Housing Solution

Donk

Housing solution  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should we implement this?

45 minutes ago, Aristant said:

You must not understand the point of a suggestion where people put their opinions and input in on it. Weird. 

why did you feel the need to change what you said in the previous post?

also i understand, that part of the suggestion. what i dont understand is why people who haven't played since 2018 are commenting on a suggestion in a game they probably dont have installed just to shit on someones thoughts.

again if you cant put 10 hrs a month into the game then you should lose the houses. pretty simple logic tbh

1 hour ago, Aristant said:

No matter how you look at it theres gonna be a simple way to get around whatever pointless implementations get put in.

10 hrs a month? Sheesh m8, but if its necessary people will open arma 3 and leave it on in the background while they play another game.

logout timer? Okay turn a auto clicker on or auto keyboard to do something every x time.

I started asylum in 2017, 2018? I farmed like a hog for a pretty long time. So because I got burnt out in that time frame and want to take a break and play casually you are saying the OG's should lose their houses?

Why dont you just farm 20m like I and others did to buy the houses they want or sheds? 

I was also able to just walk around cities where people were selling these really expensive high sought after houses, and would find unclaimed ones ALL the time, and this is when the server was at max pop. I found meth houses right next to the circle & garages. Just seems like an issue with the player, not the game. Lazy bones.

Theres ALOT of other things the dev's could do,add, or fix in their freelance time here, rather than this lol. You will just make all the OG's leave, I know if i had to re-do what i have already spent 1500+ hours on, I would leave permanently too lol.

Time and what I have here keeps me on this server, If i didnt have those things I would go to Olympus..or be done in general.

You're missing the point here. Fixing housing has nothing to do with taking anything away from "OG's" as I am one of them nor is it about me personally not having enough money to buy any house I want given I have 20mil. This is solely about fixing a broken system that prevents new players or active players from accessing a major aspect of the server. Regardless of when someone started or what someone farmed if they don't play and only log on for 5 minutes a month because they want to keep a house; do you think that person should be allowed to keep hoarding houses? 

This has nothing to do with my housing situation, I have a perfect setup for me to make money and do what I want. This is a suggestion to fix a system that hinders new player retention and honestly active players too.

We only have 1 server now, its not like when we had 5 servers at max pop and it was popping. Now its dead but yet you have to be extremely lucky to find a house anywhere. We have people logging 20 minutes over a 90 day period. 

If you aren't currently playing and your only interaction with asylum is through the forums then you have no clue what the game is currently like for those that do play.

How many new players do you think we potentially lose because they aren't able to buy a house and utilize that part of the server?

As @Crossfadesaid your backwards ass thinking can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Crossfade likes this
On 11/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, Aristant said:

No matter how you look at it theres gonna be a simple way to get around whatever pointless implementations get put in.

10 hrs a month? Sheesh m8, but if its necessary people will open arma 3 and leave it on in the background while they play another game.

logout timer? Okay turn a auto clicker on or auto keyboard to do something every x time.

I started asylum in 2017, 2018? I farmed like a hog for a pretty long time. So because I got burnt out in that time frame and want to take a break and play casually you are saying the OG's should lose their houses?

Why dont you just farm 20m like I and others did to buy the houses they want or sheds? 

I was also able to just walk around cities where people were selling these really expensive high sought after houses, and would find unclaimed ones ALL the time, and this is when the server was at max pop. I found meth houses right next to the circle & garages. Just seems like an issue with the player, not the game. Lazy bones.

Theres ALOT of other things the dev's could do,add, or fix in their freelance time here, rather than this lol. You will just make all the OG's leave, I know if i had to re-do what i have already spent 1500+ hours on, I would leave permanently too lol.

Time and what I have here keeps me on this server, If i didnt have those things I would go to Olympus..or be done in general.

It's always funny watching "OG" players rage about a game they don't play anymore. This server wasn't created to cater to you, and as far as the server goes, you provide nothing, but you feel so entitled that a server holds on to your "work" when you don't contribute to the player pop.

Donk and Crossfade like this
18 hours ago, HYPER Colt said:

It's always funny watching "OG" players rage about a game they don't play anymore. This server wasn't created to cater to you, and as far as the server goes, you provide nothing, but you feel so entitled that a server holds on to your "work" when you don't contribute to the player pop.

Let me clarify.

I personally still play, just not as much.

And I am also implying that no matter what happens, there is going to be be a way around it. If i were to not be playing at all (you say 10 hrs a month..), I would agree my houses should 100% be gone along with others. 

Housing has nothing to do with player pop currently, there are plenty of sheds, houses, garages for sale by owner, and unclaimed around the world.

