Developer & Designer Applications [Open]

Hey all,

So currently the development team is looking for some additional help. We are in need of people for various specialized positions.

Positions Available:

• Graphics Designer - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time
  • SQF Developer - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time
  • Map Designer - 1 Position open at this time
  • Economist - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time

Description of Positions

• Graphics Designer:
    • The role of the graphic designer is to support the other positions (web/content/map) by creating graphics not limited to but mainly textures/icons/images. These graphics could be displayed on the website, in-game on billboards, or used on new textures for vehicles. The content created is to be of quality and should show that thought and effort was put in to the work.
  • Map Designer:
    • The role of the map designer is to support the on-going in-game development of the content developers and creating new map areas or modifying requested portions of the map from either the developers or from upper server management. You could be creating totally new areas on the map for a new server event, new runs, or new objectives. You could also just be making slight adjustments to object orientations and helping perfect object placement on the map and such.
  • SQF Developer:
    • Developers are going to be primarily working on new in-game content, bug fixes, exploit resolutions, etc. This role is relatively self explanatory I feel...
  • Web Developer:
    • The role of the web developer will be to create or modify existing web applications and features. This could include modification of forum configurations, content, and flow. This will also involve the creating, updating, and maintaining of various systems such as admin control panels for in-game content management systems.
  • Economist:
    • Works closely with SQF Developers to set in-game prices/storage/rewards. Duties would include generating economic reports based on given server logs. knowledge of google sheets/excel, finance and statistics are valued as well. We are looking for someone who can interpret data and come to monthly meetings and discuss desired changes. 

Position Requirements:

• ALL POSITIONS:
    • Must be at least 18 years old at time of applying.
    • Must have work examples or proof of knowledge for the position you are applying for.
    • Must have the ability to required software/programs to do the role.
    • Must not be completely brain-dead and have the ability to comprehend given tasks and ask semi-intelligent questions if help is required with your task.
      • If I can find the answer on Google in 5 seconds... it's a stupid question
    • Ability to use TeamSpeak as primary method of communication and Discord as a secondary.
    • Ability to tolerate my mood swings and not take the mean things I say occasionally to heart.
    • Ability to self improve based off of criticism.

• Graphics Designer:
    • Access to Photoshop or another content creation tool.
    • Working knowledge of TexView 2 (to convert images to .paa for A3) is an asset.
  • Map Designer:
    • Knowledge of how to use the Arma 3 Map Editor.
    • Level Design, World generation also an asset
  • SQF Developer:
    • Adequate knowledge of SQF.
    • At least some knowledge of version control systems such as git.
    • Can at least make it by in the Arma 3 Map Editor.
    • Thick skin.
  • Web Developer:
    • Working knowledge of any of the following PHP/HTML/CSS
    • Knowledge of version control systems such as git.
    • Knowledge of common web related exploits and vulnerabilites such as XSS, CSRF, etc.
  • Economist:
    • Post Secondary Finance/Statistic/Economy
    • Knowledge of Google Docs/Excel
    • Must be able to work in a team environment, communicate ideas and suggestions
    • Audit skills are also an asset (To aid in the finding of dupers/scripters) 

How to Apply:

1. Go here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/support/
  2. Select Dev/Design Application from the department dropdown
  3. Fill out the fields
    1. In the large text field at the bottom please include some information about yourself, any supporting work, and anything you feel we should know about you or your skills that could help us.
  4. Submit the form once completed to the best of your ability.
  5. Drink a warm cup of milk or something...
  6. Watch your support request for follow-up questions or decision on your application.

skimancole, Panda, Vash and 3 others like this
6 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Sorry server is getting region locked soon.

You're just a noob, because you can't beat Chinese players to discriminate against us hahahahahaha.

Why did your gang disband bro? Was it because I beat you away in drug carter?

Any Chinese player is better than you. Please remember, you are always talking about our ping. If I have the same ping as you, you won't even have a chance to fire at me, hahahaha.

What can you do except discriminate against China, bro? You have never been to China. How can you know what China is like? You are just brainwashed by the American media.

I hate racists. Don't talk about racist remarks in front of me, I'll get angry.

I don't want to say anything to you. No matter how much I say, you will continue to insult China like an idiot. If you have been to China, you will never do that.

10 hours ago, phoenix. said:

You're just a noob, because you can't beat Chinese players to discriminate against us hahahahahaha.

Why did your gang disband bro? Was it because I beat you away in drug carter?

Any Chinese player is better than you. Please remember, you are always talking about our ping. If I have the same ping as you, you won't even have a chance to fire at me, hahahaha.

What can you do except discriminate against China, bro? You have never been to China. How can you know what China is like? You are just brainwashed by the American media.

I hate racists. Don't talk about racist remarks in front of me, I'll get angry.

I don't want to say anything to you. No matter how much I say, you will continue to insult China like an idiot. If you have been to China, you will never do that.

u rlly got rattled pheonix!

To wrap it all up, it is not possible to be a 'good' programmer and a 'good graphic designer at the same time. This is because in one's lifetime, one cannot master both of them in limited time span. Yes, one can be both programmer and a graphic design but he is not going to be good at both of them.

