Wipe event feedback thread

34 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Wipe the APD too and make them all reapply and do their cadet week and ridealong 😎

We might as well be doing this at the start of a wipe anyway since we all start with Day 1 Cadet gear and that lasts a while depending on how lucky we get or how much we grind day 1. Could last a handful of days depending on the person. So pretty much a shortened Cadet period. It's like that for every rank off the bat too, so pretty much. 

Good 'ol slash bandoliers, protector, no flashes, no defibs, etc 🤣

3 minutes ago, Sandwich said:

We might as well be doing this at the start of a wipe anyway since we all start with Day 1 Cadet gear and that lasts a while depending on how lucky we get or how much we grind day 1. Could last a handful of days depending on the person. So pretty much a shortened Cadet period. It's like that for every rank off the bat too, so pretty much. 

Good 'ol slash bandoliers, protector, no flashes, no defibs, etc 🤣

Yeah. And while we're at it, let's rebalance the game so the APD no longer "require" ifrits

/|/|0T4RD, luke110 and Sandwich like this

The problem with wiping the server is that once everyone makes their money Asylum will be mostly the same, even with economy nerfs.  There isn't a whole lot of new players coming in behind the old ones who are going to grind money too and some of you will endlessly make their experience on Asylum terrible and they will go play something else lol

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

The problem with wiping the server is that once everyone makes their money Asylum will be mostly the same, even with economy nerfs.  There isn't a whole lot of new players coming in behind the old ones who are going to grind money too and some of you will endlessly make their experience on Asylum terrible and they will go play something else lol

If they want new players.

Then make ads or endorse

Sandwich likes this
Just now, FilipinoBusinessman said:

If they want new players.

Then make ads or endorse

Asylum Tiktok Account

-> Asylum Staff creates an Asylum Tiktok Account
-> Puts the forums (or link to server IP) in bio on tiktok
-> Create a reward system where players are encouraged to submit clips that are meme'y/funny/epic
-> Take clips and use basic editing skills to compile them into multiple shorts that can be posted 1-2 times weekly or bi-weekly
-> The best performing clips each month get rewards in game/creates/titles/etc (for incentive)
-> Asylum technically gets free marketing as long as they put a little effort into running a tiktok account

Even with Arma 3 being "dead" a entertaining clip is still and entertaining clip at the end of the day, and knowing tiktok, shit can blow up. 

Foolproof idea that would take extra time of course, but would likely lead to a slightly (or if lucky a big) increase in traffic to the community. 

ez game plan. 

14 minutes ago, Sandwich said:

Asylum Tiktok Account

-> Asylum Staff creates an Asylum Tiktok Account
-> Puts the forums (or link to server IP) in bio on tiktok
-> Create a reward system where players are encouraged to submit clips that are meme'y/funny/epic
-> Take clips and use basic editing skills to compile them into multiple shorts that can be posted 1-2 times weekly or bi-weekly
-> The best performing clips each month get rewards in game/creates/titles/etc (for incentive)
-> Asylum technically gets free marketing as long as they put a little effort into running a tiktok account

Even with Arma 3 being "dead" a entertaining clip is still and entertaining clip at the end of the day, and knowing tiktok, shit can blow up. 

Foolproof idea that would take extra time of course, but would likely lead to a slightly (or if lucky a big) increase in traffic to the community. 

ez game plan. 

Damn yeah tiktok has a lot of users and some of these are gamers you got it point blank 101%

Or they can add yt link for more info😁

We can use hashtag #Asylum #Asylum server

Sandwich likes this

I can live with the wipe. It's hard as hell on solo grinders like me, but I can stomach seeing my mils get axed. What I can't stomach is losing all of my hard earned houses without a fair shot at getting at least one of them back. I see people in this thread suggesting that we keep the data from the temp wipe for the perm wipe. If that happens, lots of players will be getting fucked. By now the kids who decided to run the "temp" wipe already have the good real estate. It would be unethical to advertise a temp wipe only to then make that data permanent. 

Also, as someone said further up, if we do a full on perm wipe the exact hour, timezone, and date need to be relentlessly spammed in game and on forums for at least a week or two so people can plan accordingly. Once these houses get bought up, they will be static again for however many years until the next wipe, and personally,  I don't want to give up Kavala mansion. Take my cash, take my kits, don't give my house to that shitter Human Eater. 

