Bounty Hunter Rework

Beyond

After playing many hours as a BH, I had a few insights I’d just like to bounce off the higher ups. 

-Make the penalty for using BH weapons on police more severe.

Most players I’ve seen use BHShop for downing cops and as a kidnapping tool instead of the purpose of the job. I had interactions with cops where the worst that would happen after I shot at them was a temporary loss of license. (Maybe add a temporary ban on the BH license for a certain amount of minutes/hour/days. Time limit is above my pay grade so I leave that to you guys to discuss if you see merit in that. Alternatively, a more expensive charge for BHs who interfere in police business as a deterrence. “Operating under false pretenses, Bounty Hunter Fraud, etc”

-Informants, snitches, tracking

When hunting established players, a red circle on the other side of the map is almost a guarantee that they are not going to be there. The solutions I’ve heard from other BHs are essentially exploits to get around the game’s timers.

“Just drop the bounty and reacquire it” (this doesn’t work during peak hours, shouldn’t need an exploit to be an effective tracker over distance. Though this one is tricky as if I was a high bounty rebel I wouldn’t want a BH getting scans of my location every 30 seconds.)

“Use track fugitive” (Only valuable when target isn’t airborne or committing suicide every 10 mins to respawn fast travel, aka on foot/car)

“Just camp wherever they keep respawning” bitch made. If I wanted to sit outside someone’s building and wait to engage a naked I’d play rust. I want a good fight, and I imagine a lot of established players wouldn’t take kindly to respawning into restraints with basically no rp reason other than “I have ur bounty”, especially if they’re in the middle of an event. 

Potential solutions

Set tracking circles to disappear if target goes airborne for more than two minutes or crosses 8km, give notification on corner if target dies then reset tracker on a delay to give the target a fair chance (not everybody watches the feed especially when it’s booming), rebalance tracking to encompass a much wider area, but update more frequently, or set “active target” where one bounty gets more of these benefits than the rest. 

- Difficulty

Give BHs a warning if a target is

1. In a group

2. In a gang

Most of this information is common knowledge amongst players in regards to 2, but a solo BH may have no idea what they’re walking into. A simple annotation next to the “1 key menu” on the APD bounty list would do. It would give players a realistic idea of how attainable a bounty is. I considered saying a rough estimate of gear cost, but that’s kinda OP. “naked hunting”

-BOUNTY SELECTION

By far, this would be the best QOL function for BHs. The ability to hold more bounties, or the ability to drop them quicker. It was initially very tough to play BH when all of my bounties were DHs (no shade, y’all just got a lot of shooters) or high value targets in large groups with no ability to change focus accept by one at a time. During peak hours, this isn’t too horrible but if you’ve got 3 500k bounties with 10 gang members, cycling that one bounty every 5 minutes is a heartbreaker when it’s another gang member.

I think a really easy fix would be allowing the clearance of a single bounty every 2.5-3 minutes, with a “full clear” option at the Skiptracer base.

Other than that, playing BH has generally been a pleasure even though inner cities hate my kind. I’ve been kidnapped, burned alive, firing squadded, and sold into sex slavery, but through it all it was almost always for the RP and I’ve had some laughs. I’m sure I could think of more if I had an open discussion with someone interested, but for now thanks for hearing a few suggestions from the least valued profession. 

-Rmwil

3 hours ago, Beyond said:

A corporal or above can revoke a license for an entire restart if the bounty Hunter either kidnaps someone or uses a spar 16 against an apd officer.

There is also a new charge for abuse of a bounty Hunter weapon which equates to a $7500 charge.

Edited by Austin M
Beyond and Polar like this

A remote tracking feature might not be bad if it came with Master Crusader and could only be used once every 10 minutes or so. This would be helpful to bounty hunters without being OP.

Pretty much everything you said is shit, though. Bounty hunters don’t need more trouble with cops in order to make them actually hunt bounties. That’s nonsensical. It will just kill the idea of using BH kits. Bounty hunting itself just needs to be better and a more desiresble thing to do. This is why I’m against the idea of adding a rebel talent tree/version of the honor system. It would deliver the final blow to being a BH and render it obsolete.

Edited by Trioxide
Beyond likes this
3 hours ago, Trioxide said:

A remote tracking feature might not be bad if it came with Master Crusader and could only be used once every 10 minutes or so. This would be helpful to bounty hunters without being OP.

Pretty much everything you said is shit, though. Bounty hunters don’t need more trouble with cops in order to make them actually hunt bounties. That’s nonsensical. It will just kill the idea of using BH kits. Bounty hunting itself just needs to be better and a more desiresble thing to do. This is why I’m against the idea of adding a rebel talent tree/version of the honor system. It would deliver the final blow to being a BH and render it obsolete.

Yeah well just trying to throw some ideas, glad we agree it needs to be better/more desirable though

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:28 PM, Beyond said:

Give BHs a warning if a target is

1. In a group

2. In a gang

Most of this information is common knowledge amongst players in regards to 2, but a solo BH may have no idea what they’re walking into. A simple annotation next to the “1 key menu” on the APD bounty list would do. It would give players a realistic idea of how attainable a bounty is. I considered saying a rough estimate of gear cost, but that’s kinda OP. “naked hunting”

When you're in-game, you can hold Zero and it shows you everyone that's in a group/gang if there's more than one of them on.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2022 at 2:28 AM, Beyond said:

We could talk about this but i don't really see the need for this

On 8/21/2022 at 2:28 AM, Beyond said:

-Informants, snitches, tracking

I will look into the flying in a helicopter part of bounty hunting.

Use 0 menu to get all the current players in a group that way you can check whether or not your bounty is working alone or not

Furthermore bh is supposed to be hard, try making some friends in game maybe they can help catch a higher value criminal.