2 hours ago, bracepil57 said:

To wrap it all up, it is not possible to be a 'good' programmer and a 'good graphic designer at the same time. This is because in one's lifetime, one cannot master both of them in limited time span. Yes, one can be both programmer and a graphic design but he is not going to be good at both of them.

skill issue

3 hours ago, bracepil57 said:

Thats why i'm just bad at both.
ez

MoLu. and Ronald like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Asylum is a good server, but it is going downhill. Although it is a North American server, it should absorb the opinions of players in other regions, including the Chinese. When the Chinese put forward their opinions, many would say that it was our Ping problem, or that they would give us a regional ban. If a community is not inclusive, failure is inevitable. Ping, I admit it exists occasionally, but the o server does a good job. It optimizes this very well. There is no data synchronization in the player's home. Economy, do not make money from houses and hang ups, but make money dynamically. It's too easy to make money now. Look forward to the improvement of asylum.

Edited by manhua
10 minutes ago, manhua said:

Asylum is a good server, but it is going downhill. Although it is a North American server, it should absorb the opinions of players in other regions, including the Chinese. When the Chinese put forward their opinions, many would say that it was our Ping problem, or that they would give us a regional ban. If a community is not inclusive, failure is inevitable. Ping, I admit it exists occasionally, but the o server does a good job. It optimizes this very well. There is no data synchronization in the player's home. Economy, do not make money from houses and hang ups, but make money dynamically. It's too easy to make money now. Look forward to the improvement of asylum.

They are looking for developers and designers, not your opinion of the server 😅

On 5/13/2022 at 6:07 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hey all,

So currently the development team is looking for some additional help. We are in need of people for various specialized positions.

Positions Available:

• Graphics Designer - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time
  • SQF Developer - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time
  • Map Designer - 1 Position open at this time
  • Economist - 1 or 2 Position(s) available at this time

Description of Positions

• Graphics Designer:
    • The role of the graphic designer is to support the other positions (web/content/map) by creating graphics not limited to but mainly textures/icons/images. These graphics could be displayed on the website, in-game on billboards, or used on new textures for vehicles. The content created is to be of quality and should show that thought and effort was put in to the work.
  • Map Designer:
    • The role of the map designer is to support the on-going in-game development of the content developers and creating new map areas or modifying requested portions of the map from either the developers or from upper server management. You could be creating totally new areas on the map for a new server event, new runs, or new objectives. You could also just be making slight adjustments to object orientations and helping perfect object placement on the map and such.
  • SQF Developer:
    • Developers are going to be primarily working on new in-game content, bug fixes, exploit resolutions, etc. This role is relatively self explanatory I feel...
  • Web Developer:
    • The role of the web developer will be to create or modify existing web applications and features. This could include modification of forum configurations, content, and flow. This will also involve the creating, updating, and maintaining of various systems such as admin control panels for in-game content management systems.
  • Economist:
    • Works closely with SQF Developers to set in-game prices/storage/rewards. Duties would include generating economic reports based on given server logs. knowledge of google sheets/excel, finance and statistics are valued as well. We are looking for someone who can interpret data and come to monthly meetings and discuss desired changes. 

Position Requirements:

• ALL POSITIONS:
    • Must be at least 18 years old at time of applying.
    • Must have work examples or proof of knowledge for the position you are applying for.
    • Must have the ability to required software/programs to do the role.
    • Must not be completely brain-dead and have the ability to comprehend given tasks and ask semi-intelligent questions if help is required with your task.
      • If I can find the answer on Google in 5 seconds... it's a stupid question
    • Ability to use TeamSpeak as primary method of communication and Discord as a secondary.
    • Ability to tolerate my mood swings and not take the mean things I say occasionally to heart.
    • Ability to self improve based off of criticism.

• Graphics Designer:
    • Access to Photoshop or another content creation tool.
    • Working knowledge of TexView 2 (to convert images to .paa for A3) is an asset.
  • Map Designer:
    • Knowledge of how to use the Arma 3 Map Editor.
    • Level Design, World generation also an asset
  • SQF Developer:
    • Adequate knowledge of SQF.
    • At least some knowledge of version control systems such as git.
    • Can at least make it by in the Arma 3 Map Editor.
    • Thick skin.
  • Web Developer:
    • Working knowledge of any of the following PHP/HTML/CSS
    • Knowledge of version control systems such as git.
    • Knowledge of common web related exploits and vulnerabilites such as XSS, CSRF, etc.
  • Economist:
    • Post Secondary Finance/Statistic/Economy
    • Knowledge of Google Docs/Excel
    • Must be able to work in a team environment, communicate ideas and suggestions
    • Audit skills are also an asset (To aid in the finding of dupers/scripters) 

How to Apply:

1. Go here: http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/support/
  2. Select Dev/Design Application from the department dropdown
  3. Fill out the fields
    1. In the large text field at the bottom please include some information about yourself, any supporting work, and anything you feel we should know about you or your skills that could help us.
  4. Submit the form once completed to the best of your ability.
  5. Drink a warm cup of milk or something...
  6. Watch your support request for follow-up questions or decision on your application.

Applied 😳

OGwAng, BLOTTER, Panda and 1 other like this