Wipe event feedback thread

7 hours ago, GravL said:

facts, this kinda solves the cop talent issue. Mitch was worried it would be OP to give cops talents when civs are using rooks/pdws, but if this happened and cops werent allowed in for 2-3 maybe 4 hours, that gives Civs time to upgrade their loadouts and by the time the cops come in everyone is more prepared to deal with a cop in a basic spar and vest loadout.

Cops dont have a spar and vest loadout in the first 2-3 hours. In fact, If i remember correctly, after 3 hours there were already people with full loadouts running around. How do you want cops to stand a chance if all they have is a protector and no vest? 

I think the reality of the situation is that ArmA 4 is looming on the horizon and when it drops it will kill off ArmA 3 servers like 3 did to 2. I don't think wiping is gonna do yall much good in terms of player count. There was 100 people on last night on the normal database. The server isnt dead by no means and I just don't see how wiping will rectify a situation long-term since arma 3's future is limited 

Sheriff Rick likes this
22 minutes ago, tfw_to_smart said:

I think the reality of the situation is that ArmA 4 is looming on the horizon and when it drops it will kill off ArmA 3 servers like 3 did to 2. I don't think wiping is gonna do yall much good in terms of player count. There was 100 people on last night on the normal database. The server isnt dead by no means and I just don't see how wiping will rectify a situation long-term since arma 3's future is limited 

Arma 4 is still rumored to be 2 years out, plus when it does drop it’ll still take quite a bit of time to make a life mission file. 

Bob Danaloo likes this
7 hours ago, Vash said:

Cops dont have a spar and vest loadout in the first 2-3 hours. In fact, If i remember correctly, after 3 hours there were already people with full loadouts running around. How do you want cops to stand a chance if all they have is a protector and no vest? 

I’m not saying cops should run around with a protector, a lot of cops complained about talent points so if we give civs time to get a head start, there shouldn’t be an issue with giving cops enough talent points right away to get everything they need 

Vash likes this
3 hours ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

I'm done typing...just watch this if you have a spare 12 minutes for my rant on existential and consequential concerns (not greedy suggestions on how to make scrubs richer or more powerful)...Thanks!

https://youtu.be/SyFeQ_Se5a8

the 3 most common comments I hear during game-play:

1. APD is Ruining the Server

2. Admin is Ruining the Server

3. Dark Horse in Ruining the Server

confused-indian.gif

who is complaining about any of these things and especially whos complaining about any of these things in relation to a wipe, even everything in your video has nothing todo with why the server needs a wipe 😂

Maaqs likes this
18 hours ago, Leroy Jenkins said:

I'm done typing...just watch this if you have a spare 12 minutes for my rant on existential and consequential concerns (not greedy suggestions on how to make scrubs richer or more powerful)...Thanks!

https://youtu.be/SyFeQ_Se5a8

Leroy is not everyone's favorite, and I think that's because of his Stature more than his actions.  Haters gonna Hate.  As for his ideas that were described in the video, they are valued by me I know many others if they took the time to write it up.

Initiation Button/Timer, 110% agree, people say the wrong crap, people do the wrong thing and the time frame is always in question,  I had to circle a person once and i think i took 5 mins and 10 seconds, but i had no damn clue how long it actually took me, i just shot him when i found him.  possible RDM, probably!!! wasn't sure, yet i comp'd anyways. 

Police Involvement  They don't take 911 serious, and newer players are getting handled or ignored.  Yes some are fake, but in the real world, all are taken seriously and investigated, ask questions, set up a team of dispatchers ready to handle this.  Yes FED events is Priority but I believe the people you want to stay on this server matter just as much.

User Guide  100% needs updating, I am on all the time and I am helping answering questions setting them up, keep them intrigued and trying to make lifers and curious minds interested.  I will help and do whatever you want, I can write it up, but a lot of things on the WIKI are outdated and just flat out wrong.  I don't mind donating my time to help with anything you need.

Housing  Something needs to be done, earn your house, upkeep your house with time here on the server not Showing up just to log in for 1 second and log out, like a google calendar reminder and those houses stay always with no game time from that player.  Time active points to keep  your house, 3 hrs a week, 12 a month, but something to keep 5 Houses! Change is good, change is fresh, you want people to feel encourage to earn and stay here, that is one, lets open up the houses to those that will be used.

