Wipe event feedback thread

59 minutes ago, xFatalx said:

L take server pop already dying down

lol I gave the wipe a chance. Shocker, I hated it. Nothing better than sitting on ur phone why u gather for hours. hard pass on the wipe for me and if you look whos actually playing it was nv, ds, and the admin group last night. Server pop already down to the 50's and its killed it for me. Imma play dom but im not going to play the main server the rest of the weekend. I really hope this wipe don't go through cuz im not making money again

Its also mid day for some people and some people work weekends, lots of players are different timezones and at mid day EST we had more players than prime time all last week

18 minutes ago, xFatalx said:

lol I gave the wipe a chance. Shocker, I hated it. Nothing better than sitting on ur phone why u gather for hours. hard pass on the wipe for me and if you look whos actually playing it was nv, ds, and the admin group last night. Server pop already down to the 50's and its killed it for me. Imma play dom but im not going to play the main server the rest of the weekend. I really hope this wipe don't go through cuz im not making money again

ab2e084d0794d593c1213bce96e9d66d.png

why is this a common theme, all people who dont want the wipe are new gen players.. you have never had to experience actually making money on asylum so you have no idea what the server is like, you joined the server when 50-70% of the content was useless.

All you new gen players don't have friends or a gang to survive on a wipe with people who actually know what they are doing thats why you wanna keep all the money you AFKed so you con continue to AFK, understandable that you are afraid an dont want a wipe. 😂

544heu, Witz, GravL and 1 other like this

Server is fine with a wipe. I agree with @Dillonall the kinks will buff out in due time if we can atleast get a content update with the wipe. I am speaking from the perspective of someone who was in opposition of a wipe. I was salty af when I first  logged in, but I soon realized that if you're complaining about an econ wipe you were probably just buying money or you were a seed warrior with money left over after it was removed.

Not sure why cops are crying when you get a free loadout, and you have nothing to lose if you don't spend any money. If you do, you lose considerably less money than rebels. Maybe some of you should have spent some time on rebel spending your money instead of hoarding and selling.

Stop being pussies guys. Many of you pointed out you have lives and a job. I do aswell. The server was about ten hours into a wipe before I got off work and logged in. Took me about fifteen minutes to make enough money to quadruple my income or buy a loadout. All I'm saying is, don't knock it before you try it. There is still prime real estate to purchase, there's plenty of fights to be had everywhere, plenty of people to rob. Get on the server, make the money for an hour or two, buy what you want, then come complain.

Kraken likes this

Keep the wipe permanent ! I'd definitely start playing again was pretty boring to me beforehand. 

This wipe gave the ability for all the people who are active and want to be active the chance to buy the houses they wanted and prevented those who log in once a month to keep their houses. 

Edited by heater
4 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

There should be a permanent wipe, but the server should be wiped again for it. The devs made it really unclear whether or not the test data would continue to be used should there be an actual wipe.

bro get on the server and make some money first I will help you there is plenty of shit to be bought I'm still finding ridiculous hoses I can't buy because my house list is full

23 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

ab2e084d0794d593c1213bce96e9d66d.png

why is this a common theme, all people who dont want the wipe are new gen players.. you have never had to experience actually making money on asylum so you have no idea what the server is like, you joined the server when 50-70% of the content was useless.

All you new gen players don't have friends or a gang to survive on a wipe with people who actually know what they are doing thats why you wanna keep all the money you AFKed so you con continue to AFK, understandable that you are afraid an dont want a wipe. 😂

lol def got a gang and people to grind with. just wanna fight people don't wanna just sit and grind money. shit boring to me

Just now, Wang Liqin said:

Did you ever actually make money on the asylum? have you ever did a big meth run with cops opposing you?

If you wanna just fight people go wasteland or koth lil bro

yea I have run drugs meth coke and everything and fought people and been robbed. like 6 people each side in a 3 way fight. I legit just wanna fight cartels and fed its all thats fun to me and starting over isnt.

I see some people who are for the wipe saying that there are better interactions and so on and that is true but the problem is that it's just temporary. There is no point in wiping the server once and have it go back to the way it is right now in a month or so. Personally I think if the devs are going to wipe the server, they need to have continuous wipes after a certain amount of time or don't wipe the server at all. For me and my friends, we just get on to have fun and mess around. I have done my grinding years ago and I'm not about to do it again. I honestly don't even have the time to grind again but even if I did have the time, I wouldn't do it. Also isn't that the point of grinding a bunch, so you can get lots of money and then go have fun? 

Also something to think about is that a lot of the server pop seems like veterans to me (I'm sure the devs will know if this is true or not) so they have already done the grind years ago and they are older now. They are starting to get into the real world, so they aren't going to have time to grind and get back to where they were. Personally I think a wipe will be the nail in the coffin for this server unless the devs add new content that is actually game changing (I understand this isn't easy). 

Anyway that's my two cents on the matter. 

Just now, xFatalx said:

yea I have run drugs meth coke and everything and fought people and been robbed. like 6 people each side in a 3 way fight. I legit just wanna fight cartels and fed its all thats fun to me and starting over isnt.

Well sadly what you describe isn't what Asylum Altis Life is all about 🤷‍♀️ At this rate Envy would be sitting back comfortable with all our money back after a couple weeks. IMO it needs to wipe AND be harder to make money 😂 Any experienced player or group should have no issue

Just now, James Barr said:

I see some people who are for the wipe saying that there are better interactions and so on and that is true but the problem is that it's just temporary. There is no point in wiping the server once and have it go back to the way it is right now in a month or so. Personally I think if the devs are going to wipe the server, they need to have continuous wipes after a certain amount of time or don't wipe the server at all. For me and my friends, we just get on to have fun and mess around. I have done my grinding years ago and I'm not about to do it again. I honestly don't even have the time to grind again but even if I did have the time, I wouldn't do it. Also isn't that the point of grinding a bunch, so you can get lots of money and then go have fun? 

