Add new Vehicles/Helicopters to Civilians/Medics

.Shy

I think it would be awesome if some new vehicles/helicopters would be added to the civ/medic side of the server that are not purchasable as of right now or are only purchasable by high-ranking Police Officers. By that, I mean vehicles such as these listed below.

- V-44X Blackfish (Infantry Transport) 
- Y-32 X'ian (Unarmed)
- CH-67 Huron (Unarmed)
- HEMTT (Ammo)
- HEMTT (Flatbed)
- HEMTT (Transport Covered)
- HEMTT (Cargo)
- HEMTT
- Tempest (Ammo)
- Tempest (Fuel)
- Tempest (Transport)
- Tempest (Transport Covered)
- Tempest (Repair)

These vehicles should have more inventory storage than others but should remain a respectable amount of money to buy.

Ebola and operatorjohnny^ like this

Yea, we'll see if they look into this instead of straight-up denying it. Personally think it would be a great idea to add these vehicles to civ/medic/cop, talked to multiple people about this and they agreed they would like to see this added as well.

i agree on the Blackfish and Xian those things are hard to shoot down and people can just use them to suicide bomb into buildings or players even if they are very expensive to buy 

Huron would be nice on civ to its not that hard to shoot down or disable it with 7.62 as for the HEMMT & Tempest ammo that is a big no cause people can just pull em out next to a 50 cal or qilin minigun and just have infinate ammo by just rearming on them so that's a big no 

Tempest Fuel & Transport is already been used by medics i wont mind the transport for civs but both the HEMMT & Tempest fuel and repair can become to OP in armored vehicles battles cause you can just set them up somewhere and keep repairing them in just a second and go back in the fighte but as for the just normal transport and trasport covered i wont see any problems adding them the only problems they can cause is to be used as road blocks or to block building entrances i seen it happen in the past 

Edited by Anthony Angel
.Shy likes this

Hard no on Xian/Black fish. Competent Xian pilot would replace every other heli hands down.
8b0db2ce9077e0333d9b38aebe3ecffa.gif

Not every faction needs to have every vehicle, IMO its nice to have 1-2 things that are civ/cop/medic only to differentiate the factions and reward the achievements/time spent for those factions

Medical Taru is AFD only
Tempest Covered/Fuel is AFD only
Ghosthawk/Huron is APD only.
Cargo Taru (Until very recently in a change that i heavily disagree with) was civ only and now is medic/civ only.
Bench Taru is civ only
Tempest Device is civ only

When everyone has everything nothing is special. The whole reason some of these vehicles are desired is the artificial scarcity.  Actually fly the ghosthawk for 5mins and you will be switching back to the Orca real quick. 

As for most of these. meh sure what do i care. Main reason most of them havn't been done already is they sometimes have weird interactions (IE Tempest repair can be used to repair other vehicles). Idk if its base arma or a script we have but sometimes the Ammo varients do weird things like reload an ifirit smokes or a 50cals gun. Ive never spent the time to investigate what is arma default/script and what can be disabled because at the end of the day its literally the same vehicle just looks a bit different
HEMTT (Ammo)
HEMTT (Flatbed)
HEMTT (Transport Covered)
HEMTT (Cargo)
HEMTT
Tempest (Ammo)
Tempest (Transport)
Tempest (Transport Covered)
Tempest (Repair)

46 minutes ago, Patato said:

Idk if its base arma or a script we have but sometimes the Ammo varients do weird things like reload an ifirit smokes or a 50cals gun. Ive never spent the time to investigate what is arma default/script and what can be disabled because at the end of the day its literally the same vehicle just looks a bit different
HEMTT (Ammo)
HEMTT (Flatbed)
HEMTT (Cargo)
HEMTT
Tempest (Ammo)
Tempest (Transport)
Tempest (Repair)

They are base arma scripts. 

