Wipe event feedback thread

6 minutes ago, Widsyy said:

wipe the server again when you boys come up with some content and much needed balancing changes, hype up the new wipe couple of weeks notice or a month or 2 and hype it up make teaser trailers and shit like 6.0 either way the next wipe has to come with a big update (and i dont mean adding skins) and stick with it.

+1 cant just wipe the server an have nothing new, still would be the same old shit

/|/|0T4RD likes this

Asylum is never going to be back at it's peak on Arma 3. I don't see any problem with wiping the server, though. I think most of the people who still play would enjoy it. The thing is, it doesn't really matter what happens here. What really matters is Arma 4 and how big of a release it is. Yes, the server is dying, but nothing is going to revive it at this point. When there is a brand new platform, which will hopefully get a lot of attention, then will be the time to revive the server.

On 9/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Aristant said:

Fresh start would be great.

However I will not be playing in the temp restart as its not something im personally interested in, others might, good for getting feedback.

But PLEASE do not make this the released server version, If you are going to do this try to do it on a weekend because us adults with jobs get bent on that end with doing this at the time you did. Try to come up with SOME new content before you do the release.

How about u do what everyone else does and base your work schedule around domination and conquest nerd

I was all for a wipe but after playing I do not want a wipe. 

Reasons being. Its the same thing just without my money, the only reason I log on to play is to fight people. I see everyone crying about us snowballing to millions but we are just playing the game. 

I don't know why everyone is crying about houses, the only time I ever actually used my houses was for gang fort. I never used it to make money / to kill people.

I do not want my stats / titles reset. It took a long time to get 20K war rating / 3K war kills. Also all the cops kills / breaching the mental 200 plus times. 

The only way I would want an actual wipe is if Domination was kept on a different database. Titles / Stats weren't reset, and if there was a huge overall update doing a lot of new content plus moving the entire map around.

Also, what do I get for being the richest player on the temp wipe? @Boonie Hat

We all appreciate your work @Mitch (IFRIT)and trying to listen to the community.

Paradox_, luke110, Colin. and 10 others like this
4 minutes ago, tom said:

Reasons being. Its the same thing just without my money, the only reason I log on to play is to fight people. I see everyone crying about us snowballing to millions but we are just playing the game. 

I don't know why everyone is crying about houses, the only time I ever actually used my houses was for gang fort. I never used it to make money / to kill people.

I do not want my stats / titles reset. It took a long time to get 20K war rating / 3K war kills. Also all the cops kills / breaching the mental 200 plus times. 

The only way I would want an actual wipe is if Domination was kept on a different database. Titles / Stats weren't reset, and if there was a huge overall update doing a lot of new content plus moving the entire map around.

We all appreciate your work @Mitch (IFRIT)and trying to listen to the community.

just remove dom completely and if i needs a replacement a 7.62 max infantry only server would be perfect

44 minutes ago, tom said:

Its the same thing without your money because you did the same thing without your money, the server was actually in a much different and healthier state than previously you just skipped that part tommy

I dont understand people's weird obsession with wanting to wipe everyone's money but not house or inventory. We cant pick and choose. If there is a wipe, start the server from scratch, everyone back to zero, No houses or money....
But even then, what do you accomplish? You took away years of progression to make some new players happy. In a few months, the richest will be on top again and the broke will still be broke. That's if the original players even decide to come back after getting a slap in the face.
My two cents: Arma 4 coming out soon, Dont wipe anything, if you go to arma 4, you start from scratch there. 

Alex., luke110 and Leroy Jenkins like this

here's my thoughts on the topic.

1. tell the lazy ass devs to get off their asses and push out more content/ stuff for us to do. doing a drug run, buying a kit and running around killing the same 2 people for hours on end gets boring.

2. i think we should do a full wipe. everything. houses and all. But, for the first week or two, limit cap to 1 house per person and gradually increase it. so even the small guys have a chance to get a good house.

3. Kind of touching back on #1, but we need more events to do. sure fed and bank are cool, but its just a massive slaughter fest everytime one happens. i think the air drops and earthquakes drops are a nice touch, but we need more stuff to fight over.

