Remove Both Wongs Cartel Locations and Replace Them

Junke

Wongs Cartel Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these options would be best?

• Use both new Wongs Cartel Locations (1 & 2)
    • Use only Wongs Cartel Location 1
    • Use only Wongs Cartel Location 2
    • Don't use any locations. The wongs cartel is fine exactly where it is.

Currently both Wongs Cartel locations completely out of the way and does not promote the PVP aspect of the server when it is a cartel. Cartels should be challenging and and endgame objective like federal events. That's why I think moving both locations to the Warzone area would benefit the fighting aspect of the server. With this we already have a cartel spot designed for Wongs location 1 that I believe looks balanced for both pushing and defending. Wongs Cartel Spot 2, @Zurphand i designed to move away from the bad construction cap as well.  Let me know what you guys think, a cartel should not be something you AFK capture, it should be seen as an honor/achievement to own a cartel.

Map View of both location spots:

Spoiler

cb4cb97b2c636260dcfb43e794d78a0b.jpg

Wongs Cartel Spot 1 design:

Spoiler

7fd128335cc403e67f634e3322143f44.png

Wongs Cartel Spot 2:

Spoiler

2b224d99e6d3807a773381fa8e4f3745.jpg

YES THIS IS A REPOST TO INCLUDE SPOT 2

operatorjohnny^ likes this
41 minutes ago, Teddy_ said:

Don't really feel a need to cram everything on arms island tbh , also if anything i don't think there's something wrong with the current wong locations , i feel like the cartel itself is just really bad (yes the new one as well) 

By putting the cartels in arms island it forces people to actually have to get their gang and gear up to take wongs. the state of wongs cartel right now is to only afk cap it when you need to sell. Now if the cartels are closer more people will be willing to capture it and it will actually make it a challenge for gangs to capture the cartel rather than afk cap. There is a complaint that "gang life is dead", why not see if this could be a helping factor in bringing new gangs into the pvp scene of Asylum?

Crossfade likes this

"gang life is dead" is mainly used by envy who only log on for gang fort, and carreer cops, we have fights for drug cartel that lasted upto an hour and half it's not because it's conveniently placed on the map, it's because drug cartel is actually somewhat decent to fight for, and unless you're running scotch all day you don't really care about wongs, which is why people just afk cap it and nobody cares about , look at oil cartel the only people that care about it are DH and DS because they use the rubber nobody else cares about it enough, try increasing the rewards for Wongs / Oil / Arms to a point where you can say it was worth potentially losing a loadout for. 

i mean i'm all for trying the new locations but i doubt it'll change anything, but like you said doesn't hurt trying 

王 rando 王 likes this
5 minutes ago, Teddy_ said:

"gang life is dead" is mainly used by envy who only log on for gang fort, and carreer cops, we have fights for drug cartel that lasted upto an hour and half it's not because it's conveniently placed on the map, it's because drug cartel is actually somewhat decent to fight for, and unless you're running scotch all day you don't really care about wongs, which is why people just afk cap it and nobody cares about , look at oil cartel the only people that care about it are DH and DS because they use the rubber nobody else cares about it enough, try increasing the rewards for Wongs / Oil / Arms to a point where you can say it was worth potentially losing a loadout for. 

i mean i'm all for trying the new locations but i doubt it'll change anything, but like you said doesn't hurt trying 

I think the problem of why nobody cares about Wongs that has a huge role is its location. Its out of the way of all the other cartels. This is the same with Oil cartel. Gangs do not want to go cap something across the map from the main cartels. The reason is because these gangs know that right off cooldown they will just be afk capped by another gang. Now, if you put these Wongs cartels in the main area of the fighting it will entice gangs to go to it because it is closer. Now people are either forced to fight an actual fight or face the consequences of losing money to the Wongs cartel. For example, now DH has to actually come to the warzone area to fight against people who have capped drug and arms in order for them to sell their scotch at maximum price. The cartel dynamic should be that the best gangs own the cartels and are profiting from those said cartels. 

Edited by Junker
7 minutes ago, Junker said:

I think the problem of why nobody cares about Wongs that has a huge role is its location. Its out of the way of all the other cartels. This is the same with Oil cartel.  The reason is because these gangs know that right off cooldown they will just be afk capped by another gang. N

The cartel dynamic should be that the best gangs own the cartels and are profiting from those said cartels. 