Patato likes this
1 hour ago, Patato said:

Hard no on Xian/Black fish. If you can't figure out why it doesn't fit on our life server it means you have never actually used these vehicles and you just see them in the editor. Competent Xian pilot would replace every other heli hands down.
8b0db2ce9077e0333d9b38aebe3ecffa.gif

Not every faction needs to have every vehicle, IMO its nice to have 1-2 things that are civ/cop/medic only to differentiate the factions and reward the achievements/time spent for those factions

Medical Taru is AFD only
Tempest Covered/Fuel is AFD only
Ghosthawk/Huron is APD only.
Cargo Taru (Until very recently in a change that i heavily disagree with) was civ only and now is medic/civ only.
Bench Taru is civ only
Tempest Device is civ only

When everyone has everything nothing is special. The whole reason some of these vehicles are desired is the artificial scarcity.  Actually fly the ghosthawk for 5mins and you will be switching back to the Orca real quick. 

As for most of these. meh sure what do i care. Main reason most of them havn't been done already is they sometimes have weird interactions (IE Tempest repair can be used to repair other vehicles). Idk if its base arma or a script we have but sometimes the Ammo varients do weird things like reload an ifirit smokes or a 50cals gun. Ive never spent the time to investigate what is arma default/script and what can be disabled because at the end of the day its literally the same vehicle just looks a bit different
HEMTT (Ammo)
HEMTT (Flatbed)
HEMTT (Cargo)
HEMTT
Tempest (Ammo)
Tempest (Transport)
Tempest (Repair)

I think it would be fair to at least offer a trial period for ghosthawks and hurons (notate that they could be removed at any point/buy at your own risk) for rebel factions. I get the "desire cause of scarcity" but you have no ability to claim them so what's the point of making them exclusively to captains who are rarely on? It comes down to personal preference to each person whether they want to fly an orca, hawk, etc... Same thing applies to the 4-Five pistol. I mean this genuinely when I say when one opinion shouldn't dictate what could be a great addition to the server.

16 minutes ago, Ebola said:

I mean this genuinely when I say when one opinion shouldn't dictate what could be a great addition to the server.

idk where you get the idea that its a single voice. Surprisingly Developers can't run around doing w/e they want. Now that doesn't mean we need to go around consulting everyone on every tiny change. But everything is a team effort, if i do something that isn't liked Mitch/SA's/Other Devs easily have the ability to be grown adults and have a discussion or just outright stop me without a word. Admins/Captains/Community Council/Chiefs all have direct lines of communication to talk directly to the people who could put a stop to a dev doing some dumb shit. If the people above me really had a burning passion for any of the suggestions ive denied they can easily make it known and tell me its happening. Ive personally edited code or made changes i dont agree with but did so because i respect the team and the decisions made.

As you will notice this idea has not been moved to denied as it has not been discussed with any of the appropriate people. ive just left my thoughts - which is what people wanted more dev/player interaction and disscussion.

11 minutes ago, Patato said:

idk where you get the idea that its a single voice. Surprisingly Developers can't run around doing w/e they want. Now that doesn't mean we need to go around consulting everyone on every tiny change. But everything is a team effort, if i do something that isn't liked Mitch/SA's/Other Devs easily have the ability to be grown adults and have a discussion or just outright stop me without a word. Admins/Captains/Community Council/Chiefs all have direct lines of communication to talk directly to the people who could put a stop to a dev doing some dumb shit. If the people above me really had a burning passion for any of the suggestions ive denied they can easily make it known and tell me its happening. Ive personally edited code or made changes i dont agree with but did so because i respect the team and the decisions made.

As you will notice this idea has not been moved to denied as it has not been discussed with any of the appropriate people. ive just left my thoughts - which is what people wanted more dev/player interaction and disscussion.

I know I wasn't saying it in a negative way.  I was referring to this line maybe it was misinterpreted. "Not every faction needs to have every vehicle, IMO its nice to have 1-2 things that are civ/cop/medic only to differentiate the factions and reward the achievements/time spent for those factions."

1 minute ago, Ebola said:

I know I wasn't saying it in a negative way.  I was referring to this line maybe it was misinterpreted. "Not every faction needs to have every vehicle, IMO its nice to have 1-2 things that are civ/cop/medic only to differentiate the factions and reward the achievements/time spent for those factions."

Not sure how else im supposed to read

I mean this genuinely when I say when one opinion shouldn't dictate what could be a great addition to the server.