Graphic card

Hiva00

For Arma 3 and for a bit of future proofing you probably want something at or above the performance level of a 1080ti (IMO, currently running a 1080ti). As for picking a card you'll just have to look at generational changes and decide what features you want (like RTX support). From there find what fits your budget.

Check out this image from Tom's Hardware for some benchmarks to get a general idea of performance for common cards:

DqWuSY34Zsr7Z22N25e7Uc-970-80.png

(See GTX 1080 Ti in orange on the right)

Brand doesn't make a huge difference. Some will strap on a better cooler and then raise the clock speeds slightly for better out of the box performance but the difference is typically minimal. If you're buying something new I'd just find one that lands in the middle/lower end on budget and fits your system(size/color/theme).

I'd make the recommendation checking out the used market to get better performance for your buck. I have used https://old.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/ multiple times with no issues. Just make sure to read the subreddit's info on making safe purchases with buyer protections.

Side note for Arma 3: performance is more dependent on CPU which is less common for many modern games. Some people may benefit more from a CPU upgrade than a GPU upgrade.

The guys over at https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ are pretty knowledgeable too. You can check out their guides and ask questions there too.

Sandwich and Farmer Steve like this

$300 is starting to get you less and less in the GPU world bc these shortages etc.

If you want a new gen you could get a AMD 6600 for under 350

if you want a new gen GEFORCE your looking at a 3060 for around 400..(3050's arent really worth your time)

edit: a side note the new 4000 series are planned to be released the end of the year.. you could wait for then i would think some price drops will happen for 3000 series.

Edited by Aristant