Gang Fortress Rework

As many know, gang fortress has been held by envy for months with few week long exceptions. In my opinion, there are many flaws to the current layout of gang fortress. The ONLY way that another gang can win gang fort is by having a sizable house set up with garage(s) in neighboring towns. This discourages many gangs from even attempting to take gang fortress. In its current state, gang fortress is pointless to fight unless you have enough money to blow up houses, and have enough houses survive others blowing them up. 

The aspect of houses being used to capture gang fortress takes away from the event and allows one gang who own a majority of houses/garages in prime areas to dominate without competition. 

- Expand radius of gang fortress so that houses within 1.5-2km cannot be used (I don't know exact distances, mainly to far enough to eliminate a majority of Neochori houses) 

- Allow gangs to own turfs and gang fortress at the same time

- Reduce capture time from 1.5 hours to 1 hour

- Add timer for gangs that are fighting gang fortress to accurately track time

- Have gang fortress pop ONCE a week (Sunday - 7:00PM EST instead of Wednesday and Sunday)

I hope each of these suggestions are considered by not only the devs, but the community. I do not expect all of them to get implemented, but adding one or two could really balance out gang fortress. 

Zurph, shawn, NotMike and 12 others like this

just ban envy, thatll fix it!! fr tho

can expand the housing zone wont make a difference other than it will take an extra few seconds before people show up, people will just buy new houses

holding fort and turfs at the same time idk what this changes, sure we would like to steal turfs off people too but we would never use it, would just be nice for people who own turfs to be able to show up without using the excuse they own a turf

a timer already exists if you do !stats

the timer shouldn't be lowerd, will just make it harder for any gang to take control and win back time.. if anything should be increased if other gangs actually ever decide to show up (envy dont wanna afk cap any longer if people stil dont show upxd)

having the fortress pop once a week instead of twice removes more chances and opportunity for gangs to fight, hold and capture it, if you want more fights at it removing 1/2 days will reduce chances of fighting

Edited by Wang Liqin
5 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

just ban envy, thatll fix it!! fr tho

can expand the housing zone wont make a difference other than it will take an extra few seconds before people show up, people will just buy new houses

holding fort and turfs at the same time idk what this changes, sure we would like to steal turfs off people too but we would never use it, would just be nice for people who own turfs to be able to show up without using the excuse they own a turf

a timer already exists if you do !stats

the timer shouldn't be lowered, will just make it harder for any gang to take control and win back time.. if anything should be increased if other gangs actually ever decide to show up (envy don't wanna afk cap any longer if people still don't show up)

having the fortress pop once a week instead of twice removes more chances and opportunity for gangs to fight, hold and capture it, if you want more fights at it removing 1/2 days will reduce chances of fighting

The idea behind expanding the housing zone is to give those who don't have houses a leveler playing field driving from rebel, so indeed the extra 30-45 seconds would make a difference 

Not allowing gangs to own gang fort and turfs at the same time is really just an unnecessary rule. Removing the rule would increase the number of gangs eligible to fight gang fort. (Now will the gangs that take turfs even try, probably not but its an easy change to a stupid rule)

Truly had no idea a timer was already in the game

The idea behind the 1 hour time instead of 1.5 is really just an idea I had because an hour and a half is long...irdc about it tho

At this point, there is zero competition for gang fortress. There's no reason it should pop twice a week at a point where no one fights it. It also makes much more sense to have one big fight once a week and the victor controls the fortress for an entire week. 

The point of these suggestions is basically a starting point to discuss changes between gangs that actually want put effort into fighting.

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

Nothing is stopping you from getting on before us and 50ing every house in NEO. Also you shouldn’t really be showing up to “win” but to just enjoy the fight. Makes it more enjoyable plus if you do win you get the fort as well. 🙂

The fight would be much more enjoyable if blowing up houses wasn't a part of it.

I think the whole point of trying to take gang fortress is to win, this seems like a pretty pointless argument. Of course the fight is enjoyable, but you're fighting to take control of gang fort for your gang. 

7 hours ago, Good Lub said:

the solution to this however homosexual it may seem is to BH with a efficient team.When you leave someone blind in a room for 10 minutes you deprive his will to fight and you automatically get the W.Otherwise its a skill issue and if you can't win then you are quite frankly an L.

yeah no. thats just creating another issue with the whole situation when you down and restrain people. that takes all enjoyment of the fight..and thats shitty. 

10 minutes ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

The fight would be much more enjoyable if blowing up houses wasn't a part of it.

I think the whole point of trying to take gang fortress is to win, this seems like a pretty pointless argument. Of course the fight is enjoyable, but you're fighting to take control of gang fort for your gang. 

no duh the point is to win but if thats all you think about you are gonna have a shit time especially if you lose. 

