Expand the "seize vehicle contents into evidence" zones

Vhantom

I feel like if I have made it back to an HQ I should be able to start the vehicle seize process anywhere in an HQ. Right now you have to always hug the walls of the main building to get the option and it's often a pain in the ass.

Possibly extent this to being able to seize player items (I think that is separate) and send to jail anywhere in HQ too. Trying to process everyone jam packed next to everyone else gets so loud and hard to hear. It's an HQ, why can't I use all of it?

45 minutes ago, Patato said:

Pretty sure the seize thingy is the exact same per HQ. which means Athira's is the same size as pyrgos which is less than ideal.
I think @Gen. Henry ArnoldChanged it at some point because cops wern't even going to the HQ, they were sitting outside HQ seizing thru walls. He also added the seize timer in the same patch.

Is there a way to offset the circle? I assume it’s just based off the cop shop, and obviously increasing the range would as you said negatively affect athira hq and Sofia hq.

On 6/6/2022 at 3:22 PM, Patato said:

Pretty sure the seize thingy is the exact same per HQ. which means Athira's is the same size as pyrgos which is less than ideal.
I think @Gen. Henry ArnoldChanged it at some point because cops wern't even going to the HQ, they were sitting outside HQ seizing thru walls. He also added the seize timer in the same patch.

Correct yet incorrect.

I eventually changed it to be a settable polygon so we can exactly decide where you can seize and where not because using a circle around a mapmarker is dumb so now we draw a polygon and within there you can seize. In my opinion you should be able to seize / send to jail in the entirety of the HQ which should be a viable option but probably an unpopulair opinion

24 minutes ago, Austin M said:

Guide book says we can seize illegal vehicles while in combat if we are in Hq. 

That’s kinda lame, shouldn’t be a thing. If you’re in hq you’re basically in a walled off area in which you can respawn there with a kit instantly. Should be made to where you’d have to defend it in hq since you already have the advantage

30 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

That’s kinda lame, shouldn’t be a thing. If you’re in hq you’re basically in a walled off area in which you can respawn there with a kit instantly. Should be made to where you’d have to defend it in hq since you already have the advantage

If this wasn’t in place the thing would never get seized. Since technically all you’d have to do is shoot into hq at us periodically and it’d just sit there.

16 minutes ago, Austin M said:

If this wasn’t in place the thing would never get seized. Since technically all you’d have to do is shoot into hq at us periodically and it’d just sit there.

So then you send a cop to go get the guy shooting at it? I don’t see how this is a problem. Or you just move the vehicle to somewhere they wouldn’t have an angle. And most HQs are pretty walled off.

5 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

So then you send a cop to go get the guy shooting at it? I don’t see how this is a problem. Or you just move the vehicle to somewhere they wouldn’t have an angle. And most HQs are pretty walled off.

Unless an Lt is on we can’t drive the vehicle.

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

Doesn’t say you can seize illegal goods while in combat in hq now does it?

From the APD Guidebook - Processing > Seizing --

An area must be deemed "All Clear" by the highest ranking officer on the scene before any vehicles can be impounded or seized. However vehicles may be seized in combat if you are at the HQ. You may search/seize contraband from a player or vehicle at any time or place, even if in combat

Haven't you been a cop for a while now? You should know you can seize illegal items/contraband at ANY point or time...

Futurama Writing GIF by HULU

1 minute ago, skimancole said:

From the APD Guidebook - Processing > Seizing --

An area must be deemed "All Clear" by the highest ranking officer on the scene before any vehicles can be impounded or seized. However vehicles may be seized in combat if you are at the HQ. You may search/seize contraband from a player or vehicle at any time or place, even if in combat

Haven't you been a cop for a while now? You should know you can seize illegal items/contraband at ANY point or time...

Futurama Writing GIF by HULU

I don't main cop mr ski man cole and I only remember the parts that are required to pass the RA 🙂