Add A Wall Of Shame To Discord

Like the title says, I think having a channel in the discord where admins post bans when they happen could be a good addition. The wasteland community I play in does this and I think it could be effective on asylum too.

Here's a screenshot of theirs as an example of what it should look like:QKfJiu9.jpg

Pros:

-People can see that folks do actually get banned and it should cut down on the amount of "admins never ban for rdm/vdm" we see

-People will see that the bigger gangs do actually catch bans and there isn't favoritism.

-People's ban history(after the addition) can be looked up with a simple discord search.

Cons:

-Extra step for admins banning people.

manhua, Cre, 王 rando 王 and 3 others like this

Bad idea, for the same reason reports should get nothing more than action or no action taken.  The point of the report system isnt to shame people and start vengeful report wars, its to encourage people to understand the server rules. Woohoo I got someone put in internet jail because they ALT+F4 in my restraints and got a 1 day ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel accomplished on the 8 year old arma 3 roleplay game

Edited by Michael L
Huang Peng, Protocol and Innate like this
19 minutes ago, Michael L said:

Bad idea, for the same reason reports should get nothing more than action or no action taken.  The point of the report system isnt to shame people and start vengeful report wars, its to encourage people to understand the server rules. Woohoo I got someone put in internet jail because they ALT+F4 in my restraints and got a 1 day ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel accomplished on the 8 year old arma 3 roleplay game

no it so we can laugh at people we don’t like getting banned

luke110 and Bob Danaloo like this
1 hour ago, Michael L said:

L take michael, most clowns on the server think that admins dont do shit so they never bother to report rdming troglodytes. If this was a thing, maybe more people would report those subhuman VDM'ers and RDM'ers.

Crossfade likes this
16 hours ago, Michael L said:

Woohoo I got someone put in internet jail because they ALT+F4 in my restraints and got a 1 day ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel accomplished on the 8 year old arma 3 roleplay game

But the people that are this petty/pathetic are on the server 8+ hours a day so chances are they see the person try to log in and they already get their "justice" boner, they don't need a discord channel for that xD

王 rando 王 likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, Bob Danaloo said:

Like the title says, I think having a channel in the discord where admins post bans when they happen could be a good addition. The wasteland community I play in does this and I think it could be effective on asylum too.

Here's a screenshot of theirs as an example of what it should look like:QKfJiu9.jpg

Pros:

-People can see that folks do actually get banned and it should cut down on the amount of "admins never ban for rdm/vdm" Games we see

-People will see that the bigger gangs do actually catch bans and there isn't favoritism Gamespx.

-People's ban history(after the addition) can be looked up with a simple discord search.

Cons:

-Extra step for admins banning people.

• 4 weeks later...