18 minutes ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

The idea behind expanding the housing zone is to give those who don't have houses a leveler playing field driving from rebel, so indeed the extra 30-45 seconds would make a difference 

Not allowing gangs to own gang fort and turfs at the same time is really just an unnecessary rule. Removing the rule would increase the number of gangs eligible to fight gang fort. (Now will the gangs that take turfs even try, probably not but its an easy change to a stupid rule)

Truly had no idea a timer was already in the game

The idea behind the 1 hour time instead of 1.5 is really just an idea I had because an hour and a half is long...irdc about it tho

At this point, there is zero competition for gang fortress. There's no reason it should pop twice a week at a point where no one fights it. It also makes much more sense to have one big fight once a week and the victor controls the fortress for an entire week. 

The point of these suggestions is basically a starting point to discuss changes between gangs that actually want put effort into fighting.

yeah no. thats just creating another issue with the whole situation when you down and restrain people. that takes all enjoyment of the fight..and thats shitty. 

If you expand the zone to 1k it adds an extra 5-10 seconds maximum and thats being generous, one of my gang fort houses is 1.5k away which is mainly what ive used in all the forts, adds very little difference to my outcome. If they expand it to the point where no one can use houses anywhere then the timer for gang fortress needs to be 2-3hrs if everyone has to come from a rebel. (people will be fighting each other at rebels, will take long af for everyone to return so the first defending gang to win a fight will pretty much win the fort)

Housing has always been on the server for cartels without much if any complaints the gang fortress is surrounded by three small towns and only 6 people from Envy play regularly and own houses

I dont think the key issue for everyone in these threads with gang fortress is the housing, its Envy 🤷‍♂️

rngr and Widsyy like this
On 6/14/2022 at 11:25 PM, operatorjohnny^ said:

The ONLY way that another gang can win gang fort is by having a sizable house set up with garage(s) in neighboring towns. This discourages many gangs from even attempting to take gang fortress. In its current state, gang fortress is pointless to fight unless you have enough money to blow up houses, and have enough houses survive others blowing them up. 

Several houses available at market price in the 4 towns surrounding Gang Fort. The boat shop vendor is a car garage, DP10 = garages for everyone.
I'm sure can find 15+ houses for sale at market price in the towns surrounding fort, last week we found 8? I think in Dp10 alone. I even found a garage at market price 2 days ago in Dp10.

People keep posting reasons why they can't push gang fort on the forums but nobody has even given it a real effort. Sure your pushes will be more spaced out if you don't have good houses, but that goes for any cartel fight. 

• 1 month later...
On 2022/6/15 at PM2点25分, operatorjohnny^ said:

众所周知,帮派堡垒已经被嫉妒占据了几个月,只有几个星期的例外。在我看来,目前黑帮要塞的布局有很多缺陷。另一个帮派赢得帮派堡垒的唯一方法是在邻近城镇建立一个带有车库的大房子。这阻止了许多帮派甚至试图占领帮派堡垒。在目前的状态下,帮派要塞是毫无意义的,除非你有足够的钱来炸毁房屋,并且有足够的房屋在其他人炸毁的情况下幸免于难。 

用于占领帮派堡垒的房屋方面与事件无关,并允许一个在黄金地段拥有大部分房屋/车库的帮派在没有竞争的情况下占据主导地位。 

- 扩大帮派要塞的半径,使1.5-2km内的房屋无法使用(我不知道确切的距离,主要是足够远以消除大部分Neochori房屋) 

- 允许帮派同时拥有地盘和帮派堡垒

- 将拍摄时间从 1.5 小时减少到 1 小时

- 为正在与帮派要塞战斗的帮派添加计时器以准确跟踪时间

- 每周让帮派堡垒流行一次(周日 - 东部标准时间晚上 7:00,而不是周三和周日)

我希望这些建议中的每一个都不仅会被开发人员考虑,而且会被社区考虑。我不希望所有这些都得到实施,但是添加一两个可以真正平衡帮派堡垒。 

On 2022/6/16 at AM3点45分, Wang Liqin said:

如果你将区域扩大到 1k,它最多会增加 5-10 秒,这很慷慨,我的一个帮派堡垒房屋距离 1.5k 远,这主要是我在所有堡垒中使用的,对我的结果几乎没有什么影响。如果他们将其扩展到任何人都无法在任何地方使用房屋的程度,那么如果每个人都必须来自叛军,那么帮派堡垒的计时器需要 2-3 小时。(人们会在叛军中互相战斗,每个人都需要很长时间才能返回,所以第一个赢得战斗的守卫团伙几乎会赢得堡垒)

住房一直在为卡特尔服务,如果有任何抱怨的话,帮派堡垒被三个小镇包围,只有 6 个来自 Envy 的人经常玩耍并拥有自己的房子

我不认为在帮派要塞的这些线程中每个人的关键问题是住房,它的嫉妒 🤷‍♂️

Gang Stronghold activation time just staggered the Chinese online time, otherwise, you will never get it.