Banning/Reports  I know the admins work hard and are busy too and want to enjoy the game as well, but yes, giving the power to BAN on side needs to work with these people because we will lose people who get discourage who are just trying to start the game and learn  and/or will just say screw this and become an RDM'er as well and add to the issue.

Or add Super Max Prison like someone suggested, 3 layers of walls with no doors, ceiling Height of 100 feet, and a place for the BAN'd to write on a board or mail, or message to appeal their BAN, or deal with their In Game time required, not a, ohh i just got to log out for 3 days, okay cool see ya then to repeat.  Naw they don't learn, make it game time. 

Thank you for your time, I know many won't read this, but i hope it falls on the right persons Eyes to suggest these in a dev meeting.

Leroy Jenkins likes this

Here's my biggest worry of this all, Is there any point to grind out anymore money because wipe may be around the corner in the near future? At this point I'm conflicted, one minute I hear wipe is going to happen in the near future and the next that its not. Should I continue to grind out countless hours in making money or should I sit in Athira all day harrassing cops. I'm not sure if a lot of people feel this way as well and don't wanna grind out more hours without an official announcement on what's to come from the admin/dev team.. I feel like we're in limbo with a lot of features that community wants to add to the plate (Unless this was discussed during the community meeting that I wasn't apart of) 

P.S I'm not knocking down the admin/dev team in any way, I'm sure you guys are doing the best you can

I personally believe that if there were to be a permanent wipe, that it should only be of money and houses. I feel like there are a lot of people including myself that would be very upset if we lost our myasylum stats. (This happened before after V2) 

you could also create a "Legacy stats" page. to show everyone's stats before wipe? 

Heard from a couple people about talks of making this wipe permanent. Just wanted to add my 2 cents here instead of making an entire post. A permanent wipe sounds quite worrying. I know several people who would quit for a fact. Too much time invested too rare of houses etc. Not to mention the millions upon millions of cop gear, mxm, rpg's that have been properly farmed. we are talking hundreds of hours.

Edited by Mithridates Of Pontus
Trioxide and Protocol like this
2 minutes ago, Mithridates Of Pontus said:

I personally believe that if there were to be a permanent wipe, that it should only be of money and houses. I feel like there are a lot of people including myself that would be very upset if we lost our myasylum stats. (This happened before after V2) 

you could also create a "Legacy stats" page. to show everyone's stats before wipe? 

Heard from a couple people about talks of making this wipe permanent. Just wanted to add my 2 cents here instead of making an entire post. A permanent wipe sounds quite worrying. I know several people who would quit for a fact. Too much time invested too rare of houses etc. Not to mention the millions upon millions of cop gear, mxm, rpg's that have been properly farmed. we are talking hundreds of hours.

Yeah, I say they should just keep stats, titles, and achievements. The rest can go.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NewYork718 said:

In 6 months the rich will be on top again, and we'll be right back where we are today. The top 10-20 will look fairly the same. Nothing will change. Lose the weird obsession of taking what others earned.

Probably, but it will be quite fun for a little while at least.

2 hours ago, NewYork718 said:

Liberal ass mindset. 

Don't apply politics to a video game, you moron.

Edited by Trioxide
15 hours ago, bread_ said:

Don’t under estimate Liberals. They have the ability to ruin anything, including video games. Liberalism is a disease that needs to be contained in order for society to function properly going forward

I'm liberal and I'm offended

haha

Seriously, though, explain how liberalism is a "disease that needs to be contained in order for society to function properly going forward"....

On 9/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, NewYork718 said:

If you wipe the server it would be a waste. 

In 6 months the rich will be on top again, and we'll be right back where we are today. The top 10-20 will look fairly the same. Nothing will change. Lose the weird obsession of taking what others earned. Liberal ass mindset. 

On 9/23/2022 at 11:50 PM, bread_ said:

Don’t under estimate Liberals. They have the ability to ruin anything, including video games. Liberalism is a disease that needs to be contained in order for society to function properly going forward

On 9/24/2022 at 12:44 AM, Sheriff Rick said:

So true!

On 9/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, Trioxide said:

I'm liberal and I'm offended

haha

Seriously, though, explain how liberalism is a "disease that needs to be contained in order for society to function properly going forward"....

@Liberal TearsYou are needed. 

Liberal Tears likes this
  • 2 months later...