Wipe event feedback thread

Just now, Trioxide said:

That's... exactly what they made it out to be...

I understand your point, and you have a good point. Their intentions should have been made very clear from the start and unforeseen confusion we are experiencing wouldn't have arised. However, we are here now and my point I've been making to everyone is just to be a part of what's taking place now before we all start knocking it. Many of the people complaining haven't even logged in longer than 30 minutes just to play on the server and test it as intended. Yet they are advocating for changes on the forums as though they actually care about the success of the community and not just being able to buy the best houses. Albeit they can still login this second and have one of the best houses in an hour.

Personally I have an overall indifference to a wipe but I do believe after seeing the test in action that it is likely not the answer, at least not a full wipe. Housing has always been a gripe and that seems to not be changing even with a wipe, as people will grind a day to get their houses/a sustainable position and the status quo will continue. Money seems to be the bigger issue more than real estate itself, so wiping that may be an easier and less contentious decision. 

The main thing that seems to have been made clear from the wipe is the lack of content being added to the server. In no way am I trying to attack the devs as individuals or a group, but frankly there seems to be a lack of either ability or interest in producing new content for the server. These two facts are usually deflected by saying 'well the community/community council hasn't given us any new ideas, what are we supposed to do?', but being able to imagine a new gameplay concept/function and implement it is a key part of being a developer, just as Cuckratus/Jesse/slick have done in the past. It would be nice if we could produce ideas and they magically get scripted in, but creativity seems to need to come with the territory of being on a dev team. Any fun ideas that have made it through seem to be hindered by the aforementioned lack of ability. 

My biggest concern is for the community as Reforger/Arma 4 slowly but surely loom closer. I am not sure if the current team of developers and managers personally have the ability to create a server from the ground up as Cuckratus/Jesse have in the past. It's pretty rare that a server owner is not the original creator/developer of the mod or mission file that it uses, which will be a unique issue for Asylum to overcome. I'd love to know what @Mitch (IFRIT)'s honest opinion is on this matter and what the plan may be for the community as we try to look ahead as opposed to dwell on what has been. 

again, not in any way trying to be rude or attack anyone, just trying to keep it one hunnid with all my bruddas

11 minutes ago, Vulpes Inculta said:

If you are going to actually wipe it needs to be a complete wipe and said so from the start. No point in using this wipes data, also cops need to have talent point min based on rank for new wipe so we don't have people spamming feds first day for easy money. Maybe give constable+ 5 talent points to start.

That would have probably helped lol. It was pretty much a Cadet army all weekend.

As for a wipe, if it's gonna fix the problems that have risen then might as well do it and just pull the band aid, I support a wipe. Lot's of people say they don't want one and if it happens they are quitting, some are even trying to negotiate to keep the parts of their estate that give them their status (ie houses/garages and so on) So what... If they are here it's because they enjoy the game, the server and maybe even the community as well. What are they gonna do, stay in the server with the people that they already know and deal with a wipe or start fresh anyways on a new server with new people and the same problems?

Just keep both servers up but advise everyone its survival is directly tied to community support (i.e. donations, subscriptions, etc.). That way everyone's happy and they have skin-in-the-game. I'd subscribe for $5/month to keep both servers up, as is...and I know a ton of others would do the same. If subscriptions/donations drop off, convey the problem and if the community doesn't support, then shut it all down. This solution puts a bit more control or influence back into the hands of the community and costs the owner nothing.

41 minutes ago, Kawaii said:

My biggest concern is for the community as Reforger/Arma 4 slowly but surely loom closer. I am not sure if the current team of developers and managers personally have the ability to create a server from the ground up as Cuckratus/Jesse have in the past. It's pretty rare that a server owner is not the original creator/developer of the mod or mission file that it uses, which will be a unique issue for Asylum to overcome. I'd love to know what @Mitch (IFRIT)'s honest opinion is on this matter and what the plan may be for the community as we try to look ahead as opposed to dwell on what has been.

I’ve heard that Mitch is already in the process of finding developers that know or are willing to learn reforgers (and ultimately arma 4’s) engine and code so hopefully we have a jump start on that. 

I was for this wipe, and I didnt see it coming......so I got a late start on grinding and lost all my prime houses that Ive spent years aquiring......so it sucks. But if the numbers show the wipe can help bring life back to the server, then tough shit for me......Im good with it.

That said, a second wipe would make it tough coming back after this weekend.

Natha, Stretch, /|/|0T4RD and 2 others like this
10 hours ago, heater said:

+1 All the people complaining were the people locking down houses for no one to grab the server stats are phenomenal introducing an abundant of unique players too that may leave if the server gets reverted back to the old save. 

