Remote Engine Kill Switch

Vhantom

A single-use device that can be attached to vehicles. When activated it will set the vehicle's engine to red/disabled. It can be activated remotely through a scroll wheel option. The vehicle can be repaired as usual.

Implementation/Balance

Attached to vehicles similar to tracking devices. Attaching it has a progress bar similar to repairing a vehicle.

Costs a few thousand.

Purchasable at rebel/skip/cop shops.

Limited range? 1km maybe.

Limited availability to cops? Rank+ or undercover only?

Illegal? Possession is a few thousand dollar charge.

Works on aircrafts too?

1 hour ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

Don't you guys already have spikestrips that you can deploy from inside a vehicle?

This would be a different kind of thing. Think more for like sting/trap car operations.

Just an idea that would add some shenanigans and wouldn't be terribly time consuming for the devs to implement.

kingofcanada likes this

For RP and police type work this would be an amazing toy. 

Meta guys don't think it has any value, but imagine sticking one of these on your hemmit before a run or on your frit before a fight, just in case someone tries to raccoon your vic. Nothing to lose with this suggestion, devs need to make it happen. 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, KPD Captain Brandice said:

For RP and police type work this would be an amazing toy. 

Meta guys don't think it has any value, but imagine sticking one of these on your hemmit before a run or on your frit before a fight, just in case someone tries to raccoon your vic. Nothing to lose with this suggestion, devs need to make it happen. 

He wants it for cops only

On 8/5/2022 at 11:35 PM, Vhantom said:

A single-use device that can be attached to vehicles. When activated it will set the vehicle's engine to red/disabled. It can be activated remotely through a scroll wheel option. The vehicle can be repaired as usual.

Implementation/Balance

Attached to vehicles similar to tracking devices. Attaching it has a progress bar similar to repairing a vehicle.

Costs a few thousand.

Purchasable at rebel/skip/cop shops.

Limited range? 1km maybe.

Limited availability to cops? Rank+ or undercover only?

Illegal? Possession is a few thousand dollar charge.

Works on aircrafts too?

just cut off the engine of a orca mid hotdrop fs fs

5 hours ago, Michael L said:

This sounds like it would be a cool thing to add for civs and allow for putting it on air vehicles and such. But for cops? No thank you. Nothing screams roleplay faction more than turning someone's engine off at 300kph while they are getting away in my book

Maybe then it can only be attached to police owned vehicles. I just want to do bait cars. Tell me this doesn't look like a damn good time: https://youtu.be/ej4r09joZfo

1 minute ago, 王 rando 王 said:

What's wrong with this? Creating rp scenarios on an rp server while playing on an rp faction...

Not like I'm walking up and telling them to steal it. It's just an unlocked box truck sitting in town, a cop waiting around the corner, and a $1,500 ticket for stealing a car.

Lotta pearl clutching type of crap going on with these replies. "Boo-hoo I have to roleplay now"

1 hour ago, Vhantom said:

What's wrong with this? Creating rp scenarios on an rp server while playing on an rp faction...

Not like I'm walking up and telling them to steal it. It's just an unlocked box truck sitting in town, a cop waiting around the corner, and a $1,500 ticket for stealing a car.

Lotta pearl clutching type of crap going on with these replies. "Boo-hoo I have to roleplay now"

leave the bullying new players to the professionals like me, you should be helping them

GravL and Kawaii like this
  • 1 month later...