More Talents and More Talent Points

Trioxide

For every regular player, game progression stagnates. The game is still fun, but there is no progression. One way many games (KOTH for example) fix this is by adding levels. Players gain XP and level up. Asylum doesn’t have this, but it has something that could be made just as good. The talent system has not been touched for a long time. Right now, talent points are completely obsolete. Almost every player, excepting those who have played very little, has max talent points. They occasionally adjust which talents they have to do different things, but the actual number of talent points doesn’t matter because it is always the same. Imagine if the number of talents and talent points were doubled or tripled, and XP was made more challenging to gain. This wouldn’t hurt anyone, and it would give everyone yet another aspect of the game to enjoy; some actual, straight progression. There are already many ideas for new talents. People have discussed adding a GPS and binoculars to the Night Eyes talent. I say adding two whole new talents for them, and making it a little tree.

Here are some of my ideas for new talents:

- Spawn with debit card (add debit card back to ATMs

- Less likely to develop drug addictions / happens slower

- 5 second shorter respawn delay

- 5% chance to spawn with a rook when you spawn in a city (this would be the top of the Night Eyes talent tree I mentioned)

- Hunters spawn with smoke shells

- Your vehicles are harder to lockpick

austin273 likes this
3 hours ago, Alshiq Fatarra said:

None of this makes any sense imo

My suggestions for new talents may be bad, but I don’t see anything wrong with the idea of adding more.

5 hours ago, Don Julio said:

Last time i checked debit cards were free for everyone?

It was just an example. I was saying to change that and require a talent to spawn with them.

The talent tree was already condensed heavily and more talent points were given.
You arn't meant to have every single talent point at one time.

Spawn with debit card (add debit card back to ATMs

On civ you already spawn with a debit card and this is no longer a donator perk(Thanks bohemia)
Debit cards are free at ATM's? (Should you put yours in a car or somehow bug)
On cop/medic your virtual inventory saves so you should only have to buy it once for free at your HQ should you lose it.

Less likely to develop drug addictions / happens slower

Sure i don't really care its not like a ton of people are running around inhaling drugs anyways. very few people use cocaine/anti sway drugs.

5 second shorter respawn delay

Ultimately not the biggest change in the world so I'm not giving it a hard no. I'm not going to throw a fit if another dev decides to add this. but its not something i'm going to add to the server myself. i just don't care about respawning 15% faster. Ultimately you are just advantaging players with good houses. Kavala is slightly harder for constables fighting certain gang. Noobs are going to get camped harder by players with coke pro houses. Those who have the best gang fort houses are getting back 5s sooner. Suiciding to attack athira HQ is 5s quicker. The rest of the time its going to be entirely negligible. 

- 5% chance to spawn with a rook when you spawn in a city (this would be the top of the Night Eyes talent tree I mentioned)

Feels like needless bloat and was the exact type of talent we removed when the list was reduced. It might come in handy the 1/20 times you respawn at donor and get a lucky kill on a BH/rook bang someone at rebel. Or make it so you don't have to walk the extra 5 feet to gun store in a city if you're a pistol banger. 

Your vehicles are harder to lockpick

Id prefer this to be a vehicle upgrade like the suspension/handling instead of being blanketly used by everyone. 

Trioxide and Bob Danaloo like this
11 hours ago, Patato said:

You arn't meant to have every single talent point at one time.

Yeah, I agree with that. I wasn't suggesting the proportion of max talent points and total talents change.

11 hours ago, Patato said:

On civ you already spawn with a debit card and this is no longer a donator perk(Thanks bohemia)
Debit cards are free at ATM's? (Should you put yours in a car or somehow bug)

Yeah I know, but I was suggesting removing the spawning with debit card feature and requiring a talent for it. The talent would be convenient to not have to make an extra trip to an ATM when spawning.

My point isn't that these specific talents need to be added. It's that more talents would be better, and it's really easy to think of new ones to add.

Edited by Piter De Vries
5 hours ago, Piter De Vries said:

Yeah I know, but I was suggesting removing the spawning with debit card feature and requiring a talent for it. The talent would be convenient to not have to make an extra trip to an ATM when spawning.

So you want me to spend my time taking away a QOL thing. To then put a talent in the game to re-add that exact QOL thing but it costs them a talent point and bloats the list needlessly?

4 hours ago, Patato said:

So you want me to spend my time taking away a QOL thing. To then put a talent in the game to re-add that exact QOL thing but it costs them a talent point and bloats the list needlessly?

There's lots of talents that already do this, such as the ones that you require to lockpick helicopters and mraps.