Cartels need more incentive to get them. sure, you make like 100k in the 30 minutes you hold drug, but you could spend 100k on kits just going there to die. also, BRING BACK GHOST HOTEL. cartels and such should be more CQC. and they should all move to different locations each time.

also, fuck ifrits. so annoying to have the chinese cucks pull up in 10 ifrits and drop on you.

gangs need to be limited. sorry DH, but its a bit ridiculous to make up half the server pop. (AND ENSURE GANGS DON'T TEAM)

Give us more stuff to spend our money on. abilities to add shops in houses?

maybe make houses despawn if you don't play atleast a couple hours a month? every 2 weeks?

idk, maybe im dumb, but in all reality, server pop wasn't dying because everyone has a boat load of money, it was dying because they're has been no updates or new things to do. I mean, everytime i see some of the dev's they're spawning in a-10's and flying around the map. 

Also, FUCK ALTIS. bring back tanoa. 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

IF YOU READ THE COUNTLESS THREADS WITH YOUR SHITTY HEAD. YOU'D SEE THAT YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON FOR NOT READING IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

In all fairness, most people didnt understand it. That said, youre never going to make everyone happy. Thanks for trying though.

8 hours ago, OG Blunt said:

this server has gone through a lot, and no one wants to say it but it's the abusive ass admins that killed this server/ not to mention the slight racial undertone some of the server gave off. allowing the bigger gangs to just pretty much do whatever and have infinite money/gear. also there has been people who have been playing this server for well over 5 years plus and are still in the same gang they started, never allowing a cycle of newer gangs to build and prosper.  I say the best solution would have more than one server running like the old days 2 or 3 so at least you can build a smaller loyal people on those servers, but as far as I see it, yall are wiping the server I put over 3gs down in for lack of effort, thanks mitch 🙂

Racial undertone? Oh jesus, go fuck yourself you fucking retard. The fastest way to get insta banned on this server is to start spouting off racist shit. Go fucking ball up in your cry room and rock yourself to sleep you fucking twat.

Edited by Hoodlum Priest
2 hours ago, Ultrux said:

here's my thoughts on the topic.

1. tell the lazy ass devs to get off their asses and push out more content/ stuff for us to do. doing a drug run, buying a kit and running around killing the same 2 people for hours on end gets boring.

What exactly have you stepped up and contributed to this community for free? (Other than getting banned 5 times in the last two months) Last I checked every dev here was a player who wanted to give back to the community they got to enjoy. Kind of the exact opposite of lazy.

3 hours ago, Patato said:

What exactly have you stepped up and contributed to this community for free? (Other than getting banned 5 times in the last two months) Last I checked every dev here was a player who wanted to give back to the community they got to enjoy. Kind of the exact opposite of lazy.

one time this guy spawned in a blackfish and blew up all of rodo! epic admin moment it was very pog.

I think a grace period of no feds would be nice to be able to give cops time to build talent points, aswell as once federal events are restored after a say 24 hours grace period cops will get boosted talent points or given more for a short period of time. Attempting to fight a bank with offloads spar16's as well as no vests or revive perks is difficult against a defending organized geared rebel group. Even after playing for 2 days of the wipe I only got 3 talent points trying to spread amongst 10 or so cops 2-3 guys for cop actions are hard

personally I don't understand how people are so frustrated with the temp wipe, would you have rather done the opposite of what you wanted disregarding the concerns of everyone and done it permanently. It was a smart move in my opinion letting people figure out if they would like the wipe or not without actually losing everything, it cleared up peoples confusion and uncertainties about how they felt about it. 

If your too slow to understand that they are trying to do something to revive the server and make everyone happy.... cry about it and

ROPE IS CHEAP

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Edited by Racc
On 9/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, /|/|0T4RD said:

Gotta read between the lines man. Of course it's saying test wipe, and this is actually a test as stated. However, it is unreasonable of them to think people will actually login and spend time playing the server for nothing in return and only to lose it all for good.

weren't you like 8-10 deep trying to do events and mentals? If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

6 hours ago, Racc said:

I think a grace period of no feds would be nice to be able to give cops time to build talent points, aswell as once federal events are restored after a say 24 hours grace period cops will get boosted talent points or given more for a short period of time. Attempting to fight a bank with offloads spar16's as well as no vests or revive perks is difficult against a defending organized geared rebel group. Even after playing for 2 days of the wipe I only got 3 talent points trying to spread amongst 10 or so cops 2-3 guys for cop actions are hard

personally I don't understand how people are so frustrated with the temp wipe, would you have rather done the opposite of what you wanted disregarding the concerns of everyone and done it permanently. It was a smart move in my opinion letting people figure out if they would like the wipe or not without actually losing everything, it cleared up peoples confusion and uncertainties about how they felt about it. 