Joe Sha and Bob Danaloo like this
1 hour ago, KPD Captain Brandice said:

I can live with the wipe. It's hard as hell on solo grinders like me, but I can stomach seeing my mils get axed. What I can't stomach is losing all of my hard earned houses without a fair shot at getting at least one of them back. I see people in this thread suggesting that we keep the data from the temp wipe for the perm wipe. If that happens, lots of players will be getting fucked. By now the kids who decided to run the "temp" wipe already have the good real estate. It would be unethical to advertise a temp wipe only to then make that data permanent. 

Also, as someone said further up, if we do a full on perm wipe the exact hour, timezone, and date need to be relentlessly spammed in game and on forums for at least a week or two so people can plan accordingly. Once these houses get bought up, they will be static again for however many years until the next wipe, and personally,  I don't want to give up Kavala mansion. Take my cash, take my kits, don't give my house to that shitter Human Eater. 

My guy.. @Boonie Hat stated in his post the temp database would be used for future wipes, days before the wipe occurred

Edited by /|/|0T4RD

Definitely do a second wipe for the permanent one. This test event was advertised as just that; a test event. Progress during the event was made to seem as if it would be thrown out after it was used for testing purposes. It was definitely not made clear that it might carry over to the permanent wipe. Lots of people didn't play it for that reason. The event seemed unimportant at that level. It would be unfair to keep the progress of the players who did play, especially considering that the one of the reasons most people wanted a wipe is so they could have a chance at getting a previously owned house or two that they wanted.

Wait half a month or so, allow players to get a last bit of enjoyment out of their money and assets, and then re-wipe the server for good. I think a lot of players would appreciate having a little bit of time before losing everything and having to start over, and the ones who made progress during the test won't care about losing it after that little bit of time has passed. It's only two days' worth of progress, anyway. Besides, this doesn't even put them at a disadvantage. They're just being placed on a level playing-field with those who were unable to play during the event but also want a chance of having a good start.

Everyone should be ready to join the newly-wiped server when as soon as it goes up, and grind for a chance to get the house(s) they want. It should be a proper race. No one should get a massive head-start, and no one should miss out due to poor timing/planning/explanation of the event. That's the way it should be done, in my opinion.

Edited by Trioxide

Everyone complaining that this database will be used if the server wipes... there are still 100+ S tier houses available... everywhere.

There are over a dozen 3-crate houses in Atheria right now for market price that were 3+ mill before. There are a bunch of sheds for market price. Drug processing houses that have not been available (or used by anyone) for years. 

It's still he best opportunity for active (or rejoining) players that has ever happened, and as a result I've seen a resurgence of player's that have not played since before Mitch owned the server. It's fantastic.

cHIP oTLE and heater like this

The stats are completely false as to normal game-play. The passive money in Sativa / Indica seeds presented a problem where no one needed to venture out of their home cities. The solution to that was to remove seeds which was accomplished, albeit a bit late. The other unspoken problem is jealousy; the ability to know what every player has financially, created dissention, greed and hatred. Just eliminate the richest list (we all know who won) and removed public bank information from My Gaming Asylum. Also, create a requirement for at least 8 to 10 hours of game-play every month (not afk time,) to retain houses. Then let's get back to the old server and be done with all of the false statistics which have no bearing in day-to-day gaming of normal, established players.

14 minutes ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

The stats are completely false as to normal game-play. The passive money in Sativa / Indica seeds presented a problem where no one needed to venture out of their home cities. The solution to that was to remove seeds which was accomplished, albeit a bit late. The other unspoken problem is jealousy; the ability to know what every player has financially, created dissention, greed and hatred. Just eliminate the richest list (we all know who won) and removed public bank information from My Gaming Asylum. Also, create a requirement for at least 8 to 10 hours of game-play every month (not afk time,) to retain houses. Then let's get back to the old server and be done with all of the false statistics which have no bearing in day-to-day gaming of normal, established players.

