Sourcing vehicles for chop shop

Protocol

Add the ability to source a vehicle from chop shop. It would work as the following: 

You source a vehicle from chop by interacting with the main NPC. The game should randomly spawn a vehicle somewhere on the map that is in one of 3 ranges. Low Tier, Mid Tier and High Tier. The objective is to obviously get the sourced vehicle back to chop shop in a certain amount of time. There should be a bonus amount of money you get for delivering the vehicle in a "bonus time pay" amount of time. The ranges prices should go as follows. 

Low Tier - 10k/ 15k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Offroad/hatchback

Mid Tier - 20k/ 25k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Sports Hatch/qilin/prowler

High Tier 30k/ 40k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Hunter/Ifrit/

The vehicles should spawn locked so other players that happen to stumble upon the vehicle cannot instantly get in and drive away with the car. This could give you the option to add a "shop" to chop that sells lockpicks so people sourcing the cars can actually break into them and steal them. Though this part is sort of mixed as do we really want people being able to buy lockpicks from chop? This suggestion can go without it if another resolution isn't found

If another player finds the car and breaks into it they should be notified that it's a sourced car and that they should take it to the nearest chop shop.

The vehicles should spawn with a tracker so the player can easily track it as it makes sense for an illicit business such as the chop shop to hide trackers on vehicles they want. 

Once the player has the vehicle the APD should be notified by an "informant" that someone has stolen a sourced vehicle in a city/location and is on the move. The APD should be notified of the city/location the type of vehicle was taken from but nothing else sort of like Drug runner planes. The APD's objective is to seize the vehicle if they find it and they will get a flat pay of the vehicle they seize so if its low tier 10k mid tier 20k etc. 

An interesting idea to maybe add to this is add rewardable skins to the source able vehicles. so if a vehicle spawns with a skin and that person chops it / APD officer seizes it they unlock the ability to use that skin on their own vehicles.

skimancole, Ronald, Rogue and 5 others like this

I don’t like the idea of being able to buy lock picks at chop shop. I already can’t leave my car unattended in kavala without someone stealing it. It’s going to be horrible if any new player can buy lock picks for super cheap at chop shop. Currently losers who chop hatchbacks have to atleast have a rebel/bounty hunter license or go excavate to obtain lockpicks.

22 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

I don’t like the idea of being able to buy lock picks at chop shop. I already can’t leave my car unattended in kavala without someone stealing it. It’s going to be horrible if any new player can buy lock picks for super cheap at chop shop. Currently losers who chop hatchbacks have to atleast have a rebel/bounty hunter license or go excavate to obtain lockpicks.

Tbh just leave out the ability to buy lockpicks portion of this and it would be some interesting bit of content.

lukee likes this
7 hours ago, Dillon said:

Add the ability to source a vehicle from chop shop. It would work as the following: 

You source a vehicle from chop by interacting with the main NPC. The game should randomly spawn a vehicle somewhere on the map that is in one of 3 ranges. Low Tier, Mid Tier and High Tier. The objective is to obviously get the sourced vehicle back to chop shop in a certain amount of time. There should be a bonus amount of money you get for delivering the vehicle in a "bonus time pay" amount of time. The ranges prices should go as follows. 

Low Tier - 10k/ 15k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Offroad/hatchback

Mid Tier - 20k/ 25k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Sports Hatch/qilin/prowler

High Tier 30k/ 40k if time bonus is completed - Vehicles: Hunter/Ifrit/

The vehicles should spawn locked so other players that happen to stumble upon the vehicle cannot instantly get in and drive away with the car. This could give you the option to add a "shop" to chop that sells lockpicks so people sourcing the cars can actually break into them and steal them. Though this part is sort of mixed as do we really want people being able to buy lockpicks from chop? This suggestion can go without it if another resolution isn't found

If another player finds the car and breaks into it they should be notified that it's a sourced car and that they should take it to the nearest chop shop.

The vehicles should spawn with a tracker so the player can easily track it as it makes sense for an illicit business such as the chop shop to hide trackers on vehicles they want. 

Once the player has the vehicle the APD should be notified by an "informant" that someone has stolen a sourced vehicle in a city/location and is on the move. The APD should be notified of the city/location the type of vehicle was taken from but nothing else sort of like Drug runner planes. The APD's objective is to seize the vehicle if they find it and they will get a flat pay of the vehicle they seize so if its low tier 10k mid tier 20k etc. 

