If you're able to buy RPGs and Grenades why not Grenade launcher ammo? Lets talk about it

Savage.

5 hours ago, TheAceSavage said:

Make it a reasonable price though 

Only rebels can purchase them 

If this becomes a thing then APD should get them to launch flashbangs. Just to give you a good reason why maybe this isn't a good idea at all. The under barrel launchers allow you to lob grenades a much farther distance than just throwing them which shouldn't be a luxury anybody can have.

I may be okay with seeing this if they only allow smoke grenades however. Would be a reasonable game changer to some combat situations.

Edited by Repto
Added smoke grenade portion...
8 hours ago, Repto said:

If this becomes a thing then APD should get them to launch flashbangs. Just to give you a good reason why maybe this isn't a good idea at all. The under barrel launchers allow you to lob grenades a much farther distance than just throwing them which shouldn't be a luxury anybody can have.

I may be okay with seeing this if they only allow smoke grenades however. Would be a reasonable game changer to some combat situations.

Even if the APD were able to get a flashbangs for the launcher it should be more expensive then that actual hand flashbangs making a kit much more expensive, and how any officers run around with flashbangs in general? Not many at all bc they’re expensive just to die with the only time they get pulled is with raids/barricaded or in a rare situation of a fed event and plus let’s look at it this way how many APD members can actually pull out and under barrel gun? Corporal+ Not many Corporal+ even get on through out the week at least from what I’ve seen except maybe 3-4 of you  

4 hours ago, TheAceSavage said:

Even if the APD were able to get a flashbangs for the launcher it should be more expensive then that actual hand flashbangs making a kit much more expensive, and how any officers run around with flashbangs in general? Not many at all bc they’re expensive just to die with the only time they get pulled is with raids/barricaded or in a rare situation of a fed event and plus let’s look at it this way how many APD members can actually pull out and under barrel gun? Corporal+ Not many Corporal+ even get on through out the week at least from what I’ve seen except maybe 3-4 of you  

I use the under barrel as meme. It isn’t worth it. I have a lineup for top of bank roof. But other than that they’re useless. Maybe if they acted more like tear gas but that’s a bit broken isn’t it.

2 hours ago, Austin M said:

I use the under barrel as meme. It isn’t worth it. I have a lineup for top of bank roof. But other than that they’re useless. Maybe if they acted more like tear gas but that’s a bit broken isn’t it.

Exactly my point, you make the 40mm more expensive then a nade and i promise that no one will waste that much money on buying them per kit. It may be spammed for the first couple of weeks as a fun new edition, but over all everyone will put it on the back burner and only use it as a meme  

3 hours ago, TheAceSavage said:

Exactly my point, you make the 40mm more expensive then a nade and i promise that no one will waste that much money on buying them per kit. It may be spammed for the first couple of weeks as a fun new edition, but over all everyone will put it on the back burner and only use it as a meme  

then you would see literally everyone using them and lobing 40mm grenades constantly.People are quite rich nowadays

52 minutes ago, Defragments said:

I don't know if you understand how good a grenade launcher is compared to a grenade

I don't think you realize that 2 40mm would cost a kit or 1 alone could considering how OP they could be (If the price was set accordingly to them) the rich wouldn't be spamming them every kit not even the richest person on the server aka (leroy) wouldn't spend that much on every kit/death as I asked him specifically what his thoughts on it were. But hey only the old heads would know better right?

Edited by TheAceSavage
41 minutes ago, TheAceSavage said:

I don't think you realize that 2 40mm would cost a kit or 1 alone could considering how OP they could be (If the price was set accordingly to them) the rich wouldn't be spamming them every kit not even the richest person on the server aka (leroy) wouldn't spend that much on every kit/death as I asked him specifically what his thoughts on it were. But hey only the old heads would know better right?

the person you are referring to is extremely knowing for spending absolutely no money at all.Also you can cover your entire week losses by 1 nice round of domination.A mk1 kit without any cuts is around 25k.I can get hundreds of loadouts with my remaining BM and i have not played for well over 6-7 months 

5 minutes ago, Good Lub said:

the person you are referring to is extremely knowing for spending absolutely no money at all.Also you can cover your entire week losses by 1 nice round of domination.A mk1 kit without any cuts is around 25k.I can get hundreds of loadouts with my remaining BM and i have not played for well over 6-7 months 

How many people play dom? Absolutely no one even when dom was brought up during this community meeting everyone wanted to move past it because no one cared for it 

1 hour ago, TheAceSavage said:

Set the price too high, it will never get used. Set it within a reasonable price range, good luck playing against it. Even if it's on the more expensive side, it will get used and it is super strong. I doubt they will ever add it to this server. I hope I don't get proven wrong either, because I've used grenade launchers a lot on KoTH and they are op.

Savage. likes this

After some testing, I've found that its just simply too strong. 
The ability to lob a 40mm into a deer stand from hundreds of meters away while hiding behind a rock, and killing someone is hard to put a price on. I could see us giving out a small limited number of grenade launcher ammo for completing quests or perhaps a very small chance of it showing up in evidence lockup. But for now we won't be adding noob tubes to the server

Savage. likes this