Also something to think about is that a lot of the server pop seems like veterans to me (I'm sure the devs will know if this is true or not) so they have already done the grind years ago and they are older now. They are starting to get into the real world, so they aren't going to have time to grind and get back to where they were. Personally I think a wipe will be the nail in the coffin for this server unless the devs add new content that is actually game changing (I understand this isn't easy). 

Anyway that's my two cents on the matter. 

To most of our understandings, the database that is live on main right now is the database that will be used

1 minute ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

buy money then? what else are you proposing? I know you probably never had to spam into an Asylum server before, but I thought for a second we got close to it last night for the first time in several years and I know for a FACT if people hated what was going on, especially OG players like me, we would not be playing

that second will last one month. tom said nv already made 10 mil server in 2 months will be right back where it was lol. rather have them make some new content, new things to spend money on, and make cartels and fights more interesting

Just now, xFatalx said:

that second will last one month. tom said nv already made 10 mil server in 2 months will be right back where it was lol. rather have them make some new content, new things to spend money on, and make cartels and fights more interesting

We are asking for new content aswell. The majority of the community seems to agree new content is needed. I'm not sure how that alone would increase server population though. The last time we got new content years ago it did nothing for the server. The update before that barely boosted server pop either. New content gets old quick and people will always be wanting more. The devs and managers know that. I'm assuming this is why it's always very delayed. However, updated content with a wipe makes the server fresh

56 minutes ago, xFatalx said:

You do realize it’s early in the morning for everyone. 

37 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

bro get on the server and make some money first I will help you there is plenty of shit to be bought I'm still finding ridiculous hoses I can't buy because my house list is full

I know, but it should still be wiped again. It's unfair to the people who had to work on Friday, and to the people who had no clue that this would actually be the new server data. Idk, that's just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

I know, but it should still be wiped again. It's unfair to the people who had to work on Friday, and to the people who had no clue that this would actually be the new server data. Idk, that's just my opinion.

You have a good point and I definitely felt the same way when I logged in after work but I quickly found out that the playing field was still very even. The people who didn't login when they could are the ones missing out and there's nothing unfair about that. I'm sure almost no one in the community has a 24 hour job

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
11 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

You have a good point and I definitely felt the same way when I logged in after work but I quickly found out that the playing field was still very even. The people who didn't login when they could are the ones missing out and there's nothing unfair about that. I'm sure almost no one in the community has a 24 hour job

I don't think they ever planned to use the test data, but the handfull players who snatched up a good shed or two are now advocating that they do that.

Personally, I think they should pick a Saturday or Sunday to start the wipe, and announce the date ahead of time (give players a week or so). I think everyone would be happy this way. Even the players who already got good houses during the test event would have the same chance of getting good, or even better houses. It's the only way that makes sense tbh, everyone wants a chance to have a good start.

Gesloten and xFatalx like this
3 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

I don't think they ever planned to use the test data, but the handfull players who snatched up a good shed or two are now advocating that they do that.

Personally, I think they should pick a Saturday or Sunday to start the wipe, and announce the date ahead of time (give players a week or so). I think everyone would be happy this way. Even the players who already got good houses during the test event would have the same chance of getting good, or even better houses. It's the only way that makes sense tbh, everyone wants a chance to have a good start.

0f5525313c7e001de6569f673670b7d3.png That is a quote from Booniehat when the test was initially announced

17 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

0f5525313c7e001de6569f673670b7d3.png That is a quote from Booniehat when the test was initially announced

Yeah, event, not main server wipe.

11 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Yea and I certainly think two consecutive wipes would have a negative impact on the server. I agree it should have been done on an actual weekend day as initially implied but the damage is already done. So many people have actually been on the server playing and grinding that there's no point in having another full wipe.

It's only two days tbf

3 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

yea that same post originally said the wipe would be on Saturday and Sunday then someone decided nope let's do it in the middle of a workday on Friday. big lame on that regard.

also some takeaways for a future wipe:

• during the first day default cop loadouts shouldn't be level 2 tactical vests and spar 16s when every other person can only buy at most 2 pdws with their starting money

• have a very clear date and time on when the wipe is to occur. having it established at least a week prior to doing it

I like the wipe. Of course the big cartel groups were going to benefit more from the reset. They rolled over cops so hard for hours that the cops stopped responding to fed events. They made millions very quickly.

Know what? Tough shit. Thats the way it goes, big dogs eat first. Would it have been better to nerf fed events for a week or two while things settled down.....sure. But thats hindsight. Dont like it, get a big cartel gang together and go fight them.

The hierarchy of the island is what it is....deal with it.

That said, please dont wipe a second time. Otherwise this weekend was a waste of time. Let it ride, it will all work itself out.

/|/|0T4RD, Travis. and cHIP oTLE like this
14 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

• during the first day default cop loadouts shouldn't be level 2 tactical vests and spar 16s when every other person can only buy at most 2 pdws with their starting money

Default cop loadouts in the first day are a slash bandolier + a protector because of lack of talent points.

Sandwich likes this
2 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

yea that same post originally said the wipe would be on Saturday and Sunday then someone decided nope let's do it in the middle of a workday on Friday. big lame on that regard.

also some takeaways for a future wipe:

• have a very clear date and time on when the wipe is to occur. having it established at least a week prior to doing it

Wipe the APD too and make them all reapply and do their cadet week and ridealong 😎