Self lockpick

lukee

Yes or no  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

Make it to where anyone who is restrained be able to lockpick themeselves but with a lower success rate (maybe around 1 to 5%) but whenever you are in the process of lockpicking yourself, have some sort of sound or small hand animation so you can’t just break out without someone noticing.

Seriously I’ve seen mfs irl get out of cuffs while underwater upside down in like 5 seconds

(This is something that will rarely ever happen and won’t make your life any more difficult I promise, stop crying)

Edited by lukee
Crossfade likes this
4 minutes ago, Austin M said:

I don’t

22 minutes ago, lukee said:

Make it to where anyone who is restrained be able to lockpick themeselves but with a lower success rate (maybe around 1 to 5%) but whenever you are in the process of lockpicking yourself, have some sort of sound or small hand animation so you can’t just break out without someone noticing.

Seriously I’ve seen mfs irl get out of cuffs while underwater upside down in like 5 seconds

Only career cops voting no

/|/|0T4RD likes this

There's already unbinding yourself from BH restraints after 10 minutes, 'Breaking the zipties'. Sure it's just a game mechanic to avoid issues but still that at least seems more understanding and believable than everyone and their mothers knowing how to and being fully equipped to break out of cop handcuffs as well. Sure realistically its possible but there needs to be a line.

Just like Junke said, there's already a chance to get back up being downed, being cut free by friends, suiciding. There's already so many ways the majority of the server already uses to avoid confrontation... Why make it even more of a challenge for no reason or benefit at all other than not being able to accept a defeat.

40 minutes ago, Repto said:

There's already unbinding yourself from BH restraints after 10 minutes, 'Breaking the zipties'. Sure it's just a game mechanic to avoid issues but still that at least seems more understanding and believable than everyone and their mothers knowing how to and being fully equipped to break out of cop handcuffs as well. Sure realistically its possible but there needs to be a line.

Just like Junke said, there's already a chance to get back up being downed, being cut free by friends, suiciding. There's already so many ways the majority of the server already uses to avoid confrontation... Why make it even more of a challenge for no reason or benefit at all other than not being able to accept a defeat.

lol you act like im mad I got restrained or sum shit, its literally just a last chance to fight the rest of the cops for fun its not like its to avoid a roleplay situation like somehow dying even tho ur invincible when in cop cuffs. and with a success rate of 1-5% it barely changes the challenge of fighting rebels, its just something that may rarely happen as a last chance to win a fight when lets say theres 8 rebels restrained at bank and theres 2 cadets left or sum shit and one guy unrestrains himself and kills them.

you guys complain abt cop being not balanced enough compared to rebels when ur kits are 15k and u can push back anything in like 60 seconds, with downing guns that two tap anyone, when ur rebel and ur losing a fed with 8 ppl and you all have 100k+ bounties each is way bigger of a loss, cops make so much money from that shit and rebels barely make any money from any fed especially when u have like 10 ppl and 5 of them die or taken thats already like 150k worth of kits lost

u guys just read the title and see that I brought up lockpicking urself out of cuffs and automatically assume the worst, the chances of someone pulling this off is so low compared to what you think

Edited by lukee
1 hour ago, lukee said:

lol you act like im mad I got restrained or sum shit, its literally just a last chance to fight the rest of the cops for fun its not like its to avoid a roleplay situation like somehow dying even tho ur invincible when in cop cuffs. and with a success rate of 1-5% it barely changes the challenge of fighting rebels, its just something that may rarely happen as a last chance to win a fight when lets say theres 8 rebels restrained at bank and theres 2 cadets left or sum shit and one guy unrestrains himself and kills them.

I never mentioned anyone being mad, it was just my way of saying that this really would be a useless implementation.

1 hour ago, lukee said:

you guys complain abt cop being not balanced enough compared to rebels when ur kits are 15k and u can push back anything in like 60 seconds, with downing guns that two tap anyone, when ur rebel and ur losing a fed with 8 ppl and you all have 100k+ bounties each is way bigger of a loss, cops make so much money from that shit and rebels barely make any money from any fed especially when u have like 10 ppl and 5 of them die or taken thats already like 150k worth of kits lost

Not sure where values came into play, if you pay attention to most of what cop's complain about then you would know more. The loss on rebel side is usually of their own volition. Majority of the times even with high bounties most civilians are just in one giant group which also seems ridiculous imo, if you choose not to run a giant group then good on you; Congrats. Even if you win you got to split the payout, big gangs are understandable but people shouldn't be able to make 15-20 man groups of randoms, just join the same gang... As for cop's even with the cheaper kit price we generally run the same if not larger loss. Being required to push rebels whether we want to or not, Rebels always have the advantage as defenders plus all our payouts get autosplit by the server not to mention we barely even get a pea sized amount of what ever we seize from bank notes for example. Unless we manage to get lucky and beat a fed with only a few cops on.

