOVi.jpg

Nwehfiw.jpg

WhcVcKD.jpg

jYpGr3P.jpg

onKcQ33.jpg

VicXlfj.jpg

26 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

• I'm genuinely unsure if you have the ability to code this, no offense to you because you seem nice, I haven't seen you do much developing as just changing values of already written code (I hope you prove me wrong)

Pics:

Being passive agressive is a really good way to get things done.
As if its hard to add another building to the array of houses.

Just now, Patato said:

Being passive agressive is a really good way to get things done.
As if its hard to add another building to the array of houses.

i was being nice but also honest. and i dont think its as simple as adding the building to the array of houses since im saying the bottom floor where the big glass windows are should still be unlocked since thats just a shop

abdul karim azeem likes this
Just now, 王 rando 王 said:

i was being nice but also honest. and i dont think its as simple as adding the building to the array of houses since im saying the bottom floor where the big glass windows are should still be unlocked since thats just a shop

Then how about you stick to the suggesting and we will tell you whats possible. instead of essentially calling us brainless idiots

5 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

patato just breathe, i'm just being nice and suggesting things.

Im fine, Mitch took the gloves off. Say retarded shit get called retarded, I have no problem with shops being a house. But don't sit here and insult us as if i cant figure out how to type Land_I_Shop_V2_F and hit save. Then pretend like you're trying to be nice as if you didnt just try a very poor insult.

2 minutes ago, Patato said:

Im fine, Mitch took the gloves off. Say retarded shit get called retarded, I have no problem with shops being a house. But don't sit here and insult us as if i cant figure out how to type Land_I_Shop_V2_F and hit save

Bro you need to chill, seriously, if I was trying to be mean I could, my forums history shows that. I'm just trying to be nice and make nice suggestions.

And I genuinely hope you do implement this, it'd be great for the server

KingOfNarniaa likes this
2 minutes ago, Patato said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

thats the wrong building, the one I'm talking about is called "Shop House" and it has the door on the right side which goes upstairs. I'm saying make the door on the right and the door upstairs the only doors you can lock and leave the bottom floor as a shop that anyone can use the doors on and run through,

Trioxide likes this

I think it would be interesting to test out for a patch, if there are too many buildings in broken positions then it can be removed surely. I don't see the negatives outweighing the positives, though you would probably want to make buildings with a NPC dealer inside nonpurchaseable 

How do we move forward if we need new shops though / move shops in houses that are already built. Just force the homeowner out of it. How do you envision this?

1 minute ago, Kawaii said:

I think it would be interesting to test out for a patch, if there are too many buildings in broken positions then it can be removed surely. I don't see the negatives outweighing the positives, though you would probably want to make buildings with a NPC dealer inside nonpurchaseable 

5 minutes ago, Patato said:
  • I'm genuinely unsure if i have the ability to code this, no offense to you because you seem nice, I haven't done much developing as just changing values of already written code 

Patato I had no doubt you could make the building into a house, my concern was only making the top floor doors lockable as it is a "Shop House" where the house is on the top and the shop is on the bottom. Your example was the wrong building type entirely, and I'm not being mean when saying this or insulting or anything. I'm just explaining what my original idea was.

Lockable doors:sWxXx8r.jpg

DAeH3eq.jpg

door that cannot be locked(as it is part of the shop and is more of a public property): LNvjRqU.jpg

2 minutes ago, ObiWoki said:

How do we move forward if we need new shops though / move shops in houses that are already built. Just force the homeowner out of it. How do you envision this?

the building is a "Shop House" which is what Arma calls it, the shop is on the bottom and the top is the house, the player would own the top and the bottom is the shop which is a public area that the owner cannot lock, Which is what my original idea was that I feel like you guys keep glossing over.

5 minutes ago, ObiWoki said:

A lot of new NPC's and sell areas are just put into custom placed buildings, like the useless marijuana dispensaries or the African Warlord. If we made this change and it was well received I'm sure this could be worked around. There are always the damaged buildings/shop fronts too

1 hour ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Patato I had no doubt you could make the building into a house, my concern was only making the top floor doors lockable as it is a "Shop House" where the house is on the top and the shop is on the bottom. Your example was the wrong building type entirely, and I'm not being mean when saying this or insulting or anything. I'm just explaining what my original idea was.

Sigh it doesn't matter what building it is. i literally did it in 3mins on the nearest shop I can lock a door or unlock it. How do you think LT's conduct raids? And yes we can disable houses. If i rub a few brain cells together we can even just not have a scroll wheel at all on these buildings but you know thats pretty advanced

1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Meanwhile at @Patato's house

I miss u dad

Clint Beastwood likes this
Just now, Patato said:

Sigh it doesn't matter what building it is. I can lock a door or unlock it. How do you think LT's conduct raids? And yes we can disable houses.

im saying to not make the bottom glass door lockable at all though, anybody can use that door, only the white house doors. can you specify that? that was what my concern was, I had no doubt you could make the whole building purchasable, my concern was making only half a building a house because its never been done before

im saying to not make the bottom glass door lockable at all though, anybody can use that door, only the white house doors. can you specify that? that was what my concern was, I had no doubt you could make the whole building purchasable, my concern was making only half a building a house because its never been done before

14 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Possible and you can have it only lock the upper door and stair door

10 minutes ago, ObiWoki said:

just double up shopkeepers in already existing NPC shophouses

1 minute ago, Patato said:

Okay thats all I was asking lmao, I felt like you kept overlooking that part considering your example picture didnt even have upstairs doors. I'm not being hostile at all, I see no need for you to be.

