longer jail times

Spanky2060

Let's just face the truth, the jail times now are a complete joke. There is literally no incentive to keep a low bounty. I remember way back when, when people actually were scared to commit crimes because of the substantially longer jail times. The max jail time used to be 45 minutes and I believe that's still a bit too short. The only issue with the old system is the jail times weren't really to scale, you'd have a 45-minute jail sentence whether you had a 40k bounty or a $500,000 bounty. The new jail times should be something more like ...

250K+ 2 hours

200k+ 1 hr 30 minutes

150k+ 1 hr 15 minutes

100k+ 1 hour

75k+ 45 min

50k+ 40 min

25k+ 30 min

15k + 25 min

0-15k 15 min

Along with this, there should be a rework in the plate system. For example, if you produce plates constantly while in prison it should only be able to take off at max half of your sentence. Along with this make it so plates not only reduce your time in jail, but also your bail price. Not necessarily your bounty, but add a new thing for when you are in prison called bail price and that along with time reduces as you prdouce more plates

Now for all you whiny pos who are going to complain about this, long ago there were larger jail sentences, yet the player base was much higher. Making longer sentences won't deter people from playing it'll deter people running around and initiating on people for little reason. This will also bring power away from the huge gangs on the server (which is much needed) and give it more to the police. The servers not fun when people are just running around town with MK's shooting people with no repercussions. Just because you all are trash and get caught doesn't everyone else does. This will also make it more fun to have high bountys

1 hour ago, Good Lub said:

you might be the most braindead person in this online forums community.

go back to garry's mod if you want short prison sentences pussy

1 hour ago, Michael L said:

Log on the great gaming asylum arma 3 roleplay for a 2 hour gaming experience of sitting in a box clicking scroll wheel options, wow, I am sure this will return asylum to 4 full servers immediately once again  

Yep, that's exactly what it will do, there is no fun in this game when you have a $ 234903430312498 bounty get arrested, process plates for 10 minutes and get out.

Edited by Spanky2060

Worst suggestion I’ve seen in a long time

Server pop was higher when time was longer simply because arma was more popular back then. Asylum has always had a focus on light rp so I’m not sure where you get the idea adding in a prison system on the same level as hardcore RP servers is anywhere close to good for the server

lukee and shxdow like this
34 minutes ago, GravL said:

Worst suggestion I’ve seen in a long time

Server pop was higher when time was longer simply because arma was more popular back then. Asylum has always had a focus on light rp so I’m not sure where you get the idea adding in a prison system on the same level as hardcore RP servers is anywhere close to good for the server

The truth is jail time was much longer years ago and the server was also much better. Let's also face the fact that having over a 250k bounty is very rare. 

What deters people from committing crimes now?

Trick question nothing. Nobody ever plays as cop and if cops are on, they all run in one big convoy, limiting the number of people they can catch. Then once they finally get someone, say they have a 75k bounty they have no reason to pay the ticket if they can just sit in jail for 10 minutes. The current jail system is absolute garbage and makes playing on the server a nightmare. I feel like i'm playing gmod darkrp where everyone's running with guns out, no cops in sight. It defeats the whole purpose of rp. Because frankly there is no consequences if people get arrested by the police. Along with it how easy it is to get money now makes the whole police concept a joke.

It's an RP server not a KOTH

11 minutes ago, Alex. said:

just stfu already retard shit suggestion no ones gonna hop on to sit in jail for 2 hours in a soft rp server

7 minutes ago, Smurfyslaw said:

Imma make this short and simple... It's a game on a soft rp server, stfu retard.

settle down, settle down it's not that deep I know this is the only thing y'all do in life so I understand if you would get a bit salty if you have to sit in jail for two hours, but hey maybe if the server was like it used to be (longer jail times) you wouldn't have retired from staff 🤔

11 minutes ago, Spanky2060 said:

settle down, settle down it's not that deep I know this is the only thing y'all do in life so I understand if you would get a bit salty if you have to sit in jail for two hours, but hey maybe if the server was like it used to be (longer jail times) you wouldn't have retired from staff 🤔

My guy... You think increasing jailtime will revive the server??? 

mGbNXR.gif

lukee and shxdow like this
6 hours ago, Spanky2060 said:

Let's just face the truth, the jail times now are a complete joke. There is literally no incentive to keep a low bounty. I remember way back when, when people actually were scared to commit crimes because of the substantially longer jail times. The max jail time used to be 45 minutes and I believe that's still a bit too short. The only issue with the old system is the jail times weren't really to scale, you'd have a 45-minute jail sentence whether you had a 40k bounty or a $500,000 bounty. The new jail times should be something more like ...

250K+ 2 hours

200k+ 1 hr 30 minutes

150k+ 1 hr 15 minutes

100k+ 1 hour

75k+ 45 min

50k+ 40 min

25k+ 30 min

15k + 25 min

0-15k 15 min

Along with this, there should be a rework in the plate system. For example, if you produce plates constantly while in prison it should only be able to take off at max half of your sentence. Along with this make it so plates not only reduce your time in jail, but also your bail price. Not necessarily your bounty, but add a new thing for when you are in prison called bail price and that along with time reduces as you prdouce more plates

Now for all you whiny pos who are going to complain about this, long ago there were larger jail sentences, yet the player base was much higher. Making longer sentences won't deter people from playing it'll deter people running around and initiating on people for little reason. This will also bring power away from the huge gangs on the server (which is much needed) and give it more to the police. The servers not fun when people are just running around town with MK's shooting people with no repercussions. Just because you all are trash and get caught doesn't everyone else does. This will also make it more fun to have high bountys

💀

shxdow likes this