1 hour ago, lukee said:

u guys just read the title and see that I brought up lockpicking urself out of cuffs and automatically assume the worst, the chances of someone pulling this off is so low compared to what you think

The title isn't even the only problem though. Obviously though if you put a suggestion in that clearly targets cops then of course you shouldn't have a problem with getting a strongly cop based response, that just makes sense. You also never mentioned any good context to it at all, even when you did bring up some use for it all you mentioned really was wanting to get out to kill more cops and have fun. Even with the low success rate a suggestion this impactful should be prepared perfectly to the T rather than how it was just done.

Edited by Repto
Sandwich likes this
42 minutes ago, Repto said:

I never mentioned anyone being mad, it was just my way of saying that this really would be a useless implementation.

Not sure where values came into play, if you pay attention to most of what cop's complain about then you would know more. The loss on rebel side is usually of their own volition. Majority of the times even with high bounties most civilians are just in one giant group which also seems ridiculous imo, if you choose not to run a giant group then good on you; Congrats. Even if you win you got to split the payout, big gangs are understandable but people shouldn't be able to make 15-20 man groups of randoms, just join the same gang... As for cop's even with the cheaper kit price we generally run the same if not larger loss. Being required to push rebels whether we want to or not, Rebels always have the advantage as defenders plus all our payouts get autosplit by the server not to mention we barely even get a pea sized amount of what ever we seize from bank notes for example. Unless we manage to get lucky and beat a fed with only a few cops on.

The title isn't even the only problem though. Obviously though if you put a suggestion in that clearly targets cops then of course you shouldn't have a problem with getting a strongly cop based response, that just makes sense. You also never mentioned any good context to it at all, even when you did bring up some use for it all you mentioned really was wanting to get out to kill more cops and have fun. Even with the low success rate a suggestion this impactful should be prepared perfectly to the T rather than how it was just done.

Bro you gotta get out of your comfort zone! You're an articulate individual. Imagine how much more articulate you could be in these arguments with more knowledge! Take me up on my offer let us change your perspective. I'll even throw in some peaches and cream for ya

lukee likes this
5 hours ago, william said:

no thanks sounds awful. why is everyone so scared of spending literally 10 minutes in jail??? remember back when you would get 45 minutes for a 15k bounty? you got it so easy now

Who tf is scared bro it’s literally a very rare occurrence that this would ever happen 🤦🏿‍♀️

9 hours ago, skimancole said:

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

yeahhhhh cop restraints have never been "self lockpickable" ever since this server began for a reason.

This would also make processing unbelievably difficult and make the slim RP we have even worse.

Do you know how to read. 1-5% chance 😐 it’s insane if someone pulls that off without someone noticing or before they get their lock picks seized

17 hours ago, lukee said:

Only career cops voting no

I’d like to refer back to my previous comment

Edited by lukee

I posted this in the discord general chat couple days ago:

make it so the cop can know your doing it. small amt of noise so often or wiggling. the cop can go up to you and stop you from picking urself out. but it will take a certain amt of time to get out. 2mins or something. but if a cop catches u doing it, maybe could be another charge and yoh would have to re start the breakout.

Take what you want from it i suppose.

edit: The point i was trying to make with this when I posted was handcuffs can be abused pretty easily. 

EX: I down someone, throw them behind a wall til xx amt of time they break free, and then do it again.

If we add this, it helps rid of abusing handcuffing. If someone will handcuff you, they simply have to pay attention to you. No reason for someone to be put in handcuffs to be ignored and stare at a black screen, bad looks.

Edited by Aristant
2 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

What if you can only do this with lockpicks on you? So you can break out in a fight but if the cops seize your illegal items you can't anymore.

This is my suggestion too when this was brought up in general chat. Make it so it's only one shot chance and have a really low percentage on release. It's the officers responsibility to make sure that they're seizing all illegal items before processing anyhow. Or hell right after combat. But the main requirement should be at least one lock pick on your inventory already.