We will not be continuing on with this "Save" in any event.
If we choose to wipe in the future it will be a clean wipe with some needed changes from data gathered during the event
If you are concerned about a new player quiting over two days of data you should probably be more concerned about everyone else quiting over 7 years of lost data

12 minutes ago, Patato said:

We will not be continuing on with this "Save" in any event.
If we choose to wipe in the future it will be a clean wipe with some needed changes from data gathered during the event
If you are concerned about a new player quiting over two days of data you should probably be more concerned about everyone else quiting over 7 years of lost data

There's a reason why there's is any data to begin with because everyone is clueless as to if this is going to be saved or not and people are grinding their butts off to secure houses, items & money no one is going to grind these things for it to be all gone in 2 days and it wasn't just me losing my time during this event for some "data" there's many other people who have been fooled by all the false hope

This clears a lot of things up though wish this was stated since the during begging of the announcement and not "All your progress you've made during this weekend will be saved"

/|/|0T4RD likes this
1 minute ago, heater said:

There's a reason why there's is any data to begin with because everyone is clueless as to if this is going to be saved or not and people are grinding their butts off to secure houses, items & money no one is going to grind these things for it to be all gone in 2 days and it wasn't just me losing my time during this event for some "data" there's many other people who have been fooled by all the false hope

This clears a lot of things up though wish this was stated since the during begging of the announcement and not "All your progress you've made during this weekend will be saved"

I have to be honest i don't understand how you can read boonies post and not come to this conclusion.

78cb9ea12ecca443f687ef4a56d4964c.png

He even clarified later on

9113998f2a9cc5d2a51a2e8e338ee2f9.png

Trioxide likes this
7 minutes ago, heater said:

You'd be stupid to think that they'd be keeping any data this weekend if they were to rollout a wipe. People avoided playing this weekend because it was a "test" and it started in the middle of a weekday so some sweaty people can rush buy "good" houses thinking they'll have an upperhand if the server was to wipe.

Edited by Tusken Raider
Patato and 王 rando 王 like this
4 minutes ago, Patato said:

I have to be honest i don't understand how you can read boonies post and not come to this conclusion.

He even clarified later on

so basically what your saying is that all these guys that have been grinding all that time that they put into these past few days has been a waste of their time for your stupid shitty data

If you're goal was to lose the trust of your remaining playerbase, congratulations.

What changes do you have in mind that are worth taking a massive shit on everyone's time they spent? If you say it might be saved we have to assume it will be to not be at a huge disadvantage to anyone that does. What a joke.

Edited by Travis.
/|/|0T4RD, TRYHARD, Screelz and 1 other like this
4 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

You'd be stupid to think that they'd be keeping any data this weekend if they were to rollout a wipe. People avoided playing this weekend because it was a "test" and it started in the middle of a weekday so some sweaty people can rush buy "good" houses thinking they'll have an upperhand if the server was to wip.

What you literally just posted self contradicts the whole point of "collecting data" if people are going to avoid the server how are they collecting accurate data? That's why the server is active, I and a lot of other people were "fooled." but that's just something I guess we have to get used to now. 

/|/|0T4RD likes this
3 minutes ago, Alshiq Fatarra said:

so basically what your saying is that all these guys that have been grinding all that time that they put into these past few days has been a waste of their time for your stupid shitty data

Wasn't a dev decision, Just going to make the best of the event to be prepared if a "Real" wipe was made.

3 minutes ago, Travis. said:

If you're goal was to lose the trust of your remaining playerbase, congratulations.

What changes do you have in mind that are worth taking a massive shit on everyone's time they spent? If you say it might be saved we have to assume it will be to not be at a huge disadvantage to anyone that does. What a joke.

Just because you chose to only read the first part of a statement doesn't mean trust was ruined? If you actually read it and comprehended what was said you would know it was an event.

All your progress you've made during this weekend will be saved. If feedback is good and we run the event again we plan on using this same data, but this isn't guaranteed as we may need to balance a few things.

^^^^^^^^^^^

1 minute ago, heater said:

What you literally just posted self contradicts the whole point of "collecting data" if people are going to avoid the server how are they collecting accurate data? That's why the server is active, I and a lot of other people were "fooled." but that's just something I guess we have to get used to now. 

Many things were an issue in the first day. APD were making a lot of complaints due to the lack of talent points. First day income generation metrics. Which houses were grabbed first. What activities did players gravitate towards for starting cash. (And do they need to be re-balenced in the event of a real wipe). It also gives us an idea of server performance impact when people are running around spam buying houses.

If you can't see the value of running a a fun event/test sorry i guess?

GravL likes this
11 minutes ago, Patato said:

Just because you chose to only read the first part of a statement doesn't mean trust was ruined? If you actually read it and comprehended what was said you would know it was an event.

It was said multiple times that the wipe might stay with this data. What do you think I'm misinterpreting?