Farmersville won because DH is poor

luke110, TNT, Leroy Jenkins and 1 other like this
2 hours ago, Trioxide said:

Definitely do a second wipe for the permanent one. This test event was advertised as just that; a test event. Progress during the event was made to seem as if it would be thrown out after it was used for testing purposes. It was definitely not made clear that it might carry over to the permanent wipe. Lots of people didn't play it for that reason. The event seemed unimportant at that level. It would be unfair to keep the progress of the players who did play, especially considering that the one of the reasons most people wanted a wipe is so they could have a chance at getting a previously owned house or two that they wanted.

someone def has to clarify this, because I have seen "veterans" no-lifing this fresh server like the data would be transfered and progress will be used if a real wipe happens. Like Trioxide says, no one ever made this clear, this fresh server was not even planned or announced a week before its release, not even 3 days, the release time was really bad, wasn't it like at 11AM EST? most people are working at that time, etc. Just learn from this EVENT (bc thats what it was meant to be) and do a real wipe in like a month or something.

Edited by Hakeem
edit
3 hours ago, Travis. said:

Everyone complaining that this database will be used if the server wipes... there are still 100+ S tier houses available... everywhere.

There are over a dozen 3-crate houses in Atheria right now for market price that were 3+ mill before. There are a bunch of sheds for market price. Drug processing houses that have not been available (or used by anyone) for years. 

It's still he best opportunity for active (or rejoining) players that has ever happened, and as a result I've seen a resurgence of player's that have not played since before Mitch owned the server. It's fantastic.

+1 All the people complaining were the people locking down houses for no one to grab the server stats are phenomenal introducing an abundant of unique players too that may leave if the server gets reverted back to the old save. 

/|/|0T4RD and Travis. like this

Lot of us spent hours in the server. Time is gold.

Lets just stay in the current situation

We dont need to go back again and grind for god sake if the server will die accept the faith. No forever in this world. Even ragnarok the most popular rpg before died too we need new content and new things to do

/|/|0T4RD and Alex. like this

*Purge event (cops medic factions is closed for hours no initation needed you can. Kill anyone, put timer)

*add hvt randomly to 100k+ bounty person. If they got killed you can get like 50k to 100k rewards to the killer (the money will deduct from their bank acc) so they must hide or call their friends to protect them they cant log off they will get reported.

Long last 1hr can track them.. so even they hide in their house.

I like the Idea. But I feel that if you want to keep old players you're going to need to give more starting money like 50k or more, and atleast maybe 1 or 2 more talent points. I believe cops should also start with more talent points. Just like many other players, I was discouraged with the wipe because I had just stocked up my houses with about 500K worth of kits the night before. I think the best move for this would be to give about a weeks notice before the wipe so that people can then run through their stock and use everything they have. Like a purge.

Edited by Dannerzz
Sandwich likes this
8 hours ago, Trioxide said:

Wait half a month or so, allow players to get a last bit of enjoyment out of their money and assets, and then re-wipe the server for good. I think a lot of players would appreciate having a little bit of time before losing everything and having to start over, and the ones who made progress during the test won't care about losing it after that little bit of time has passed. It's only two days' worth of progress, anyway. Besides, this doesn't even put them at a disadvantage. They are just being placed on a level playing-field with those who were unable to play during the event but also want a chance of having a good start.

Everyone should be ready to join the newly-wiped server when as soon as it goes up, and grind for a chance to get the house(s) they want. It should be a proper race. No one should get a massive head-start. That's the way it should be done, in my opinion.

Everything you said that was not made clear was made VERY clear on the announcement, People wanting to get houses they previously wanted is in some fashion one of the many reasons wipe was needed.. to shake up the real estate. People complains that it was not in a convenient timing for when they can get on must understand that life does not rotate around them. Just my personal thoughts, no shade intended. I could be wrong but it is how i feel. 

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
13 minutes ago, Natha said:

Everything you said that was not made clear was made VERY clear on the announcement, People wanting to get houses they previously wanted is in some fashion one of the many reasons wipe was needed.. to shake up the real estate. People complains that it was not in a convenient timing for when they can get on must understand that life does not rotate around them. Just my personal thoughts, no shade intended. I could be wrong but it is how i feel. 