Edited by Aristant
18 minutes ago, Aristant said:

Housing has nothing to do with player pop currently, there are plenty of sheds, houses, garages for sale by owner, and unclaimed around the world.

I think with a subtext to this, is that the ones that are currently up for sale are currently way too high for a new player to buy into as well. Honestly for some from what I'm reading is hoping that the inactivity will kick in so the house can go to market value and buy it for less. That's another problem to look at.

Crossfade and Aristant like this
1 hour ago, KrazyKnight said:

I think with a subtext to this, is that the ones that are currently up for sale are currently way too high for a new player to buy into as well. Honestly for some from what I'm reading is hoping that the inactivity will kick in so the house can go to market value and buy it for less. That's another problem to look at.

I am all for people who do not play to lose their houses. Also the houses I currently own I never paid for I found them all market.. takes some diligence. other than my shed obv but i had to save for that and search a long time.

Maybe add a feature for newly expired houses so people can find them easier, but then that gets rid of house hunting. 

Or maybe only for a few hours the house is marked as new to the market, if no one claims it within 24 hours or something then it doesnt show and must be run up to and scroll wheeled to find out if it is for sale or not... So that their still is an aspect of house hunting.

No matter how you look at this subject its a tricky one.

Edited by Aristant
1 hour ago, Aristant said:

What are you smoking? There are no sheds or garages being sold via the realtor in game and every shed/garage that is being sold by a player is being sold for a ridiculous amount solely for the reason because it is a shed. Also unclaimed?? what are you on, just about everything is owned on the island.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:09 AM, Crossfade said:

What houses? im not hunting for houses. im here because the post is a way to try and prevent new players from quitting when they realise they cant buy a nice house in any worth while location and not 20kms from anything worth while

stop whining just because your ass doesn't know how to look for houses doesn't mean they are not out there.

I literally bought a house 100m from purification factory on the market. They are there, you are just lazy!

Aristant likes this
3 minutes ago, Spanky2060 said:

stop whining just because your ass doesn't know how to look for houses doesn't mean they are not out there.

I literally bought a house 100m from purification factory on the market. They are there, you are just lazy!

I know its not 100m away since i know who owns all houses inside the circle so nice try on bragging about your shit house. Also once again this post is not about me and my personal houses. Bunch of morons I swear.

Edited by Donk
Crossfade likes this
6 minutes ago, Donk said:

What are you smoking? There are no sheds or garages being sold via the realtor in game and every shed/garage that is being sold by a player is being sold for a ridiculous amount solely for the reason because it is a shed. Also unclaimed?? what are you on, just about everything is owned on the island.

Do you want me to get on today just to find an unclaimed garage somewhere for you?

1 hour ago, Donk said:

I know its not 100m away since i know who owns all houses inside the circle so nice try on bragging about your shit house. Also once again this post is not about me and my personal houses. Bunch of morons I swear.

yes it is about you stop lying you are just making yourself look bad

and yes I do have one that is 100m 

8 hours ago, Spanky2060 said:

mate what the fuck you on about? stop smoking crack. 

8 hours ago, Aristant said:

Do you want me to get on today just to find an unclaimed garage somewhere for you?

yeah find one anywhere near a current or even valid money maker that isnt 15kms from other houses

GravL likes this
14 hours ago, King said:

Good idea in theory but you'd be surprised how many "good houses" are actually owned by people who play more than your suggested time requirement per month.  This won't have as big an impact as you think it would.

Sure let them keep their houses that's no big deal. This is really just a way to renovate the outdated system currently in place. The time requirement is not meant to be a hinderance to most people that do play. Just meant as a way to clean up the housing from the ones that don't play and do just log in to tap houses and not log in again for 30 days. Hell even if we just limited the housing cap from 5->3 would open up 40% of the real estate on the island for people. Since we only have 1 server these days we need a revamp in some positive way even if its not my suggestion. Too many small brains out here downvoting 🙃

Crossfade likes this
6 hours ago, John Adams said:

Finally a way to get rid of bots and inactive players. But mostly Bot accounts. I know a lot of people who have alts just to buy more real estate and give themselves keys

Finally someone who uses their brain. The amount of people with alts for the sole reason of having more real estate is an issue. Even with it being a bannable offense it doesn't stop people from doing it.

lukee and Crossfade like this
18 hours ago, Donk said:

Finally someone who uses their brain. The amount of people with alts for the sole reason of having more real estate is an issue. Even with it being a bannable offense it doesn't stop people from doing it.

never seen someone cry so much that they can't find a house on an arma 3 server. suck it up retard

lukee likes this