Please for the love of god wipe the server

Server Wipe  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Should the server be wiped

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Remove passive money making

Agreed. Scotch was the best and most balanced passive income. Having to process it to make it 25 year and actually worth selling was the best option and it should be the only semi-passive method to remain on the server. Remove bud & LSD Sheets. Instead make those have to be processed at the designated locations not at the drug dealer....

John Irish and Sheriff Rick like this
1 hour ago, KPD Captain Brandice said:

6a4.png

"If you're not constantly running meta by joining a zerg gang and sweating feds/cartels/camping red zones then you aren't playing Asylum right and you have no opinion. Everyone should be playing the server the same way I do or you're a fucking retard"

I think a life server is intended for player to player interaction

No one said anything about a zerg gang just once upon a time gang wars were actually a think where people would roll in groups and it wasnt as simple as playing solo if u wanted to. after all it is a GANG life server. go play minecraft if u wanna play solo or with ur duo and have some fun fingering eachother in ur house. Set up a nice little realm buddy ! ! ! !

no one said anything about sweating feds or cartels either
as mentioned before it is a gang server, gangs control areas fight etc. you can goto athira/pyrgos and nothing is happening most of the time now.
people should be ratting in cities, making money, going into red zones, fighting cartels, doing events as theyre in the game for a reason, fucking with cops, bounty hunting and more
obviously theres room in the game for people to do more roleplaying aspects but everyone knows this isnt a roleplay heavy server so its quite obvious how the server is intended to be played.

KEEP ROLEPLAYING KAVALA POLICE DEPARTMENT AND MAKING GRAPHICS THAT ONLY URSELF LAUGHS ABOUT

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Just save the database in a new folder on your desktop and wipe. If it doesn’t work and the server dies CTRL C + CTRL V the data base back. lol

Its basically a guarantee it will work for an interim amount of time. By wiping you will see an increase of players. Just depends on how long that initial rush lasts for. Say it goes well for 1-2 months then the server pop dies because the initial excitement is over and all the good housing is gobbled up. sure you can restore but except now you have lost a considerable base of players who have moved on to other games. You may get some people back with a restore but you will alienate the people who grinded/got ahead in those 1-2months. Now you are facing wiping 1-2 months of work to restore the previous years. And merging the two DB's is not really practical. Also no guarantee those players ever come back.

Wiping is a Gamble, Once the cards are dealt you can't take your bet back. Its all or nothing

We still have people come around here thinking Paratas owns the place and demanding money. The vast majority of people never read patch notes & never visit the forums. They will log in to see their shit is gone one day and never look back. 

Ill also put it another way
If you wipe Asylum. How are we different from any of the other life server starting out at square 0? how many people are going to go to Olympus because they have investment there and dont want to start again on Asylum.

The only way i would support any form of wipe is if we did a 2nd server that wasn't hooked up the main DB (Essentially a fresh server) but i can bet it would fail. (As much as i would love a Malden/Livonia life server with no heli's completely separated from main)

Crossfade, Sandwich, Kawaii and 3 others like this

i think the wipe would have to be done properly. 

i am one hundred percent behind wiping the server. i think it would bring in alot of new/returning blood. some people would rage quit but fuck em. I havnt read through the whole thread but some things that need to be considered if we do this. 

1. Houses. We're gonna need to find a way to stop one gang taking a monopoly on all the best houses out there quickly. Maybe have a house cap of 2 houses initially for a month or so. 

2. If you're gonna wipe, bring a big content change with it. Give extra content for people to do different things. 
-quests
-rebalance money making (diamond drop rate is diablolical)
-new shit to do

3.  GET RID OF PEOPLE MAKING MONEY PASSIVELY FROM HOUSES. SCOTCH, WEED ALL OF IT. there is a severe lack of people out and about making money the "traditional" way that drives player interaction. Get rid of the ability to make money passively like that. ALL OF IT IS A PROBLEM.

Domination is dead. 

MysticLion, Crossfade and Sandwich like this
18 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

i think the wipe would have to be done properly. 

i am one hundred percent behind wiping the server. i think it would bring in alot of new/returning blood. some people would rage quit but fuck em. I havnt read through the whole thread but some things that need to be considered if we do this. 

1. Houses. We're gonna need to find a way to stop one gang taking a monopoly on all the best houses out there quickly. Maybe have a house cap of 2 houses initially for a month or so. 

2. If you're gonna wipe, bring a big content change with it. Give extra content for people to do different things. 
-quests
-rebalance money making (diamond drop rate is diablolical)
-new shit to do

3.  GET RID OF PEOPLE MAKING MONEY PASSIVELY FROM HOUSES. SCOTCH, WEED ALL OF IT. there is a severe lack of people out and about making money the "traditional" way that drives player interaction. Get rid of the ability to make money passively like that. ALL OF IT IS A PROBLEM.

Domination is dead. 

+1

5 hours ago, Patato said:

The only way i would support any form of wipe is if we did a 2nd server that wasn't hooked up the main DB (Essentially a fresh server) but i can bet it would fail. (As much as i would love a Malden/Livonia life server with no heli's completely separated from main)

a Malden or Stratis life would be a great alternative to a new start. 