An interesting idea to maybe add to this is add rewardable skins to the source able vehicles. so if a vehicle spawns with a skin and that person chops it / APD officer seizes it they unlock the ability to use that skin on their own vehicles.

ok

What if vehicle spawns at chop shop and you have to take it to the other one ?

shuffle inventory

that way it behaves like drug runner and you don’t have to go out to the random vehicle spawned on the map and leave your vehicle behind

successful delivery gives you cash on hand just like chopping and focuses the activity over the main road Center of the map with plenty of traffic and opportunity to be stopped by another player or cops

王 rando 王 and Sheriff Rick like this
11 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

shuffle inventory

that way it behaves like drug runner and you don’t have to go out to the random vehicle spawned on the map

or you take it to a random location on the map? instead of the other chop shop?

41 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

shuffle inventory

that way it behaves like drug runner and you don’t have to go out to the random vehicle spawned on the map and leave your vehicle behind

successful delivery gives you cash on hand just like chopping and focuses the activity over the main road Center of the map with plenty of traffic and opportunity to be stopped by another player or cops

i like more!

47 minutes ago, Vash said:

I like the idea, but I feel like it lacks risk (unless the payout is nerfed). While driving the vehicle to chop shop, unless it's an armored vehicle, the chances of being robbed are slim. Maybe make it so other players know that it is a sourced vehicle (from the outside, not only after stealing it)

vehicle alarm blaring the whole time because its stolen!

As of right now I do not see any incentives as to why we should add this. Its more or less just a DP mission or a time trial. Pickup car and drive it back to chop shop and get money.

No real risks or gameplay attached and therefor a function that will just go on the pile of useless shit we have on the server that is never used, or barely.

Please convince me with some more additions to this that isn't just "Increase payout more so it is more attractive" but something that actually adds onto this that makes it interesting to do. 

王 rando 王 likes this
3 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

As of right now I do not see any incentives as to why we should add this. Its more or less just a DP mission or a time trial. Pickup car and drive it back to chop shop and get money.

No real risks or gameplay attached and therefor a function that will just go on the pile of useless shit we have on the server that is never used, or barely.

Please convince me with some more additions to this that isn't just "Increase payout more so it is more attractive" but something that actually adds onto this that makes it interesting to do. 

What if it sent out a server wide announcement to civs/cop that a "Chop Shop Special Vehicle" has been activated/requested and it can be intercepted..... Or something similar to that of one of the first missions in GTA 4 where you had to find the specific car and bring it back to get money. Maybe make it to where you can request a chop mission and it assigns you to bring back a certain player owned vehicle within a certain time frame:

I.E. 

Chop Npc > Request Mission > Assigned mission to locate and retrieve "flat bed truck" > If found and returned to shop within x amount of minutes > $XXX,XXX  Payout or ownership of said vehicle.

So basically it would require you to scavenge the map to find that specific vehicle instead of just spawned vehicle. More than likely it would be occupied or the owner would be near by causing some sort of interaction to occur and probably would have to lockpick the vehicle as well.

Bad Samaritan likes this
1 hour ago, Ebola said:

What if it sent out a server wide announcement to civs/cop that a "Chop Shop Special Vehicle" has been activated/requested and it can be intercepted..... Or something similar to that of one of the first missions in GTA 4 where you had to find the specific car and bring it back to get money. Maybe make it to where you can request a chop mission and it assigns you to bring back a certain player owned vehicle within a certain time frame:

I.E. 

Chop Npc > Request Mission > Assigned mission to locate and retrieve "flat bed truck" > If found and returned to shop within x amount of minutes > $XXX,XXX  Payout or ownership of said vehicle.

So basically it would require you to scavenge the map to find that specific vehicle instead of just spawned vehicle. More than likely it would be occupied or the owner would be near by causing some sort of interaction to occur and probably would have to lockpick the vehicle as well.

Gonna be like hunting grounds. Cool for 2 days and then no one ever does it again.

6 hours ago, ObiWoki said:

Add an alarm blaring sound from the vehicle/other sound so it’s easier for people to pick up that it’s a sourced car.

maybe add the tracker from the shipping event or something similar to it so people are more likely to get robbed/have it stolen by other players. 

Maybe have a random chance for some vehicles to be booby trapped and have them explode if people don’t drive over a certain speed for a certain amount of time. The explosion if they fail to drive the certain speed should just be like the car getting script killed to 0 hp and not like a speed bomb so if people try to drive in a city or something stupid like that to blow people up with them they don’t do that much damage. 

just steal all the GTA online money making methods. Next up, you can buy a warehouse and then you can source goods which are then marked on the map and anyone can come and steal them from you or destroy them. Once you bring them back to your warehouse you can sell them which starts a similar mission which marks you on the map and requires you to take it somewhere while people can try to destroy it or steal it for themselves.