Community Meeting

Rogue

17 minutes ago, Actually JP said:

All these established players with multi millions can honestly go stick it if they have nothing better to do than to fuck with new players. And at the same time they come around and cry that there's nobody for them to shoot when others can't even get established without running out of money.

Not all of us sit around and fuck with new players though. I can name so many people that made their money years ago, and hop on occasionally to fight cartels or cops without having to worry about going and making money. Asylum and arma in general are way past their prime, there will be a major player loss if there’s a wipe, I can guarantee there will be many people who don’t care enough to grind money again in 2022. Maybe it will bring in enough new players to counter that drop in numbers, but even so asylum won’t be the same

Actually JP likes this
36 minutes ago, GravL said:

Not all of us sit around and fuck with new players though. I can name so many people that made their money years ago, and hop on occasionally to fight cartels or cops without having to worry about going and making money. Asylum and arma in general are way past their prime, there will be a major player loss if there’s a wipe, I can guarantee there will be many people who don’t care enough to grind money again in 2022. Maybe it will bring in enough new players to counter that drop in numbers, but even so asylum won’t be the same

we don't need a wipe we need strife.

GravL likes this
57 minutes ago, GravL said:

its too late for a wipe because people like you were too big of a bitch to try. If the server wiped in 2019/2020 asylum would be thriving again, but again bitches like u ruined it all

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

They can always save the current database as a backup and bring it back if the playerbase really dies but I feel everyone who says they would quit wouldn't. they are all pretty glued 

Unfortunately it's either wipe or no wipe. You can't really have these situations where you say "Oh, we'll restore the database if our player base all leave!" because that just sets a precedent that if the vocal majority kick and scream enough, then things will be reverted. There's probably also a fear that a big decision like that would make regular donators leave the server. And, sadly: $$$ > everything else

Personally, I'm all for a wipe. I'm also totally for a money cap, group member cap, and geo-restricting China or adding a ping cap. Some of those are fairly unpopular opinions, but hey ho.

Actually JP likes this
38 minutes ago, John Lemmon said:

its too late for a wipe because people like you were too big of a bitch to try. If the server wiped in 2019/2020 asylum would be thriving again, but again bitches like u ruined it all

Nigga I don’t play, so “bitches like me” shouldn’t have a say in it. I couldn’t  care less what happens, but it WILL cause a major player loss. Literally all I’m saying. Nobody wants to start over in 2022. I did play 2019/2020 and I would have been completely fine with a wipe, your right asylum would be in a better state if that happened but it’s too late now it’ll only hurt the server more

Honestly if something isn't done a lot more people are going to leave; many people trying to play the server can't even hit 1M bank because we have people like Farmers who just stack people on JetSki's forcing people to get sick of shit real fast.  It's really a now or never as far as wipe goes. Or they can put a 5M bank cap and wipe anything more than 5M. 

I really don't know why the dev/admin has not listened to the playerbase and people getting sick of stupid shit for quite some time. It appear that it's been years and seemingly nothing has been done to rectify the major issues.

Putting a cap on and correcting any banks over 5M shouldn't be more than a 30 minute job in the DB.

Making stupid shit like putting people on JetSki's to sail off to nowhere for 10 Mins should absolutely be against the rules. 

Making some economy changes and moving some things around on the map is a bit more time consuming but there needs to be a balance; IMO drugs are too close to Fort/Cartels and it's not even worth doing them 99% of the time. Or large groups like the Chinese have a solid hold over them and the drug dealers.

It'd be nice to see some Skins that aren't rainbow colored; some actual camouflaged skins would be a great addition. 

Kav drug absolutely needs to be inside a house or something and probably further away from Kav

I'm not 100% sure about adding houses; I've only ever developed modded Exile servers, so I'm not sure if it can or how it could be done for vanilla. But it would be great to see especially for the areas away from towns.