12 hours ago, Patato said:

它基本上保证它会在临时时间内工作。通过擦拭你会看到玩家的增加。只取决于最初的匆忙持续多长时间。假设它运行良好 1-2 个月,然后服务器流行就死了,因为最初的兴奋已经结束,所有好的住房都被吞噬了。当然你可以恢复,但除了现在你已经失去了相当多的玩家,他们已经转向其他游戏。你可能会让一些人恢复原状,但你会疏远那些在这 1-2 个月内磨练/取得成功的人。现在你面临着擦1-2个月的工作来恢复往年。合并两个数据库并不是很实际。也不能保证那些球员永远回来。

擦拭是一场赌博,一旦发牌,您就无法收回您的赌注。全有或全无

我们仍然有一些人来到这里,认为 Paratas 拥有这个地方并要钱。绝大多数人从不阅读补丁说明,也从不访问论坛。他们将登录以看到他们的狗屎有一天消失了,并且永不回头。  如果你擦拭庇护,我

也会换一种说法。
我们与从 0 格开始的任何其他生命服务器有何不同?有多少人会去奥林巴斯,因为他们在那里有投资,不想在庇护重新开始。

我支持任何形式的擦除的唯一方法是,如果我们做的第二台服务器没有连接到主数据库(本质上是一个新的服务器),但我敢打赌它会失败。(尽管我很喜欢没有直升机的 Malden/Livonia 生活服务器与主服务器完全分离)

Comments: if you think carefully and have a long-term view, you can be long-term. You are a good administrator.

Sheriff Rick likes this
17 minutes ago, Vulpes Inculta said:

LSD Is slowest passive money on the game since 25 sheets per restart update. Plus you still have to gather and process just like anything else.

Bruh LSD made insane money let's be real.  Buds and LSD were terrible for the game.  Scotch is the only one that is somewhat balanced

Although it is much easier said then done, an extremely enticing money sink would be viable. When I think about it though a large reason that this may be a problem is the lack of cops playing. Every time I have played in the last few months there has been less then 6 or 7 cops playing during prime time. No matter how much they want to balance the economy the cops need to have enough presence to at the very least slow down the drug runs for people. Cops might not like to hear it this way, but they are a game mechanic in the same way that rebels are. You can't retain 1 with out the other in the long term.

That being said I don't know how to make the game more desirable for police, but perhaps that's something worth looking at more thoroughly.

Master27411 and Sandwich like this

+1 To a server wipe. I stopped playing because I had too much money and just spent it in the millions doing dumb stuff, but it got old quickly. At this point, it's like playing a game with cheat codes. When the novelty wears off, it's boring. With a wipe, say you lose 10% of players, but you may also gain close to 10% back. Either way, it will make people play in more interesting ways. 

On 5/13/2022 at 10:11 PM, Steve said:

Although it is much easier said then done, an extremely enticing money sink would be viable. When I think about it though a large reason that this may be a problem is the lack of cops playing. Every time I have played in the last few months there has been less then 6 or 7 cops playing during prime time. No matter how much they want to balance the economy the cops need to have enough presence to at the very least slow down the drug runs for people. Cops might not like to hear it this way, but they are a game mechanic in the same way that rebels are. You can't retain 1 with out the other in the long term.

That being said I don't know how to make the game more desirable for police, but perhaps that's something worth looking at more thoroughly.

If money making from houses was removed youd see more cops on as it would force people to go back into the red zones atm every single place on the map is empty 24/7 because of people making money from theyre houses

• 4 weeks later...

As a kind of new player to asylum, I like the idea of a separate fresh start server. I think this is the best middle ground for the above arguments that have been made. However there may not be a population to support such a thing as also suggested above. So are we okay with the server be split in half or worse with one server having a majority of the population? 

There are really a couple different kinds of players on the server. 

1: The type of player that is either a completionist or someone that hordes money/items long term. Probably wanting the largest bounty, most money, tons of houses, weapons, etc. Essentially competing to be the best by having the most.

2: The type of player that loves the grind/struggle only to obtain wealth, items, and power as a show of their successes.

3: The combatant type.. Player that seeks the resources really only to engage in fights.

Obviously there are probably more "types" and most likely players fit into multiple categories or love a little of each. But my point is a new server will probably appeal to types 2 and 3. They would fit in great with a new, fresh server. Along with new players as well. However type 1 probably would either be unmotivated to start anew and either would quit/stay on the old server that was not wiped.  I definitely feel that new players often don't want to stay long but I can't say that for certain other than my own experiences amongst people I have talked to or friends. There are not that many houses available to be honest which is discouraging in general. Plus when doing drug runs or other activities it doesn't seem as combative as it once was.  So either try the fresh start server or maybe the following suggestions could solve some of the issues:

I suggest adding a progressive tax to housing. The more houses one has the higher percentage of tax rather than putting a cap on housing. This may help take money out of the economy or open up some houses for new players/players that don't have any houses.

Removing some of the passive effects of the current passive income methods may make the server more interactive and bring that combativeness.   By this I mean just making the current methods for making money through a house require more steps/investment.

Finally I suggest adding a insurance to certain basic vehicles you find in the basic shop. The ones every player can purchase essentially when they start. So exclude trucks/air vehicles/armored or rebel vehicles. This could also help the new players a bit. 

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully I added some good input or suggestions to this thread if not please ignore.  

Just my opinions and my perspective.

• 3 months later...