12 minutes ago, ObiWoki said:

The bottom half is unlockable, anybody can use those doors, only the top half is lockable. There are currently no shops that use the top half of the building to my knowledge. Therefor that situation you just gave is a non issue.

1 minute ago, 王 rando 王 said:

The bottom half is unlockable, anybody can use those doors, only the top half is lockable. There are currently no shops that use the top half of the building to my knowledge. Therefor that situation you just gave is a non issue.

People shouldn't be able to literally spawn in npc shops everytime they die therefor it is

Just now, ObiWoki said:

People shouldn't be able to literally spawn in npc shops everytime they die therefor it is

Why not? Prime real estate. and you'd spawn above it technically, to go back downstairs you'd have to walk outside and then back in through the bottom floor.

Why not? Prime real estate. and you'd spawn above it technically, to go back downstairs you'd have to walk outside and then back in through the bottom floor.

really not much different than just owning the house right beside the npc shop

If you'd like to jump in a voicechat so I could explain it better I'm available.

25 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

really not much different than just owning the house right beside the npc shop

If you'd like to jump in a voicechat so I could explain it better I'm available.

Except that NPC shops are god-moded.
You are just never going to be allowed to sit camping essential shops (Mainly for new players) in one of the major citys in a god-mode locked house directly above your targets.

We already would be in there disableing arson kits for these locations, might as well disable buying the shop at the same time.

1 minute ago, Patato said:

Except that NPC shops are god-moded.
You are just never going to be allowed to sit camping essential shops (Mainly for new players) in one of the major citys in a god-mode locked house directly above your targets.

We already would be in there disableing arson kits, might as well disable buying the shop at the same time.

Fair point, not all npc shops are godmoded though, However I believe the shops at like Kavala square are godmoded while the gunstore in kavala is not.

Fair point, not all npc shops are godmoded though, However I believe the shops at like Kavala square are godmoded while the gunstore in kavala is not.

I'm not opposed to not making npc shops purchasable as only a small percentage of Shop Houses are actual npc shops

I think only npc shops in the squares of cities are godmoded so aslong as those arent buyable i dont really see an issue

At first I thought about living ontop of the store would be a cool idea. But the whole god mode etc proves to be a problem there.

Perhaps we could look at making a warning that these shop houses can be taken back for server features at anytime without warning, adding that they will be compensated at their market value. idk thinking of ideas to get this implemented.

Sandwich and 王 rando 王 like this
3 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

At first I thought about living ontop of the store would be a cool idea. But the whole god mode etc proves to be a problem there.

Perhaps we could look at making a warning that these shop houses can be taken back for server features at anytime without warning, adding that they will be compensated at their market value. idk thinking of ideas to get this implemented.

I'm fine with this and I will admit I forgot about the godmode thing aswell. I'm just saying theres only a handful of different variants of purchasable houses, including these would drastically increase the volume of available houses.

Sandwich likes this

I'm fine with this and I will admit I forgot about the godmode thing aswell. I'm just saying theres only a handful of different variants of purchasable houses, including these would drastically increase the volume of available houses.

I'd love to live above the Kavala gun store. But looks like that idea would have to be tabled. 

iirc there were some other house types that were not able to be owned, other than the one you and potato showed. Am I thinking wrong?

1 minute ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I'd love to live above the Kavala gun store. But looks like that idea would have to be tabled. 

iirc there were some other house types that were not able to be owned, other than the one you and potato showed. Am I thinking wrong?

Broken houses and houses with glass doors which no one would want to live in, I believe this was the closest to an actual house

1 minute ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

kavala gunstore isnt godmoded tho, ive blown it up many times

I've always liked these houses but unfortunately theres no doors on them

ie2yF4N.jpg

I could see making these Slum Houses into 1 craters which there is some of these out in the middle of no where.

nVBzKCN.jpg

The issue that is currently being discussed is the hit to server performance. For the sake of explaining it here easily. It can be amounted to essentially doubling the amount of houses that need to be loaded by the server. It's unknown the performance hit it would take to do so. And it would be infuriating for many to buy the house and then have to loose it. And for those at max house cap, they had to sell one of their other houses to make room, and are now out the new house and their old house. IDK if there is a reliable way to test this in a test environment as it's pretty hard to replicate a full server, and all the loads and stresses that come along with it.