New tax system / $ Sink

Sgt_kupcake

I was reading the April patch notes and saw a global discount for having 10M+ I was wondering why there is a discount instead of an increase in taxes??? I think the more money you have the more you should get taxed, and it would be added on additionally to how the governor can change taxes in game?

I know this will not be a popular post because of older players having massive amounts of money and not wanting to lose it, however I see this as a better gold sink and idea than a server restart.

Trioxide likes this
10 hours ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

I know this will not be a popular post because of older players having massive amounts of money and not wanting to lose it

I’m an older player with a massive amount of money, and I agree. I think there should be much less money on the server in general. Leroy Jenkins somehow gets himself another 100M every few months. It should be difficult to become and stay rich; the game would be more fun.

Vash likes this
14 hours ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

I was reading the April patch notes and saw a global discount for having 10M+ I was wondering why there is a discount instead of an increase in taxes??? I think the more money you have the more you should get taxed, and it would be added on additionally to how the governor can change taxes in game?

I know this will not be a popular post because of older players having massive amounts of money and not wanting to lose it, however I see this as a better gold sink and idea than a server restart.

Welp I know who you voted for this past election.....where is @Liberal Tears when we need him

Liberal Tears likes this
5 hours ago, Ebola said:
19 hours ago, Sgt_kupcake said:

Welp I know who you voted for this past election.....where is @Liberal Tears when we need him

wait so you don't even support flat tax rates??

Edited by Piter De Vries

The 2% is such a small amount at this point its really not a big deal. RP wise ive always just considered it as interest on a savings account. If you take the example of richest player in the game he would really only utilize this when he has to buy yeast.  Additionally the 2% actually acts like a soft money sink as players will not want to drop below 10mil and lose the perk. If you take that away suddenly you are freeing up tons of capital as their is no longer a benefit to being above 10mil. 

We are never going to do income brackets/punish players for having money.

• Its hard enough to find scripted/Duped/Arrest shared money. I dont need to wade through 1000s of players hiding money on alt accounts while looking for it
  • Imagine banning someone because they put money on an alt account. Id rather a player on the server than whatever microscopic advantage to the economy this gives.
  • Players will hide money in a gang account to evade, Again im never going to ban someone for putting money in a gang bank account. So now what? i have to put a max on the gang account? You are also just opening people up to even more gang bank robbery's/unnecessary frustration while playing the game.

Then the obvious answer to two of those points above is just "Dont ban people for evading taxes". Great so now a pre-requisite to the server is that you need to buy an alt account to be successful? Atleast our unique logins will go up i guess :P