Go ahead and disable fed events for the first day and change the price of diamonds or whatever and keep wiping until you get the 'result' you want.

Any changes that will affect the economy long term can still be done when the economy is only 2 days old. Either keep old DB or use this one wiping again is pointless

Edited by Travis.
heater and /|/|0T4RD like this

I only played for a couple hours yesterday but as someone familiar with the server and in a relatively large/active gang, the wipe felt 'new/fresh' for all of about 45 minutes. I logged in, did one diamond run (was killed before I could even sell them) but got the talent points to run heroin. Ran it a couple times, made some money, and it felt very much the same as 'regular Asylum' just minus my bank account. 

I believe Envy were running back-to-back fed events all weekend and have already raked in millions(?). If it only takes a few hours for a dedicated gang / maybe a weekend for a veteran to be in a comfortable spot with their money/talents/properties, what will a wipe really accomplish apart from the real estate rush? 

Edit: If some sort of new content / map layout shakeup were to come with the wipe, I'm all for it. I don't have a ton of hours in Arma/Asylum lately, but after ~5k hours on Asylum over the years, the only "new" thing left for me to do is get blown up by @Luke SwagWalker's flying attempting some sort of trick.

Edited by Maaqs
Patato, Luke SwagWalker and heater like this
15 minutes ago, Travis. said:

It was said multiple times that the wipe might stay with this data. What do you think I'm misinterpreting?

Go ahead and disable fed events for the first day and change the price of diamonds or whatever and keep wiping until you get the 'result' you want.

Any changes that will affect the economy long term can still be done when the economy is only 2 days old. Either keep old DB or use this one wiping again is pointless

1.) Idk man the post is pretty clear, just because you read some garbage in side chat doesn't mean its true. Even if an admin somehow misunderstood this was just an event it still doesn't make it true.

2.) Cope

3.) Economy is not the only element to a life server. Their are various other things that can be looked at.

-DISCLAIMER- THIS IS JUST A HYPOTHETICAL IT DOES NOT MEAN THIS WILL HAPPEN IF THE DECISION WAS MADE TO WIPE-
Just untrue, if the first two days dont matter why are you upset? Wouldn't it be better to wipe with an actually announced date well in advance so everyone has an equal chance/could book off work for it?

For all i know we might decide that if we were to do a real wipe we would disable bounty hunter for the first week. Maybe we don't allow hatchback sports for some reason. Perhaps we lock everyone down to rooks for the first week. Maybe we only allow you to own 1-2 houses for the first month after a wipe

Maaqs and 王 rando 王 like this
54 minutes ago, Patato said:

1.) Idk man the post is pretty clear, just because you read some garbage in side chat doesn't mean its true. Even if an admin somehow misunderstood this was just an event it still doesn't make it true.

2.) Cope

3.) Economy is not the only element to a life server. Their are various other things that can be looked at.

-DISCLAIMER- THIS IS JUST A HYPOTHETICAL IT DOES NOT MEAN THIS WILL HAPPEN IF THE DECISION WAS MADE TO WIPE-
Just untrue, if the first two days dont matter why are you upset? Wouldn't it be better to wipe with an actually announced date well in advance so everyone has an equal chance/could book off work for it?

For all i know we might decide that if we were to do a real wipe we would disable bounty hunter for the first week. Maybe we don't allow hatchback sports for some reason. Perhaps we lock everyone down to rooks for the first week. Maybe we only allow you to own 1-2 houses for the first month after a wipe

I'm not reading 'some garbage in side chat' I talked to both Mitch and Boonie who said it might stay, so we played accordingly just in case. Not sure why you're trying argue about it.

Edited by Travis.

You guys need to get your shit together this is almost as bad as the identity scam only you weren't taking real cash from people. However, money is time, and time is money. People spent time giving you your fuckin data and here you idiots are just erasing it with no mercy and grace

It's a fuckin video game and you fuckers are wasting everyone's time because you are upset envy took advantage of what was available to them to make money and get ahead. Get a fuckin grip you guys are so immature. Who gives a fuck if they have more money? They worked for that shit. They were on this shit ALL FUCKING DAY giving you idiots data

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
Travis. likes this
6 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

You guys need to get your shit together this is almost as bad as the identity scam only you weren't taking real cash from people. However, money is time, and time is money. People spent time giving you your fuckin data and here you idiots are just erasing it with no grace

It was made clear from the post it was an event......
And again the event wasn't a dev decision. But ill collect data from it anyways. the data was not the intent of a fun event...

You guys need to get your shit together this is almost as bad as the identity scam only you weren't taking real cash from people.

Worse i didn't get 1.6million dollar out of the deal. Just less free time as i get to look at logs!