I was one who complained about not being able to find houses I wanted before I actually logged in and tried also. Now my real estate list is full of prime locations. Just goes to show you who is actually playing and supporting the server and who is trying to drag it down with their jealousy and greed. Like @Travis.said, right this very second there are sheds and 3C's for sale at market price, in prime locations all over the map. There is no reason for these people to be on here talking about they didn't have a fair chance.

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
Travis. and Natha like this
1 hour ago, Natha said:

Everything you said that was not made clear was made VERY clear on the announcement

It WASN’T, though. Show me where anyone said that progress during the event may carry over to the main database should there be a permanent wipe.

1 hour ago, Natha said:

People complains that it was not in a convenient timing for when they can get on must understand that life does not rotate around them.

Yeah, but it’s not just a handful of people. I’d go out on a limb and say MOST players were at a disadvantage due to the bad and unexpected timing. There’s also a ton of players who skipped the event entirely because they thought it was just for testing.

Edited by Trioxide
12 hours ago, Spaceking21 said:

Having a wipe seems pointless. Too many people spent ages grinding to get where they are. Change the house cap to 3 and give people a week to move their shit. Add new content if you want more players.

10 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

This is an illusion.  The population you see at this time is a direct result from peeps trying to horde money fast to buy the choice houses... Soon as the " mad dash " for house is complete we will find ourselves back where we were.  

9 hours ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

8 hours ago, Aixxx said:

There is no time to start all over again, there is no interesting update on the server, it will be meaningless, I might as well explore Olympus or grandtheftarma with my friends

4 hours ago, FilipinoBusinessman said:

Lot of us spent hours in the server. Time is gold.

Lets just stay in the current situation

We dont need to go back again and grind for god sake if the server will die accept the faith. No forever in this world. Even ragnarok the most popular rpg before died too we need new content and new things to do

4 hours ago, FilipinoBusinessman said:

*Purge event (cops medic factions is closed for hours no initation needed you can. Kill anyone, put timer)

*add hvt randomly to 100k+ bounty person. If they got killed you can get like 50k to 100k rewards to the killer (the money will deduct from their bank acc) so they must hide or call their friends to protect them they cant log off they will get reported.

Long last 1hr can track them.. so even they hide in their house.

2 hours ago, Screelz said:

Why not keep both server? Have the old server and the new at the same time for those who want to enjoy the old server and the new fresh one. Leave them for 1week and if you see that one of them is low pop just keep the higher pop one after the week.

Multiquote because not enough time to call you all boring & stupid individuality 

Imagine thinking people crying for a wipe because people are jealous of how much money you have on ARMA3 Asylum.. people been asking for a wipe since 2018 maybe longer, if they had listened maybe they could have kept the playerbase. I doubt many people here crying to not wipe even played 2018 

GravL and /|/|0T4RD like this
8 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

Future test  wipes.

If you didn't conclude from his post that there would be a permanent wipe that results from this, I don't know what else to say to you tbh

23 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

Multiquote because not enough time to call you all boring & stupid individuality 

Imagine thinking people crying for a wipe because people are jealous of how much money you have on ARMA3 Asylum.. people been asking for a wipe since 2018 maybe longer, if they had listened maybe they could have kept the playerbase. I doubt many people here crying to not wipe even played 2018 

ngl I've personally seen one or two of the folks you quoted above advocating for a full wipe before it happened and I guess they just couldn't handle not hoarding tens and hundreds of millions of dollars

7 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

If you didn't conclude from his post that there would be a permanent wipe that results from this, I don't know what else to say to you tbh

ngl I've personally seen one or two of the folks you quoted above advocating for a full wipe before it happened and I guess they just couldn't handle not hoarding tens and hundreds of millions of dollars

Leroy has been roleplaying on the forums that he wanted a wipe to hide his tears 🤧 The other peoples names ive never seen before so who knows 🤷‍♀️

/|/|0T4RD likes this
2 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

That future wipe is not a "test" wipe, which is what the post said the data would be used for.

Gotta read between the lines man. Of course it's saying test wipe, and this is actually a test as stated. However, it is unreasonable of them to think people will actually login and spend time playing the server for nothing in return and only to lose it all for good.