The other issue with putting everything together , capturing a cartel takes 20 miuntes, so by putting them all together when you're halfway capping the other cartel the first cartel will be getting contested opening the door to zerg gangs again there's no point in "gangs don't go for them because they're out of the way" it's gangs don't go for the cartel if they don't need it hence my increase the payout / make it worth fighting, because if you really want to profit from any of the cartels you'll have to run drugs / sell scotch which you don't have time for if you cap more then 1 cartel at a time because the cooldown will already be over. The cartels don't generate enough to justify fighting them for 4 hours straight. 

So i don't know there still wouldn't be a reason for me to go to wongs even if it was closer , i'd still rather cap drug cartel, run drugs and make money off of it while owning it instead of going after wongs for the 20k you get an hour but also like i said it doesn't hurt in trying to move it can always do a test run of it, if it catches on cool, if it doesn't just revert it back.

2 minutes ago, Teddy_ said:

The other issue with putting everything together , capturing a cartel takes 20 miuntes, so by putting them all together when you're halfway capping the other cartel the first cartel will be getting contested opening the door to zerg gangs again there's no point in "gangs don't go for them because they're out of the way" it's gangs don't go for the cartel if they don't need it hence my increase the payout / make it worth fighting, because if you really want to profit from any of the cartels you'll have to run drugs / sell scotch which you don't have time for if you cap more then 1 cartel at a time because the cooldown will already be over. The cartels don't generate enough to justify fighting them for 4 hours straight. 

So i don't know there still wouldn't be a reason for me to go to wongs even if it was closer , i'd still rather cap drug cartel, run drugs and make money off of it while owning it instead of going after wongs for the 20k you get an hour but also like i said it doesn't hurt in trying to move it can always do a test run of it, if it catches on cool, if it doesn't just revert it back.

Again, this goes back to the whole dynamic of how cartels should be owned by the best gangs in the first place. If a gang in zurging and be successful at it then they should be rewarded for owning the cartels and maintaining ownership. No matter what if you own a cartel or are looking to own one it should be earned by any means a gang gets it. Also, payouts for cartels will never be increased as of right now due to the economy being inflated, but what I am saying is people are going to be forced to sell Wongs materials without owning the cartel if it is in a highly contested area if they don't want to fight. The whole idea is bringing back that the TOP gang owns the cartels while the other gangs either work to contest those gangs or just accept that they are giving money to the gang that controls the cartels.

1 hour ago, Teddy_ said:

The other issue with putting everything together , capturing a cartel takes 20 miuntes, so by putting them all together when you're halfway capping the other cartel the first cartel will be getting contested opening the door to zerg gangs again

Its a cartel, Zerg gangs should own them. one or two guys should not be able to go uncontested at a cartel, that is what degrades cartels. You should not be able to hide in a big tower in the corner of the map and cap something that generates money and wont be contested because people dont want to fly that far to fight something. Reason why cartels will not have a money buff, because they dont want one guy owning some cartel in the middle of nowhere making shit tons of money. And i know you are probably going to reply with (well dont be lazy and fly over there). Those days of people spending countless hours on arma are coming to a end people that want to fight cartels want to log on spawn in Donor (Theresia) go to the open rebel and instantly fight the nearest cap to a rebel know one wants to go on these long ass flights to the corner of the map and fight 2-3 guys in a big tower its a waste of time. 

Junke likes this

@JunkerDid you delete your last suggestion on this??

Like I said on your other post about this, I don't think we need more stuff down there. The cartel being less desirable gives newer or smaller gangs a better chance at holding a cartel. If a bigger better gang really wants it, they can take it. But I think it's good for "weaker" gangs to have a chance at winning and keeping a cartel for a bit. Even if the reason for that is the top gangs cba to go fight it.

Unfortunately, the byproduct of this is a big zerg like DH will sometimes get it for free since they outnumber every gang 10 to 1.

The cartel itself could be moved a bit or redesigned but I think it should keep a location up north.

9 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Like I said on your other post about this, I don't think we need more stuff down there. The cartel being less desirable gives newer or smaller gangs a better chance at holding a cartel. If a bigger better gang really wants it, they can take it. But I think it's good for "weaker" gangs to have a chance at winning and keeping a cartel for a bit. Even if the reason for that is the top gangs cba to go fight it.

Unfortunately, the byproduct of this is a big zerg like DH will sometimes get it for free since they outnumber every gang 10 to 1.

The cartel itself could be moved a bit or redesigned but I think it should keep a location up north.

