Community Meeting

Rogue

The Admin team will be hosting a community meeting:

Friday August 19th at 2000 EST

We understand that this doesn't work for all schedules. Come if you can. Bring questions and complaints.

If you have concerns but can't attend the meeting message Mayhem#3439 on discord.

Subject to change based on attendance requirements, we will update as soon as possible if the time changes.

-Admin Team

COMMUNITY MEETING OUTCOME.

NOT SET IN STONE. JUST DISCUSSED.

-time requirement per house/month

-go down to 4 houses

-remove/lesser money/make harder passive money (cartels/separate processing stations)

-CPT demotion regulations written in wiki (only 1 demotion)

-explosives price/damage ratio

-SRT policies implemented to DOM

-Dom payout/points slight buff and potentially less days played

-Gang fort (Increase group size to X/Make it so you can own turfs and the gang fort?/Increase no spawn radius to flag to 3.0km)

-Die in house (cannot spawn there for X mins)

-SGT drill door of player house (90 seconds with animation)

-prestige > cop blood money? something to keep the grind (steep exchange rate)

-Kavala drug dealer inside little house

william, Copa, Innate and 20 others like this
14 hours ago, goyney said:

I think a mass unban should be discussed (including scripting bans)

Kinda on board with this honestly. Maybe not scripting bans. But a mass unbanning for other things, and a mass unblacklisting from APD. The numbers aren't getting any better.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:14 AM, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

yo I swear a year ago the captains made a policy saying that they can only be a captain for a year....what happened?

On 8/17/2022 at 3:08 PM, Defragments said:

The captains have overturned this decision as they did not agree with the captains being limited to only a year. (probably?)

Reasonable prediction

3347560384bc1fd9ea41db3a924b7b41.png

Edited by Michael L
17 hours ago, Batcan said:

Hmm, maybe. I'm not sure if I want a bunch of scripters ruining my experience

7 hours ago, Cre said:

Kinda on board with this honestly. Maybe not scripting bans. But a mass unbanning for other things, and a mass unblacklisting from APD. The numbers aren't getting any better.

what about only the scripters with a name beginning with g?

On 8/19/2022 at 6:15 AM, Cre said:

Man, look who made the edit too 💀

On 8/19/2022 at 5:56 AM, Michael L said:

Reasonable prediction

3347560384bc1fd9ea41db3a924b7b41.png

If you look 100% of all guidebook changes in the last year have come from bbgreg.

The term limit was directly removed by SA's. Not the captains

EDIT:
Since it seems a group of you are trying to twist the narrative of what was said above let me be perfectly clear. Greg is the one in the audit log making changes to the DOCUMENTATION. Every policy he has updated has a corresponding conversation with both other captains and has to be approved by Senior admins before he can change the wiki. This is not a "Greg changing whatever he wants when he feels like it"

16 hours ago, Patato said:

If you look 100% of all guidebook changes in the last year have come from bbgreg.

The term limit was directly removed by SA's. Not the captains

EDIT:
Since it seems a group of you are trying to twist the narrative of what was said above let me be perfectly clear. Greg is the one in the audit log making changes to the DOCUMENTATION. Every policy he has updated has a corresponding conversation with both other captains and has to be approved by Senior admins before he can change the wiki. This is not a "Greg changing whatever he wants when he feels like it"

so greg changes anything whenever he wants?!?!?!?

11 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

Could we please talk about the low pop on asylum?

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

altis life is dying and unless you are still grinding like DH there is nothing new for endgame players that will interest them in coming back to the server.

Low pop isn't exclusive to Asylum. It's just an ARMA 3 thing: Arma 3 - Steam Charts

But, in fairness, based on the community meeting that happened it sounded as if a lot of people are unhappy with the current state of things on Asylum. That probably contributes to it, too.

One of the recurring complaints I hear from people is the lack of a geo-restriction for a certain country with 300+ ping on the servers.

People have been asking for a wipe since 2018.. if there server was in that state back then imagine what state its in now.

Wiping the server wont guarantee envy or anyone comes back to play fulltime again (probably thankfully for everyone) BUT it does guarantee that when envy logs on we will be doing more than afking gangfort with our infinite money

12 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

People have been asking for a wipe since 2018.. if there server was in that state back then imagine what state its in now.

Wiping the server wont guarantee envy or anyone comes back to play fulltime again (probably thankfully for everyone) BUT it does guarantee that when envy logs on we will be doing more than afking gangfort with our infinite money

i standby my statement 4 years ago. this shit boring 

Actually JP and Cre like this
14 hours ago, Actually JP said:

Sounds like a wipe is in order along with a major update?

thing is a lot of people only play because they have so much money. no one wants to grind again and most say they will just leave. it's sort of a lose - lose scenario. personally I would like a wipe tho. feel like it would bring a lot of people back even if its for a short time. They can always save the current database as a backup and bring it back if the playerbase really dies but I feel everyone who says they would quit wouldn't. they are all pretty glued 

Toxicc and GravL like this
14 minutes ago, Dillon said:

thing is a lot of people only play because they have so much money. no one wants to grind again and most say they will just leave. it's sort of a lose - lose scenario. personally I would like a wipe tho. feel like it would bring a lot of people back even if its for a short time. They can always save the current database as a backup and bring it back if the playerbase really dies but I feel everyone who says they would quit wouldn't. they are all pretty glued 

Yeah but at the same time a lot of people will see it as sort of a "gold rush".. I think most people probably play both Asylum and Oly; so I think it'll draw a lot of the people currently playing Oly over. Especially since Oly can't handle a massive influx of players. Everyone's gonna threaten to leave or whatever but really they're gonna be right back within 2 weeks. 

I'd just make some updates; (It'd be nice to be able to sell skins on the exchange) refine money making methods currently it's just a pain in the ass to make money in small groups or even solo. A lot of these older groups are ruining new player experiences; I had 2 guys come over that just joined the server and I was taking them to Fed. We got ambushed in Pyrgos and they got held up in someone's house so they just left.

All these established players with multi millions can honestly go stick it if they have nothing better to do than to fuck with new players. And at the same time they come around and cry that there's nobody for them to shoot when others can't even get established without running out of money.