If not I'm sure there will be some people who would be enthused to take over or help develop

20 hours ago, Actually JP said:

Honestly if something isn't done a lot more people are going to leave; many people trying to play the server can't even hit 1M bank because we have people like Farmers who just stack people on JetSki's forcing people to get sick of shit real fast.  It's really a now or never as far as wipe goes. Or they can put a 5M bank cap and wipe anything more than 5M. 

I really don't know why the dev/admin has not listened to the playerbase and people getting sick of stupid shit for quite some time. It appear that it's been years and seemingly nothing has been done to rectify the major issues.

Putting a cap on and correcting any banks over 5M shouldn't be more than a 30 minute job in the DB.

Making stupid shit like putting people on JetSki's to sail off to nowhere for 10 Mins should absolutely be against the rules. 

Making some economy changes and moving some things around on the map is a bit more time consuming but there needs to be a balance; IMO drugs are too close to Fort/Cartels and it's not even worth doing them 99% of the time. Or large groups like the Chinese have a solid hold over them and the drug dealers.

It'd be nice to see some Skins that aren't rainbow colored; some actual camouflaged skins would be a great addition. 

Kav drug absolutely needs to be inside a house or something and probably further away from Kav

I'm not 100% sure about adding houses; I've only ever developed modded Exile servers, so I'm not sure if it can or how it could be done for vanilla. But it would be great to see especially for the areas away from towns.

If not I'm sure there will be some people who would be enthused to take over or help develop

A money cap was attempted years ago in an infamous patch called 6.0 and was nearly immediately met with an unreal amount of hostility. It took Asylum years to remove it. If you would like advice on how to get yourself ahead without getting constantly fucked with by the more established gangs feel free to DM me as I do believe that bridging the gap between the new player and the veteran is something that Asylum does truly need but not in the manner you mention. If they were to wipe the same gangs you get robbed/killed/griefed by would ultimately put themselves in the same position shortly after as they have thousands of hours of experience in tandem with their money. I'm sure there would inevitably be some difference in terms of who gets to the top but it really would be mostly the same.

If you want to push yourself forward you either have to join an established gang or have the persistence build one with your friends or start by yourself.  I understand your frustration, but being new to Arma or at least Asylum is one of the best gaming experiences I ever had, and I envy you for that lmao

GravL likes this
1 hour ago, Steve said:

If you would like advice on how to get yourself ahead without getting constantly fucked with by the more established gangs feel free to DM me as I do believe that bridging the gap between the new player and the veteran is something that Asylum does truly need

+1, Steve is the Arma Ambassador, the Cartel Connoisseur, the Money Magician

but fr this man has helped so many people including myself get better acquainted with the server and/or gang life

5 hours ago, Steve said:

A money cap was attempted years ago in an infamous patch called 6.0 and was nearly immediately met with an unreal amount of hostility.

I'll still never understand why. Do people really prefer the passive money making we have now compared to 6.0?

16 hours ago, Cre said:

I'll still never understand why. Do people really prefer the passive money making we have now compared to 6.0?

I would say yes only because its the lesser of 2 evils. However I do agree that the passive money making is horrible for the economy I don't think wiping the server is the solution.

I think what is ultimately necessary if they haven't moved towards it already is implementing as many new money sinks as possible that are somehow enticing enough for people to spend a large portion of their $ on it. Though I admit this is obviously far easier said then done. Additionally, nerfing passive money making to put meth at the top of the economy is what is truly needed. I really don't think the higher federal event payouts are breaking the economy as I've seen some people suggest in the past. A third large hit to Asylums economy in the long term is the lack of police presence. I assure you that one thing that would genuinely help in the long term is enough cops playing to keep it at a minimum 10 cops online at all times. In the short run this would likely piss some of the people off that play at night to not get caught running drugs. However in the long run, you would see the overall server population in these times go up as there's more action to be had. For years I was able to log on with my friends at nearly any time on any day and we could go fight the cops in a federal event and have a pretty high amount of cops to fight against. What this also does though is stop more what would be borderline "free" drug runs at 2 AM. If you get caught on 1/3rd of your runs that's a lot less money put in the economy. Even if the cops slow you down at meth lab while you fight 3 of them it still puts a dent in your $/hour.