Revision to Potential Drone Addition to APD

Repto

This is more of a counter suggestion to the recently denied suggestion here.

It certainly would be nice to see another addition that allows the subtle implementation of unmanned units into the asylum environment, something like the ED-1E. While the current AR-2 Darter drone is awesome when used correctly, even that has it's limits and restrictions. All the same with the UGV being suggested here. Both countering each others limits while still having the same ones vice versa.

Compared to having a literal UAV predator drone scouring the skies, this is just a harmless robot with an extending arm and a camera. Can be given to Sergeant+ alongside the current AR-2 Darter. This little robot being easy to spot and easy to destroy, I feel it's a much more fair and balanced addition that can be used. Can just be used as another recon tool that can sneak into federal events for information, or if you allow the ED-1E UGV to be able to interact with the probe to disarm drills/laptops/bombs then it would still fairly allow the APD to have a 3rd form of engagement called infiltration, seems like a skill issue if you manage to let a weak little robot sneak past your numbers after all. Compared to the options we have now of all out assaulting these events or trying are best just to keep a foothold.

6cf8ad9743740602404ac2e6cfafbb73.jpg05e261e2353a68592aa708bf8e0cff5e.jpg1be025a42b6949a6630159942426d5fa.jpg

Edited by Repto
18 minutes ago, Repto said:

It certainly would be nice to see another addition that allows the subtle implementation of unmanned units into the asylum environment, something like the ED-1E. While the current AR-2 Darter drone is awesome when used correctly, even that has it's limits and restrictions. All the same with the UGV being suggested here. Both countering each others limits while still having the same ones vice versa.

Compared to having a literal UAV predator drone scouring the skies, this is just a harmless robot with an extending arm and a camera. Can be given to Sergeant+ alongside the current AR-2 Darter. This little robot being easy to spot and easy to destroy, I feel it's a much more fair and balanced addition that can be used. Can just be used as another recon tool that can sneak into federal events for information, or if you allow the ED-1E UGV to be able to interact with the probe to disarm drills/laptops/bombs then it would still fairly allow the APD to have a 3rd form of engagement called infiltration, seems like a skill issue if you manage to let a weak little robot sneak past your numbers after all. Compared to the options we have now of all out assaulting these events or trying are best just to keep a foothold.

6cf8ad9743740602404ac2e6cfafbb73.jpg05e261e2353a68592aa708bf8e0cff5e.jpg1be025a42b6949a6630159942426d5fa.jpg

Very reasonable and realistic suggestion. I'm not opposed at all so long as it is regulated enough to prevent abusing it to create a significant imbalance.

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
9 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Very reasonable and realistic suggestion. I'm not opposed at all so long as it is regulated enough to prevent abusing it to create a significant imbalance.

I would only really expect the same drone restrictions that we have now. Obviously treat it as if it is you when it's used so no camping it in redzones or federal event area's. Plus as underused as drones are already I doubt there will be much worry about having to deal with 3 - 4 of these at the same time ever.

3 minutes ago, Repto said:

I would only really expect the same drone restrictions that we have now. Obviously treat it as if it is you when it's used so no camping it in redzones or federal event area's. Plus as underused as drones are already I doubt there will be much worry about having to deal with 3 - 4 of these at the same time ever.

There are some people who definitely use 3-4 drones simultaneously which is why I suggested this would need to be regulated to hinder further imbalance. Otherwise it is a brilliant idea.

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
5 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

I'm not interested in derailing the thread, especially since it's actually a decent and fair suggestion. However, if you want to discuss that privately I'd be happy to.

Thanks for the consideration there and despite the easy solution existing that potato mentioned I do understand your worry as well. Anything can happen and we can never really know until it happens.

Lol I'm guilty of buying 3 - 4 in under a minute or so  though because I either crash the first 3 right away messing around or some other officers decide its funny to walk on them when I deploy them but I've never really noticed a bunch out at one time before.

/|/|0T4RD likes this
On 8/18/2022 at 9:12 PM, Repto said:

this would be instantly seen and shot once and destroyed before it can even get close to any fed event lol, might be good if u know how to use it tho

11 hours ago, lukee said:

this would be instantly seen and shot once and destroyed before it can even get close to any fed event lol, might be good if u know how to use it tho

That's still kind of the point. Not adding a big advantage to give but more of a possibility that could succeed mainly out of pure luck lol.

/|/|0T4RD likes this
  • 1 month later...