If your too slow to understand that they are trying to do something to revive the server and make everyone happy.... cry about it and

ROPE IS CHEAP

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Also, you need to stfu and stop commenting here you hypocrite. The entire first paragraph you typed was you crying but you attempted to say others were crying immediately afterwards. Go see a psychiatrist, better yet maybe a pediatrician might be your doctor.

1 hour ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Yeah, but what is your point? How is that relevant to any conversation in this thread? Yes I played the on the test server!

Literally complaining about how we shouldn’t expect people to play yet no one did and you were playing

Also, you need to stfu and stop commenting here you hypocrite. The entire first paragraph you typed was you crying but you attempted to say others were crying immediately afterwards. Go see a psychiatrist, better yet maybe a pediatrician might be your doctor.

And how are you so upset bro are you sure I’m the one crying Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Server was almost full. Glad to know you didn't play

I played both civ and cop and that’s my honest opinion about it 🤷‍♂️ , and I believe you don’t understand what I’m saying I said and mean you said people shouldn’t expect people to play and I responded with people didn’t expect everyone to play

Edited by Racc
2 minutes ago, Wang Liqin said:

never, this server is doomed to play on a 9 year old database until it turns itself off 💯

I think we need an announcement or decision to be made about it, I doubt I'm the only one that lost motivation to play or invest time (other than playing cop) knowing that an actual wipe is possibly coming.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Sidewinder said:

Same here.  Wipe goes perm, Im done.  I invested so much time, grinding and crafting to just watch it get flushed.  I would never trust any future investments of my time.  Just my opinion.

Cant this be said for any game with seasons? Losing shit sucks, I agree, but the grind is whats fun about the game. Once you have everything its just trolling and bullshit. Nothing to aim for.

22 hours ago, Hoodlum Priest said:

In all fairness, most people didnt understand it. That said, youre never going to make everyone happy. Thanks for trying though.

Racial undertone? Oh jesus, go fuck yourself you fucking retard. The fastest way to get insta banned on this server is to start spouting off racist shit. Go fucking ball up in your cry room and rock yourself to sleep you fucking twat.

lmao sure too newer people but Cleary you've been living in Athira too long. Kav and some gangs are full or was and still is filled with semi racist people. all because someone has to report someone saying the n word doesn't mean people don't do it

Hakeem likes this

watch wipe happens, farmers gets farmers bulding, dh/ds gets dh/ds house maybe - a few, pygros still gonna be dead, Nv gets gang fort building and athria houses, and the rest rush for sheds, then the rest is goanna be barren wasteland. after a few months of extra grinding from old heads they'll realize, Wholey shit this server never goanna be in it prime again, but still keep all the property and complain Cuz no one wants to play with them on a dying server anymore other than the same people they been playing with for the last 3 years

I didnt get a chance to share my ideas for a money sink to add balance and not sure if this should go here or what but what if you guys were to add insurance for vehicles and houses? Reduce housing cap to 3, increase cost of ALL factions loadouts..a couple of ideas(i forgot who mentioned the increase of  cost but im with it). I do have a fucking sick idea for a rebel event but a lil pressed for time and theres some other things i gotta hash out before i turn in a final draft so to speak.

I do appreciate the fact that the staff took the time out of their days to literally sit with members of our community to hear feedback and ideas. Thanks.

Edited by Sp0on
Sandwich and GravL like this
1 hour ago, salty.connor said:

cops shouldnt be allowed on for a certain amount of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

facts, this kinda solves the cop talent issue. Mitch was worried it would be OP to give cops talents when civs are using rooks/pdws, but if this happened and cops werent allowed in for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, that gives Civs time to upgrade their loadouts and by the time the cops come in everyone is more prepared to deal with a cop in a basic spar and vest loadout.

Maaqs likes this
4 minutes ago, GravL said:

facts, this kinda solves the cop talent issue. Mitch was worried it would be OP to give cops talents when civs are using rooks/pdws, but if this happened and cops werent allowed in for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, that gives Civs time to upgrade their loadouts and by the time the cops come in everyone is more prepared to deal with a cop in a basic spar and vest loadout.

lets be real here most cops will get slayed by rooks in full kits anyways.

GravL likes this