Vhantom

Vote  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which HQ do you like?

• Variant A
    • Variant B
    • Neither
    • Variant C
    • @Patato's Simple Athira (see his comment below)

I've got two versions I've cooked up. Trying to mimic parts of classic designs while incorporating elements of new ones. Feedback on what you like and don't like helps!

Variant A: https://imgur.com/a/qAWpmLX

Variant B: https://imgur.com/a/hb5SSZt

Edit2:

Simplifed Variant C (Patato inspired): https://imgur.com/a/uvbo1Y6

Edit1:

For both HQ there are ways I can make them less cluttered or use overall less props. I tried to build these with all play types in mind which is impossible to get perfect but I'm trying to get close.

Being critical of A, I think having part of the HQ sectioned off behind the main building is not a good flow (level design perspective). The primary idea behind this was for maintaining the shooting range lane. The range could be relocated/removed and the design simplified.

I really like the size of the HQ in these designs though. The only addition to the vanilla footprint is the front gate and the helipad area in variant A and related area in B. Bloat was a concern of mine, specifically thinking of Pyrgos. I might make a smaller variant tonight.

Edited by Vhantom
王 rando 王 and Vash like this
27 minutes ago, Wing Wong2 said:

love the effort amd work u put into this but it is just to much stuff it seems that it is meant to be one of the smaller hq's and this just makes it look like a major one like prygos or kavala and also just looks like a rats heaven but thats just my opinion.

I'd dare to say that the current Athira HQ IS the rats heaven. I would also oppose that it is meant to be one of the smaller HQs - Athira is slowly starting to reach Kavala levels of chaos

3 hours ago, Vash said:

I'd dare to say that the current Athira HQ IS the rats heaven. I would also oppose that it is meant to be one of the smaller HQs - Athira is slowly starting to reach Kavala levels of chaos

Very true but I think if they are going to enlarge the hq to make it a major city hq maybe they should make it unlimited spawns like the rest of the city hq’s. That would make sense imo. But idk lmk ur opinion.

4 minutes ago, Wing Wong2 said:

Very true but I think if they are going to enlarge the hq to make it a major city hq maybe they should make it unlimited spawns like the rest of the city hq’s. That would make sense imo. But idk lmk ur opinion.

I don't really have a strong opinion on spawn cooldowns inside HQs. I think that if the HQ is big enough, there should be no need to eliminate spawn cooldowns.

40 minutes ago, Piter De Vries said:

How do y’all prefer A over B?

Heli pad is protected in the back and out of the way, and the vehicles aren't just straight across the gate (Like B's) but have some cover from shooters and VDMr's to the right as they have to make that turn.