王 rando 王 and Bob Danaloo like this
Just now, Patato said:

It was made clear from the post it was an event......
And again the event wasn't a dev decision. But ill collect data from it anyways. the data was not the intent of a fun event...

You can sit here and back peddle and pretend all you want. These selfish and immature decisions are what killed the server pop in the first place. You can talk about Arma 3 dying all you want, but that's not an excuse you can hide behind. Just do a side by side comparison to Oly & Asy and you can see plain as day that the Arma 3 community doesn't agree with something you guys are doing here. I like Asylum and wholeheartedly want to see it be successful as long as possible and that's why I still play here. But as you know, not everyone who logged in during this "fun event" doesn't see it that way

You guys need to get your shit together this is almost as bad as the identity scam only you weren't taking real cash from people. However, money is time, and time is money. People spent time giving you your fuckin data and here you idiots are just erasing it with no mercy and grace

It's a fuckin video game and you fuckers are wasting everyone's time because you are upset envy took advantage of what was available to them to make money and get ahead. Get a fuckin grip you guys are so immature. Who gives a fuck if they have more money? They worked for that shit. They were on this shit ALL FUCKING DAY giving you idiots data

Aww, Sweet! A Schizo Thread! | Know Your Meme

1 minute ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

You can sit here and back peddle and pretend all you want. These selfish and immature decisions are what killed the server pop in the first place. You can talk about Arma 3 dying all you want, but that's not an excuse you can hide behind. Just do a side by side comparison to Oly & Asy and you can see plain as day that the Arma 3 community doesn't agree with something you guys are doing here. I like Asylum and wholeheartedly want to see it be successful as long as possible and that's why I still play here. But as you know, not everyone who logged in during this "fun event" doesn't see it that way

So what do you suggest as a solution?

Good event in my opinion just needs some small temp balances in the starting days to prevent people from making millions with little to no effort at all, I know Boonie posted the graphs of what illegal/legal items were sold/ran the most so I would probably balance those areas?  Other civs/cops made suggestions to what they thought would also help so possibly look at what the majority says or what would be the best outcome from all of that.  Future would be looking bright if we had a good follow up on this event

Sandwich, Patato and /|/|0T4RD like this
1 minute ago, Patato said:

So what do you suggest as a solution?

Save the data, disable the fed. Who gives a fuck if envy has allot of money already? They invested the time giving you the data, let them have it. The economy isn't already fucked just because some of them have a million dollars they are small fish in a barrel. There is still prime real estate to buy and plenty of ways to make money.

Honestly, if you read the thread here you will see that most of the community wants a content update more than they want a wipe. However, they also approve of the wipe. As I said, save the data, and wait until there is a significant content update to do a full wipe and people will appreciate it. I think many of us would agree that disabling the fed, maybe even the bank (although I wouldn't suggest that) for a week so cops can EARN their talent points instead of being handed them when no civs were handed anything; we can pick up where we left off.

If we do wipe again, make it so federal events are less spammable and so they aren't money printers. Cops at the beginning of wipe are left with no talents and cant even do simple things like use a defib or get a vest. By increasing cooldown for the first week or month of wipe it allows for officers to get talents and money needed to push organized federal events. Id say a fair cooldown range would be ranging from 30mins-45mins allowing for cops to deal with finding suspects, combat, processing, and roleplay. 

This also makes it so since theres such a high cooldown, there is no need to change prize for wining the event as a rebel.

/|/|0T4RD and Sandwich like this
2 minutes ago, Junker said:

If we do wipe again, make it so federal events are less spammable and so they aren't money printers. Cops at the beginning of wipe are left with no talents and cant even do simple things like use a defib or get a vest. By increasing cooldown for the first week or month of wipe it allows for officers to get talents and money needed to push organized federal events. Id say a fair cooldown range would be ranging from 30mins-45mins allowing for cops to deal with finding suspects, combat, processing, and roleplay. 

This also makes it so since theres such a high cooldown, there is no need to change prize for wining the event as a rebel.

I think this probably a better alternative than just disabling the events, but should only be temp

Junke likes this
8 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Save the data, disable the fed. Who gives a fuck if envy has allot of money already? They invested the time giving you the data, let them have it. The economy isn't already fucked just because some of them have a million dollars they are small fish in a barrel. There is still prime real estate to buy and plenty of ways to make money.

Honestly, if you read the thread here you will see that most of the community wants a content update more than they want a wipe. However, they also approve of the wipe. As I said, save the data, and wait until there is a significant content update to do a full wipe and people will appreciate it. I think many of us would agree that disabling the fed, maybe even the bank (although I wouldn't suggest that) for a week so cops can EARN their talent points instead of being handed them when no civs were handed anything; we can pick up where we left off.

Sure,
Or are you just arguing in bad faith because you got some good sheds right away (Which i can see yes you did)