Like people have said before, wongs will still be less desirable to fight and own than other cartels, that's not changing. People like the drug/arms caps that have been in place for years and will contest those most often. The problem with wongs now is that it is uncontested. "Weaker gangs" don't need to put up any sense of a fight to cap wongs and leaves them with a false reality of cartel life. They cap wongs, then try to cap drug and get steamrolled. There is also no use of wongs up north, it's literally a afk cappers dream. Cartels need to be rewarding, fun and challenging. The more challenging cartels become, the more rewarding the developers can make them. Moving the cartels to a more centralized location increases cartel fights and gang activity. If you're making money off a cap, you should have to fight for it. DH can hold it uncontested for hours at a time and make shitloads more off their scotch or whatever the fuck they do. 

7 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

@Junker@Teddy_you’re both right. it’s far as fuck away from everything and everything you can sell at wongs isn’t even worth doing anymore. does anybody even do scotch anymore, maybe 4 years ago.

I think people do moonshine and sell the human organs more nowadays

6 hours ago, Defragments said:

I did i wanted to include Wongs Spot #2. Also, Cartels should be owned by the best gangs that is what it is meant for. Why should a two man gang be owning the Drug Cartel of Altis? It doesnt make sense, the best gangs should own the cartels. This is how it used to work and how it should. If you cant kill DH 1 to 10 uninstall btw.

9 minutes ago, Junker said:

I did i wanted to include Wongs Spot #2. Also, Cartels should be owned by the best gangs that is what it is meant for. Why should a two man gang be owning the Drug Cartel of Altis? It doesnt make sense, the best gangs should own the cartels. This is how it used to work and how it should. If you cant kill DH 1 to 10 uninstall btw.

I agree, but also think smaller gangs need a way to get their foot in without getting insta-rolled by experienced gangs. I'm more concerned for other small time gangs than myself. They may be terrible, but ten god-awful players can still handle the poor new guys 5 man gang.

1 minute ago, Defragments said:

I agree, but also think smaller gangs need a way to get their foot in without getting insta-rolled by experienced gangs. I'm more concerned for other small time gangs than myself. They may be terrible, but ten god-awful players can still handle the poor new guys 5 man gang.

There shouldnt be a handicap for newer gangs. They need to work for the cartel in a sense. If they only 5 guys maybe they should recruit more people, play the game together, and get better how most people usually do it. If you go to a cartel you should roll up with the thought that you are going against tough competition.

3 hours ago, DankBud said:

i like the concept of something being old east arms,but with OG up next to it idk,maybe have it rotate there if arms is church,an wongs spot 2 if OG is up?maybe keep the southern wongs near drug as a possible rotation/location,that way it brings traffic from/to drug potentially.

If theres a way to do this it would be perfect

9 hours ago, Junker said:

If theres a way to do this it would be perfect

pretty sure it could be done fairly easy for the devs.

Another thing that could bring fights back(could be slightly unpopular) bring back Dom to the main server and have it run a few times a week? Rebel on arms island could be the safe zone area so it allows people to kit up an a place to group up for the smaller/ less experienced groups. I feel that all the kinks seem to be worked out aside from people playing it. Have all the above ideas for rotations in play during the dom,as for a timeline for how long it should be up for im not sure..Could have it up during a full reset an advertise it reset before so people are aware of it.

6 hours ago, DankBud said:

pretty sure it could be done fairly easy for the devs.

Another thing that could bring fights back(could be slightly unpopular) bring back Dom to the main server and have it run a few times a week? Rebel on arms island could be the safe zone area so it allows people to kit up an a place to group up for the smaller/ less experienced groups. I feel that all the kinks seem to be worked out aside from people playing it. Have all the above ideas for rotations in play during the dom,as for a timeline for how long it should be up for im not sure..Could have it up during a full reset an advertise it reset before so people are aware of it.

There is an Altis map for domination already if thats what you mean. Its just it is never selected because there is not enough people playing dom to do it.

2 hours ago, Junker said:

There is an Altis map for domination already if thats what you mean. Its just it is never selected because there is not enough people playing dom to do it.

thought it was changed to the cups map pack an altis was taken out? But yes,that altis one i think was better slightly more spread out.

I think having it on main server would help bring more traffic through out the week to it instead of just the days dom is up,who knows if its works could have dom more often ?

5 hours ago, DankBud said:

thought it was changed to the cups map pack an altis was taken out? But yes,that altis one i think was better slightly more spread out.

I think having it on main server would help bring more traffic through out the week to it instead of just the days dom is up,who knows if its works could have dom more often ?

no the altis map is still in rotation, it just never gets voted for

DankBud likes this
  • 2 months later...