Kavala Apartments (Barracks Building)

Concept:

My idea with this is to turn the barracks building into an apartment complex. Each small room would be equivalent to a 1c house (Not upgradeable at all, no greenhouse, no storage increases). Instead of purchasing these "houses" normally you'd rent them instead. So it'd be more like a weekly payment for the house.

Pros:

• Close storage to square for all new people and veterans alike.
  • Easier to find available units than finding available houses

Cons:

• Cannot be blown up (I think this is fine if the 1c is not upgradeable at all, so very limited storage and no greenhouse)

Function:

Each room (unit) would act as a 1c house that is nonupgradeable, very minimum storage. There should be an NPC where there is two options: the first being you can check availability of units, which would prompt you to purchase a unit if one is available, and a 2nd option is to move out of your unit.

Once a unit is purchased it will place a waypoint to the door of the room that you had just acquired.

Optional:

If you feel that not being able to blow these up makes them too overpowered maybe not allow spawning in these units instead just be storage only.

Pics:

o1y3iCI.jpg

mFgxvM6.jpg

i47xZd7.jpg

D6Rs4UE.jpg

iKJfQu3.jpg

HAWOcDt.jpg

TgXx43Z.jpg

Edited by 王 rando 王
new pic
3 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Apex has the Tanoa hotels/hostels/villas

3 hours ago, skimancole said:

I’m already praying for the poor bastards that would have to APD raid a barracks building apartment full of a rat gang.

on a real note, this housing should be meant to be temporary and have a “rent” instead of a one time purchase.

Both sound good, definitely would be good to have a rental feature on it. I also think it shouldn't be able to age scotch/weed like Rando said. Otherwise, seems like a really fun and interesting way to make use of the barracks. And do what Identity couldn't do

@Patatoto piggybank on the rent idea, could you just apply to old code from the Power bill to function as rent?

4 hours ago, skimancole said:

on a real note, this housing should be meant to be temporary and have a “rent” instead of a one time purchase.

48 minutes ago, Kawaii said:

Both sound good, definitely would be good to have a rental feature on it.

I literally said that in the 3rd sentence…

6 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Instead of purchasing these "houses" normally you'd rent them instead. So it'd be more like a weekly payment for the house.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, skimancole said:

I’m already praying for the poor bastards that would have to APD raid a barracks building apartment full of a rat gang.