Appeal For Equality

/|/|0T4RD

Appeal For Equality  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the suggestion?

• Yes
    • No
    • I do not fully support this, but I have provided my own alternative suggestion below

This poll is closed to new votes

I think since we are supposed to be going for balance between APD and civs here, (even though it is severely opposite) we should eliminate APD exclusivity. All vehicles and weapons purchasable by the APD should be accessible to rebels aswell, and vice versa. Including the ghost hawk, the drones, the armed RHIB, etc. Give APD their 50 cals back, add the armed quilin for them, the jeep, etc. Do the same with all the APD weapons rebel have no access to. Add the Taru Transport into the server aswell. Whether it is popular or not, someone will find a use for it at some point.

Regardless if you agree with my suggestion, I believe everyone can accept the fact current imbalances are unhealthy. We understand it is designed to provide a feeling inclusiveness for the APD, but giving them exclusive access to certain items will not circumvent lack of skill no matter what you give them. To my understanding, some of the gang cops recently turned career cop are providing better training and education to the APD, and this is already apparent. That is the correct way to approach the situation, and provides everyone on the server with a better experience than just "throwing money at the problem," if you catch my drift.

Theoretically, the suggestion above could be an experiment, much like the fake wipe. This would help circumvent strong criticisms just as the fake wipe, and give provide insight to uncertainty. We would not even need a separate database for this experiment since it will not drastically effect the economy.

Let's spice it up and try something different here. What do we have to lose?

Add your alternatives below.

32 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

I was wondering how long before someone addressed the elephant in the room 😂

That's exactly my point, if rebels can't use it, take that shit out 

I can’t even remember the last time that shitty thing was used. Negates the purpose of “armor” when the drivers leg clips through the wheel well.

Hey if you want to give cops 50.cals go for it. Personally, I would rather a taru over a huron, and the ghosthawk is cool but useless. 

Also, I don't think that people would appreciate cops with downing LIMS and MK200's rolling deep in their minigun Qilin off to stop those damn coke runners in offroads

HunterB likes this
1 minute ago, KrazyKnight said:

But that makes sense. Can't have that. Nerf the APD!

I didn’t even hint at nerfing the APD in any way

57 minutes ago, P.FitzWallace said:

Also, I don't think that people would appreciate cops with downing LIMS and MK200's rolling deep in their minigun Qilin off to stop those damn coke runners in offroads

That’s somewhat of an exaggeration. However, if that was the case, that would be discovered by experimenting with this idea and changing what doesn’t work.

Although just because you have access to buy it doesn’t mean it has to have downing rounds. The APD can regulate who and when those weapons can be used, just as much as how they would be deployed. I am not opposed to the APD having those weapons, but if the APD gets downing rounds for them, rebels should be able to buy downing rounds for them also.

58 minutes ago, /|/|0T4RD said:

...but if the APD gets downing rounds for them, rebels should be able to buy downing rounds for them also.

Not hate or anything, but can you just fathom the sheer chaos that this would cause? LMAO

I'm just picturing it. Cops have to respond to a bank. 5 Rebels with 7.62 downing (defensive positions) vs 8 Constables/Corporals with 5.56 downing (pushing in papermade cars) and all the cops get downed within minutes and kept down by rebels for the rest of the ^10 minutes. Bro 💀

Lmao imagine being a rebel trying to do fed or prison and the APD has a downing minigun quilin. Or youre a rebel trying to do shipping against APD 50 cals being spammed. You guys already cry about ifrits. If this happened, I could not imagine the amount tears that would be dropping in the suggestions and feedback part of the forums for the removal of these vehicles.

On top of this, the times when this would suck for the APD would be like @Sandwich  said, when there is only constables on. Their 5.56 is doing absolutely nothing to a marid and they are just gonna get riped out 100% of the time making cop unplayable for them at events. I'd imagine not even Corporals are gonna get access to these armed vehicles. 

Sandwich likes this

I like all the critical thinking taking place here, but you guys are all proving my point in making this post. You’re all giving hypothetical scenarios that we can argue until the end of time. Some of this shit just needs to be removed altogether. Let’s go back to when the cops relied on just skill and game sense. Cops are always going to have advantage even without all the extra bullshit that keeps getting added exclusively for cops.
It was all good when the cops got the drones.

It was all fine and dandy when the cops got the 50 calls (although they have been removed for some reason)

but this has just been a continuous trend of shit just being added continuously for cops only and rebels don’t get any new vehicles or weapons.

On top of that, we significantly increased the prices of suicide vests and added explosives are useless because they are not worth the price.

I’m glad you all see something needs to change here. Focus on balance. If the rebels can’t use the majority of this shit then remove it

1 hour ago, KrazyKnight said:

No. But I DID

Ngl I agree with you anyway lol I just thought you were trying to derail my shit

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
KrazyKnight likes this
1 minute ago, /|/|0T4RD said:
Spoiler

I like all the critical thinking taking place here, but you guys are all proving my point in making this post. You’re all giving hypothetical scenarios that we can argue until the end of time. Some of this shit just needs to be removed altogether. Let’s go back to when the cops relied on just skill and game sense. Cops are always going to have advantage even without all the extra bullshit that keeps getting added exclusively for cops.
It was all good when the cops got the drones.

It was all fine and dandy when the cops got the 50 calls (although they have been removed for some reason)

but this has just been a continuous trend of shit just being added continuously for cops only and rebels don’t get any new vehicles or weapons.

On top of that, we significantly increased the prices of suicide vests and added explosives that cannot profit you a single thing as a rebel.

I’m glad you all see something needs to change here

It's like a case of,
Want what the APD have? Play as a Cop.
Want what the Rebels have? Play as a Rebel.

APD doesn't have everything. Not even close. In contrast to Rebels - we don't have access to certain vehicles, certain weapons, Cartels, Housing, money making methods (besides bounties pretty much), RPGs, Grenades, etc etc etc. We're pretty damn barren as a faction in regards to what we have and can do. It's not a luxurious life being APD. It's really an acquired taste to have fun on cop, and especially climb the ranks. We've just got cheaper gear basically kinda lol. 

33 minutes ago, Sandwich said:

It's like a case of,
Want what the APD have? Play as a Cop.
Want what the Rebels have? Play as a Rebel.

APD doesn't have everything. Not even close. In contrast to Rebels - we don't have access to certain vehicles, certain weapons, Cartels, Housing, money making methods (besides bounties pretty much), RPGs, Grenades, etc etc etc. We're pretty damn barren as a faction in regards to what we have and can do. It's not a luxurious life being APD. It's really an acquired taste to have fun on cop, and especially climb the ranks. We've just got cheaper gear basically kinda lol. 

I was the ultimate career cop in my colored past. I still think cop is op af when you have game sense 

Sandwich likes this
2 hours ago, Sandwich said:

It's a police force. We've gotta have at least a few things that the civilian population can't have. You know... "Government issued equipment that's heavily regulated."

If only this logic worked both ways but look at us now, cops rolling up in frits over and over until theres 17 of them stacked on the bank walls

if everyone has everything theres a lot of angles this server has go away. Take kidnapping for example, what is there to do if you kidnap a cop and all the gear he has is available to you. Same goes for stealing a ghosthawk or any other vehicle the apd has. Whats the point in going through that effort if you can just buy it yourself. Theres no loss to it if you fail cause you can just buy it.

What I am trying to say is you can't have your cake and eat it too, if you want one thing that you can't get on the side you are playing on. Attempt to try a different angle of the game if you have it all why bother

Sandwich, lukee and Junke like this