Prison System Revamps

Repto

Gonna alternate course on a previously denied suggestion that RIGHTFULLY got a decent amount of hate.

Suggestion

Making things more like a hardcore server isn't the way to go, the community is all correct on that. Though even for a light RP server it's easy to admit that repercussions of just about anything are barely there to not there at all, I'll admit that point was pretty well put across as well.

I don't suggest longer times as the current times along with pushing plates seem's pretty well balanced for a light RP server, the problem is the repercussions. It really does defeat the purpose of the crime status if all you have to do is get sent to jail and get out right away. The tools for a better prison system already exist in the game, they just need some tweaking is what I suggest. There really is no point in prison even being a thing if people can just pay off their bounties right away or even just push plates for 2 minutes and be out causing more chaos like nothing even happened.

• Set a better cap to being able to post bail, 35k - 50k maybe?
    • Pair this with limiting how much you can shorten your sentence with plate pushing.
      • A 5 minute required jail time seems pretty fair to me though suggestions can be made.
    • Keeps the minor offenders/misdemeanors from having undeserved sentences still being able to post bail.
      • It's easy for small offences to get paid off at a courthouse, post bail quick or turn yourself in for a ticket before it gets to high.

• Threats towards society that increases the fear of capture from cops/bounty hunter's with their bounty limits requirement to pull bounties.
    • Bounty hunters haven't seen a lot of love or changes in a long time.

• Would push for more RP in cop encounters/dire escape attempts/less cop harrassment
    • Rather than the usual straight to jail normies and large groups that just strive to get all the cops to quit the game with constant 24/7 engagement.
    • Endorse a higher/more immediate need for prison break attempts if people want to get their friends out faster or save a bounty.

• Will add that slight 'fear factor' that Asylum is completely missing.
    • It is kinda overwhelming to the lesser fortunate or new players that they could really just be hands up or dead for no reason at all at any point in time, it's light RP but damn... New or struggling players shouldn't be killed on sight as soon as they try to spawn somewhere.

If for some weird reason this doesn't sound reasonable at all then maybe at the minimum a 'jail without bail' scroll wheel option that Captains can make a policy for. Can be done by Corporal+ within reference to the Captains policies for it. Maybe repeat consistent offenders or could be a response tool towards terrorism acts if a Corporal+ is present rather than their standard straight to jail charge.

Edited by Repto
CamMan and lukee like this

its fine the way it is.Game should not be a prison sim for rebels to play.Having cops killed 24/7 is the only fun thing left for rebels and even that gets old eventually.Also kinda weird that the prison suggestions seem to come from apd only players.Since getting sent to prison is almost guaranteed with the ridiculous explosive prices and the retarded captain policies having these pointless changes wont make anything any better.

Abu, Alex. and lukee like this
11 hours ago, Good Lub said:

its fine the way it is.Game should not be a prison sim for rebels to play.Having cops killed 24/7 is the only fun thing left for rebels and even that gets old eventually.Also kinda weird that the prison suggestions seem to come from apd only players.Since getting sent to prison is almost guaranteed with the ridiculous explosive prices and the retarded captain policies having these pointless changes wont make anything any better.

Well yeah I can see the frustrated logic in this and it's true where suggestions that affect rebels primarily come from cop's, It happens both ways as is kind of expected with them being the two conflicting forces. Like I've read before in places, "Why would a rebel want to make the game harder for themselves".

The ticket and charge prices aren't actually high at all though in reference to other light RP servers for single or racked up charges, even then none of the changes suggested here are even meant to or going to heavily prevent anything that is already happening. The idea is really to just slow down the pace of it. It's takes a little longer to event spam since we all got busted on the last one for example. Maybe I'll not kill this random player EVERY time he respawns just because we're still initiated, for another.

It's not like I'm suggesting we lock away criminals for insane amounts of time or make any prices any higher, values get so racked up because rebels manage to do so much in such a little time.

What do you think killed most of the fun that could be had in the server?

Edited by Repto

You have some very unique suggestions and I respect them. However, I will not agree with any suggestion to increase consequences for crime on the server in any way. This is a suggestion that is exclusively presented by career cops repeatedly, and I definitely understand the sentiment. However, you would need to spend a considerable amount of time playing as a true gang life rebel to gain full insight on why these notions would be detrimental to the success of a server that is already struggling at the moment. The reason I suggest the latter is because I used to subscribe to these types of ideas when I was a career cop. After spending considerable time in different gangs, I can no longer support the idea.

Repto likes this
28 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

You have some very unique suggestions and I respect them. However, I will not agree with any suggestion to increase consequences for crime on the server in any way. This is a suggestion that is exclusively presented by career cops repeatedly, and I definitely understand the sentiment. However, you would need to spend a considerable amount of time playing as a true gang life rebel to gain full insight on why these notions would be detrimental to the success of a server that is already struggling at the moment. The reason I suggest the latter is because I used to subscribe to these types of ideas when I was a career cop. After spending considerable time in different gangs, I can no longer support the idea.

permed never to be unbanned stop wasting ur time posting here

6 hours ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

Yeah I get that too, usually when I play the civ life I'm a goody goody who doesn't participate much in the violent gang stuff anyways; just light bounty hunting.

I could start doing that some more.

• 4 weeks later...