ARMA Reforger Asylum Server

Sandwich

I'm sure this is an idea in some way already, but if possible we should try making a Reforger Asylum server as soon as possible. As someone who understands marketing quite a bit now since that's a big part of my career, being one of the first ones to place your foot in the door in something is a huge advantage. I'd absolutely love to see this community thriving in numbers like it used to and with new game, that could be a massive reality. 

Again, I'm sure there would be so much work into doing something like that, but having a very basic server at first would be great. There will be a huge wave of popularity revolving around the game for about 1-2 months until the peak starts to move down with the eyes on the game. That time frame is obviously when you want to try to get as much out of it as possible. That being said, getting people from Reforger would also trickle to A3 and the main server. It would arguably be a necessary leap of efforts for the likely future betterment of the servers longevity overall and a great first leap into the future of Asylum for Arma 4 down the line. 

I can guarantee others will have pop up servers and will successfully take advantage, so if Asylum can figure that out and execute it before they do, we're in the lead. As much as it isn't a competition, it really is at the end of the day. Business is business 🙏

Really hoping that can happen and if it does, we'll do our best to help populate servers and spread the word!

Edit: 
Looking into the map and game further after almost a day and speaking to a handful of others, this map has quite a bit of potential. The different buildings, furnished insides, etc. Saint-Philippe is big enough to be the Kavala of the map. With many other town areas, and even another 2 quite big towns (Saint-Pierre and Lamentin) there's loads of potential for a 60-80 person life server. Once mods come rolling in that help with skins, clothes, UI, weapons, systems, etc - this will be amazing. This is the next big push for Asylum in mine and many others opinions. Really looking forward to what the future holds. So much opportunity. 

Edited by Sandwich
1 minute ago, Michael L said:

XBOX gamers on asylum incoming

Genuinely would be great for Asylum to consider branching out to some extent. New community to dip into?

Right now it looks like it wouldn't be the BEST life rp server type situation, but having some sort of basic base server that has basic stepping stones to that kind of system would be a great at first. I'm hoping they'd add more vehicles and other things moving forward to the game so it would make life easier for Devs and enable more possibilities for life rp. 

I can guarantee others will have pop up servers and successfully take advantage, so if Asylum can figure that out and execute it before they do, we're in the lead. As much as it isnt a competition, it really is at the end of the day. 

14 minutes ago, Ebola said:

I was just watching the trailer, is there going to be an ability to make life servers or is it all just dedicated servers for Co-Op and PVP? 

Workshop support, mods automatically install when you join a server so we can actually have mods and shit to make a dope life server without discriminating parts of the player base who don’t want to install mod packs

Edited by 王 rando 王
Typo
Sandwich, Ebola and Jr4life24 like this
20 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

Workshop support, mods automatically install when you join a server so we can actually have mods and shit to make a dope life server without discriminating parts of the player base who don’t want to install mod packs

That's amazing to hear. If Asylum is able to hop on that ASAP they can take massive advantage of that. I really hope to see some dope stuff soon! I think Gen. Henry mentioned in the discord they're already working on a life server. Super excited for that.

19 minutes ago, abdul karim azeem said:

not to be rude, but other servers with devs with more incentives will be more likely to seize this idea. as u said this is a fresh market and being the first means a lot in the grand scheme. bit optimistic but would be cool if possible

I see where you're coming from, but I haven't been around in ages so cant comment fully with confidence. I hope there still is a spark. From what I've heard, it seems a life server is already in the works - but if this happens and is executed properly, this could be THE spark to ignite things within the entire community. If a Reforger server pops off and is able to be maintained, it could boom the entire community like I've mentioned previously. Most people that have Reforger will have A3, and if they like our Reforger server a % of that community would likely try out our A3 server, etc etc. It would be a very nice snowball effect that could make way for quite a handful of new faces in the community -> again leading to a nice boom for us, moving Asylum to even more of the face of (vanilla) life RP

Sure, can someone do me a favor and build a life framework first?
Perhaps a extDB would be a good start as we don't even have a hook into Database like Dayz does. We have to make our own.

SQF is entirely useless now. Luckily the new language seems reasonable from what ive seen.

It doesn't take a marketing genius to know sooner is better.
But you're asking for a lego set before we even know what the building blocks are.
Its also a Tuesday. Not like anyone got advanced warning of release to take time off work.

34 minutes ago, Patato said:

Perhaps a extDB would be a good start as we don't even have a hook into Database like Dayz does. We have to make our own.

SQF is entirely useless now. Luckily the new language seems reasonable from what ive seen.

But you're asking for a lego set before we even know what the building blocks are.
Its also a Tuesday. Not like anyone got advanced warning of release to take time off work.

hey what are you doing making forum posts, get to work making our new server!

miracle on 34th street christmas movies GIF

3 hours ago, Patato said:

Just start a server with vanilla game modes for name recognition

Ofcourse we will be looking into getting asylum to reforger as soon as possible, but as of right now I do not see that happening anytime soon. Reforger is only a paid tech demo in a way and documentation is far from existant as of right now. Ofcourse there is autocomplete and syntax highlighting in the editor that can bring you a long way but its far from being great to develop an entire life framework on it.

Sandwich, Patato and Innate like this