Asylum Marketing/Content Pushing

Sandwich

Putting this here because I've mentioned it a few times in some different places. Seems like people kind of like the idea. Just not sure how staff would go about doing it, who would handle it, etc. I'm sure others have some ideas, but at the end of the day as long as an idea doesn't really have a majority % negative impact, no harm in trying it out! 

--------------------------------------------------
Asylum Tiktok Account (Could also make a Youtube account and repost the shorts on there for more traction)

-> Asylum Staff creates an Asylum Tiktok Account
-> Puts the forums (or link to server IP) in bio on tiktok
-> Create a reward system where players are encouraged to submit clips that are meme'y/funny/epic (to maybe like a google forms which gets formatted inside of an attached google sheets for organizational purposes)
-> Create clause in the submission where any clips submitted, Asylum has right to use for monetary/advertising/copyright purposes

-> Take clips and use basic editing to compile them into multiple shorts that can be posted a couple times weekly or bi-weekly (Not as much effort as it sounds)
-> The best performing clips each month get rewards in game/creates/titles/etc (for incentive to have more clips submitted)
-> Asylum technically gets free marketing as long as they put a little effort into running a tiktok (and other similar accounts) account
     -> Asylum could also turn these weekly clips into monthly long form videos on a youtube channel for even MORE promotion/gain 

Even with Arma 3 being "dead" an entertaining clip is still an entertaining clip at the end of the day, and knowing tiktok - shit can blow up. Even on Youtube as well with its Shorts program. I genuinely feel this is a foolproof idea that would take extra time of course, but would likely lead to a slightly (or if lucky a big) increase in traffic to the community if done right with enough dedication. 

At the end of the day, you can have an amazing idea/product, but with virtually no promotion for said idea/product, no one will ever come to know of its existence. 

ez game plan.
💪

Edited by Sandwich
fixes
9 minutes ago, Junker said:

Promoting the Asylum community would get us all canceled lmao. 

you'd think, but we'd be in control of everything that gets posted. Censors, bleeps, cuts, final checks, etc. On a serious note though, that actually wouldn't be an issue in post production. Also I'm sure people wouldn't submit cancel-worthy clips.

5 hours ago, Sandwich said:

you'd think, but we'd be in control of everything that gets posted. Censors, bleeps, cuts, final checks, etc. On a serious note though, that actually wouldn't be an issue in post production. Also I'm sure people wouldn't submit cancel-worthy clips.

ik I was just joking. Its a great idea though. I'd love to also see if we could get some decent size streamers and youtubers to stream or make a video on Asylum and advertise it.

Sandwich likes this
11 minutes ago, Joel Marley said:

In my opinion: 
People are too toxic here too be able to comfortably stream due to the amount of TOS things that are said in side chat + voice.
It would not be smart to stream unless a crackdown on that type of TOS stuff happens.

I somewhat agree, but in relation to my OP, this wouldn't have any bearing thankfully. Asylum Staff would be able to sift through submitted clips (I'm sure it wouldn't be A LOT or anything depending on the reward system, etc) and be able to choose what clips they'd like to use. Then editing would help censor things more if needed. 

1 minute ago, Defragments said:

"content"

7 minutes ago, Joel Marley said:

Gunna be interesting when a semi-popular+ streamer joins, who does not make short clips and leave immediately when side-chat or some toxic person remarks some TOS things. I mean, might turn out like District 10 lel.

Well again, this post is an idea based on what the already established community can contribute via clips. The purpose is to showcase entertaining clips from the asylum community (any kind really) and that brings in normal players, not streamers or content creators. If creators come along, it is what it is. Mitch can prepare for things like that to some degree I’m sure, but his target audience isn’t content creators, it’s normal people who he can hopefully create an attachment to the community with and keep around. Content creators will help bring in views, but if he can do that *ON HIS OWN*, that’s even more beneficial to the community tbh. Organic growth, instead of purchased advertising. He’ll have more control  

But in a similar case, sure… those normal people will see the toxic shit and not like it. But that’s how it is. Especially on ARMA 3. You’ll get that really in any community you got to now. But if Mitch and the staff can optimize for as many normal players to join the server as possible, we’re in a good position. At least 20-30% of those people that come by, will likely stick around for a while (hopefully haha).

Edited by Sandwich
Spelling
Joel Marley likes this
40 minutes ago, bread_ said:

Promoting a server on a game with a dying playerbase on TikTok is retarded. The days of Arma 3 being big are over, stop living in 2015 and just accept that you cant revive a dying game.

That’s why your mom named you bread. ❤️

The game being dead holds little weight to viewership and traction on a social media platform. Why’s the game dead? Because it has no traction right now. Why’s asylum low on player count? Because it’s just really been the same people coming back and playing with nothing really “fresh” or new.

With tiktok, the algorithm doesn’t care if you’re posting about a dead game. All that matters is that the content is entertaining to some degree. This was my original point. We still have entertaining moments all the time on this game, otherwise, why play lol. So if the staff can figure out how to make this clip submission idea work, it will work long term. Even on a small scale. 

Some promotion and marketing is better than no promotion and marketing. 

Long story short, it’s way more worth trying the idea out than not trying it. The pros outweigh the cons 10:1. Focus on the bigger picture. 

Edited by Sandwich
GravL likes this
4 hours ago, Sandwich said:

That’s why your mom named you bread. ❤️

The game being dead holds little weight to viewership and traction on a social media platform. Why’s the game dead? Because it has no traction right now. Why’s asylum low on player count? Because it’s just really been the same people coming back and playing with nothing really “fresh” or new.

With tiktok, the algorithm doesn’t care if you’re posting about a dead game. All that matters is that the content is entertaining to some degree. This was my original point. We still have entertaining moments all the time on this game, otherwise, why play lol. So if the staff can figure out how to make this clip submission idea work, it will work long term. Even on a small scale. 

Some promotion and marketing is better than no promotion and marketing. 

Long story short, it’s way more worth trying the idea out than not trying it. The pros outweigh the cons 10:1. Focus on the bigger picture. 

ahh I see. Well then in that case yes lets get new players onto the server. Im running out of noobs to kidnap and ship off on jet skis

Sandwich likes this
32 minutes ago, Riv6r said:

To get arma tik tok famous all you gotta do is have an orca land very fast and pick people up with vietnam war music playing in the backround

@Luke SwagWalker @Mason

With some proper editing and filtering (since people can get quite salty at times), I don't think an Asylum TikTok account would hurt. Would just need a halfway decent system/people in place so it's easy to provide clips and then edit them for TikTok.

Edited by Maaqs
Mason likes this
2 hours ago, halfdrunkhero said:

https://www.tiktok.com/@halfdrunkhero it's done with some content uploaded. Lets see if I can get the server to get some traction 🙂. Sandwich you are even in one of the videos lol. 

Best of luck brother! I promise if you keep it up and keep trying to optimize tags, content, etc - you’ll start getting views. You got this! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

halfdrunkhero likes this
  • 1 month later...