Domination and Gang Fortress

Trioxide

I don’t know whether or not this will be a good idea, but I’m putting it out here because I think it has potential.

Domination and Gang Fortress are both under-attended. There are typically 25 to 30 people on Domination, and a total of 1 gang “fighting” Gang Fortress. I’m not sure what exactly the devs had in mind when they added it, but it seems like the goal was to replicate a bit of Domination-like gameplay on the main server. It seems like this idea just doesn’t work. The problem is that it has become completely obsolete to almost every single gang. This same problem exists for Domination, however it is not nearly as severe. Several gangs play it, but it doesn’t reach the player count that it used to, not by a long shot.

Here is the change I propose:

Take away Gang Fortress fights on the main server. It should no longer activate there. Continue hosting Domination on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Rather than popping twice a week for gangs to cap on the main server, ownership of the Gang Fortress will be awarded to the winners of Tuesday’s and Saturday’s Domination events. The schedule for Gang Fortress remains essentially the same (it pops twice a week), but it will be highly contested by every Domination gang instead of being camped by one gang for 45 minutes. This fits, considering that Gang Fortress is supposed to be the most valuable capture point on the server. If Envy really is the best gang and does deserve to own Gang Fortress 24/7, then they can prove it. The other side of this change is that it will bring more gangs to Domination, which is still sorely under-attended.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Domination style fighting is nothing like the style of fighting on the real server/cartels. When we played domination when it first came out we consistently won when "Envy" played but I dont think any of the gangs who play now played then. I personally dont think the best gang/shooters win, just whoever wants to slam more, the people with worse k/d came out on top (atleast when i used to play it)

The domination play style sucks dodo, the fortress is on the main server so the most dominate gang on the main server can control it. Having to force people to play a dead gamemode with a awful play style to win something totally unrelated makes no sense.

Invictus likes this
3 hours ago, Trioxide said:

I don’t know whether or not this will be a good idea, but I’m putting it out here because I think it has potential.

Domination and Gang Fortress are both under-attended. There are typically 25 to 30 people on Domination, and a total of 1 gang “fighting” Gang Fortress. I’m not sure what exactly the devs had in mind when they added it, but it seems like the goal was to replicate a bit of Domination-like gameplay on the main server. It seems like this idea just doesn’t work. The problem is that it has become completely obsolete to almost every single gang. This same problem exists for Domination, however it is not nearly as severe. Several gangs play it, but it doesn’t reach the player count that it used to, not by a long shot.

Take away Gang Fortress fights on the main server. It should no longer activate there. Continue hosting Domination on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Rather than popping twice a week for gangs to cap on the main server, ownership of the Gang Fortress will be awarded to the winners of Tuesday’s and Saturday’s Domination events. The schedule for Gang Fortress remains essentially the same (it pops twice a week), but it will be highly contested by every Domination gang instead of being camped by one gang for 45 minutes. This fits, considering that Gang Fortress is supposed to be the most valuable capture point on the server. If Envy really is the best gang and does deserve to own Gang Fortress 24/7, then they can prove it. The other side of this change is that it will bring more gangs to Domination, which is still sorely under-attended.

😐

Wang Liqin and Colin. like this
3 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

Domination style fighting is nothing like the style of fighting on the real server/cartels. When we played domination when it first came out we consistently won when "Envy" played but I dont think any of the gangs who play now played then. I personally dont think the best gang/shooters win, just whoever wants to slam more, the people with worse k/d came out on top (atleast when i used to play it)

The domination play style sucks dodo, the fortress is on the main server so the most dominate gang on the main server can control it. Having to force people to play a dead gamemode with a awful play style to win something totally unrelated makes no sense.

The idea is that Domination wouldn’t be as dead if the rewards were bigger. Gang Fortress fights are far too rare as it is. There really isn’t another solution to fix that. My solution keeps the functionality of Gang Fortress the same and simply changes its method of acquirement into something that will actually be participated in. Also, I think you might be the only one who hates the play style of Domination. Most people play it for fun.

If this isn’t the solution, then what is? Surely Gang Fortress shouldn’t be kept on the server completely obsolete as it is, right?

54 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

The idea is that Domination wouldn’t be as dead if the rewards were bigger. Gang Fortress fights are far too rare as it is. There really isn’t another solution to fix that. My solution keeps the functionality of Gang Fortress the same and simply changes its method of acquirement into something that will actually be participated in. Also, I think you might be the only one who hates the play style of Domination. Most people play it for fun.

If this isn’t the solution, then what is? Surely Gang Fortress shouldn’t be kept on the server completely obsolete as it is, right?

I truly dont care what happens to gang fort as I dont play the game and dont use fort for the benefits butttt I could be out of the loop but from what I know the people who main domination dont play the official server and the people who main the official server dont play domination so why would the two mix.

The gang fort as obsolete as it is to everyone else means its working as intended tbh, Its only supposed to be captured and used by the best gang on the server. I think back to when asylum had 5 servers and each server had the obvious dominate gang controlling the server and think how great something like gangfort would have been back then, could imagine traveling to another gangs server and fighting to take their fortress. Short story shorter it would and should be only be the best gang holding it and imo working as intended 🤝

FudgeR likes this
13 hours ago, Trioxide said:

as other said the gameplay is far different(for the worse).If i wanted my entire screen to be filled with smoke for 99% of the time,i'd rather turn off my monitor.

Also stop coping about it,just get a proper gang and fight atleast.Coping won't get you anywhere. 

Invictus , /|/|0T4RD and Wang Liqin like this

When domination capture points were designed it was designed with one style of play only. When it comes to fighting gang fort there's actual strategy in terms of capturing it. People prefer different styles of play and that is why some people only play dom and not main server and visa versa. The two do not mix in terms of play style. Now, if domination capture points were redesigned to involve strategy in terms of dissecting the cap, this would be fine because both servers would have the same play style. Domination was designed to be fast paced and slam and smoke with the moving capture points. 

Trioxide likes this