Asylum Fresh Start September 2-4 UPDATED

Boonie Hat

Community Feedback Poll  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Event time

• During the weekend (Saturday - Sunday)
    • During the week

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello everyone,
After looking through the Community Feedback received in the past couple weeks we have decided to run a temporary event on the main server to test the waters. We are going to be picking a weekend to wipe the slate clean for everyone that will allow all new and old players to compete for money & properties on the main server. This means we will switch to a completely new database where all player data will be fresh.

Things being wiped only during the event will be all houses, vehicles, money, honor, prestige, and stats.
The only thing that will not be wiped will be your Donation Level, Asylum Plus, Faction Ranks (APD / AFD), Gang Name, and Gang Members. (Gang Bank, Gang Garage, Gang House will be wiped).

The mailbox system and exchange system will be completely isolated from the Domination and Main Server. You will not be able to claim funds received outside the event server.

After the event is over we will switch back to the main database and everyone will have all their old money, houses, etc. We will be keeping the event database incase the feedback is good and we can run another event.

A suggested idea we received is to give players rewards or titles based off their progression & stats gained during the event period.

Remember, no one is losing anything, all data will be separate from their current player data. This also does not mean we will be wiping the main server in the future either.

An exact date hasn't been determined yet (We hope very very soon), but we will keep you posted.

Please leave your feedback below.

salty.connor, shawn, Junke and 17 others like this

I know a lot of people still see this somewhat pointless to play if it's not going to be a full on legitimate wipe. I understand that but play during their little test and give good player responses and hopefully there will be a real wipe. I don't blame them for not fully committing on the ideas of players who get banned every week for being toxic.

just play during the test wipe, and give good response

28 minutes ago, Boonie Hat said:

Hello everyone,
After looking through the Community Feedback received in the past couple weeks we have decided to run a temporary event on the main server to test the waters. We are going to be picking a weekend to wipe the slate clean for everyone that will allow all new and old players to compete for money & properties on the main server. This means we will switch to a completely new database where all player data will be fresh.

Things being wiped only during the event will be all houses, vehicles, money, honor, prestige, and stats.
The only thing that will not be wiped will be your Donation Level, Asylum Plus, Faction Ranks (APD / AFD), Gang Name, and Gang Members. (Gang Bank, Gang Garage, Gang House will be wiped).

The mailbox system and exchange system will be completely isolated from the Domination and Main Server. You will not be able to claim funds received outside the event server.

After the event is over we will switch back to the main database and everyone will have all their old money, houses, etc. We will be keeping the event database incase the feedback is good and we can run another event.

A suggested idea we received is to give players rewards or titles based off their progression & stats gained during the event period.

Remember, no one is losing anything, all data will be separate from their current player data. This also does not mean we will be wiping the main server in the future either.

An exact date hasn't been determined yet (We hope very very soon), but we will keep you posted.

Please leave your feedback below.

I personally believe a wipe would instantly kill the server IF there is no other new content that will be released WITH the wipe

BigTiddyGothGirl likes this

just my opinion but who wants to go and grind on a fresh start when you going to loose everything you earn in a couple days because its just a temporary test. everyone is just going to sit in spawn towns and rat while the event is up. might as well make it asylum koth in athira would probably play out the same.

Edited by WingWong
5 minutes ago, WingWong said:

just my opinion but who wants to go and grind on a fresh start when you going to loose everything you earn in a couple days because its just a temporary test. everyone is just going to sit in spawn towns and rat while the event is up.

2 minutes ago, halfdrunkhero said:

This. It's like an extended domination with no real rewards. I say go all in or don't do it at all. I know I wouldn't play that weekend at all. 

1 minute ago, Colin. said:

+1

v

v

v

50 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

I know a lot of people still see this somewhat pointless to play if it's not going to be a full on legitimate wipe. I understand that but play during their little test and give good player responses and hopefully there will be a real wipe. I don't blame them for not fully committing on the ideas of players who get banned every week for being toxic.

just play during the test wipe, and give good response

get over it, you honestly cant blame them for not fully committing to this.

1 minute ago, 王 rando 王 said:

v

v

v

get over it, you honestly cant blame them for not fully committing to this.

you cant say that you want to get on for 3 days and go and farm drugs or something buy good houses and have a good time then be forced to go back to playing normal old server. if you think this you have some serious mental issues.

Just now, WingWong said:

i do too but its the honest truth that nobody is going to grind or even really play it unless they are asylum fanboys

if it means they'll do a real wipe afterwards then yes, ill do some drug runs and have some rook banger battles in redzones for 3 days. probably would be more fun than what there is to do on the server right now.

11 minutes ago, WingWong said:

agreed, and plz no take houses

the only way i can get behind not wiping houses is if they implement a housing upkeep to prevent house hoarding for years by inactive players

here is the perfect solution to that problem however asylum's #1 developer called it "electric bills" and denied it instantly.

5 minutes ago, Father Juul :( said:

leave the houses alone ...
Also how will this affect dom? will we have cash to fight without having to grind before 3pm?

Definitely need a poll or something to see how many people would actually want a wipe instead of wasting a weekend to see if people join during the event.

Just now, BLOTTER said:

Definitely need a poll or something to see how many people would actually want a wipe instead of wasting a weekend to see if people join during the event.

That or maybe add content to the server to get old players and maybe some new players to join up because we all know the server has been dying :(

GravL likes this
6 minutes ago, thero said:

Either wipe it or don't wipe it, I don't think a trial phase will work well because nobody is going to want to do a fresh start if its not guaranteed to be permanent. Do a poll first and get an idea of who would actually be in favor of a wipe. I think it's a good idea especially with the mass unban wave. 

2 minutes ago, BLOTTER said:

This, should put out a poll and give it 3 days to a week and whatever the most popular final result is happens, whether that be wipe or no wipe

thero and BLOTTER like this

If your going to do this will Domination money be wiped? If so I think it is quite dumb and doesnt make sense. Like Walt said doing a "event" wipe is pointless and you either wipe fully or dont wipe at all. I think it would be bad 2 wipe as arma is a dying game and will cause a lot of people to leave.

1 hour ago, thero said:

Either wipe it or don't wipe it, I don't think a trial phase will work well because nobody is going to want to do a fresh start if its not guaranteed to be permanent. Do a poll first and get an idea of who would actually be in favor of a wipe. I think it's a good idea especially with the mass unban wave. 

2 hours ago, WingWong said:

you cant say that you want to get on for 3 days and go and farm drugs or something buy good houses and have a good time then be forced to go back to playing normal old server. if you think this you have some serious mental issues.

Those of us that want to help the server/care about the servers longevity will do this. It's a important test run. 

王 rando 王 likes this