Kradu likes this
11 minutes ago, KrazyKnight said:

This is my suggestion too when this was brought up in general chat. Make it so it's only one shot chance and have a really low percentage on release. It's the officers responsibility to make sure that they're seizing all illegal items before processing anyhow. Or hell right after combat. But the main requirement should be at least one lock pick on your inventory already.

My issue stems from federal events. The last thing I really want to worry about is take control of an area and have some restrained. Since then I’ll have to watch the guy behind me and watch what ever angle I’m about to be pushed from. Sure I could search and seize their items right away, but that isn’t always feasible in the moment.

Touching what Aristant said about staring at a black screen, I assume he’s referring to bounty hunters. If that’s a major issue/concern with people that “bounty hunters” kidnap and throw someone in the corner for 10 minutes make the small chance on zipties first and see that goes before you go affecting a majority of the server.

Again, cops are going to negatively react to this because at the end of the day it negatively affects us. It doesn’t make our experience better in no way what so ever.

KrazyKnight likes this
3 minutes ago, Austin M said:

My issue stems from federal events. The last thing I really want to worry about is take control of an area and have some restrained. Since then I’ll have to watch the guy behind me and watch what ever angle I’m about to be pushed from. Sure I could search and seize their items right away, but that isn’t always feasible in the moment.

Valid point here. That's why I was mentioning The fact that you'd only get the one chance and it would be extremely hard for them to get out due to this fact. End of the day this would negatively affect APD but at the very least it would make it more dynamic for the rebel side. Even with that extremely slim chance. 

This and go either way personally for me since I main cop these days anyhow.

lukee likes this
10 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

What if you can only do this with lockpicks on you? So you can break out in a fight but if the cops seize your illegal items you can't anymore.

yes obviously

9 hours ago, Austin M said:

Touching what Aristant said about staring at a black screen, I assume he’s referring to bounty hunters. If that’s a major issue/concern with people that “bounty hunters” kidnap and throw someone in the corner for 10 minutes make the small chance on zipties first and see that goes before you go affecting a majority of the server.

Again, cops are going to negatively react to this because at the end of the day it negatively affects us. It doesn’t make our experience better in no way what so ever.

its okay if they get out and kill you, you can just come back in 60 seconds with ur 10k kit

With some planning then yeah, some can see how it could work and they could like the idea of it. I still personally think it would be to much but if I had to argue for it.

• Self lockpicking Handcuffs
    • Very low chance of success.
      • Can not be done with inside a vehicle
    • Needs to consume a lockpick if the suspect has one.
      • Impossible without one. (If cops are neglecting to take your stuff then that's on them and their fault.)
    • Decent time for action, not as fast as lockpicking a car but not super long either.
    • Animation to show action. (Only one I see that would be decent would be the sit cuffed '!e' animation with the lockpicking sound effect)
    • COULD BE!!! An end all scenario.
      • No new charges for trying
      • failing to stop attempting to when asked could waive your right to explain charges with 'disobeying an order from an officer' charges and just get a ticket, followed by jail after the 3rd warning as the charge policy is normally.
      • Successfully escaping but getting restrained again in the same situation could be a straight to jail offense, considered as 'escaping jail' without the actual charge.

(Keeps things manageable and fair to a cop(s) efforts while still having that spice and responsibility of supervision. Having an end all outcome to still hold in that fear of arrest that would prevent this addition feeling like abuse.)

• Self lockpicking Zipties
    • Slightly higher chance of success. (Zipties arent made of fucking metal after all)
      • Can not be done inside a vehicle
      • Can attempt to break the zipties without a lockpick.
      • Cop faction always attempt as if they have a lockpick. (Lockpicks aren't really available for cops...)
    • Decent time for action, not as fast as lockpicking a car but not super long either.
      • Takes significantly longer if user is not using a lockpick.
    • Animation to show action. (Only one I see that would be decent would be the sit cuffed '!e' animation with the lockpicking sound effect)
    • COULD BE!!! Considered a noncooperative action
      • If caught trying to break free would be considered enough grounds of RP to be killed if the capturers choose to.

(Keeps things fun for civilians and BH restraints. Adding the spice while also leaving the responsibility of supervision rather then yeah just leaving people stranded for 10 minutes preventing the trolling or restraint harassments)

Edited by Repto
Nicolas March likes this
40 minutes ago, Repto said:

With some planning then yeah, some can see how it could work and they could like the idea of it. I still personally think it would be to much but if I had to argue for it.

• Self lockpicking Handcuffs
    • Very low chance of success.
      • Can not be done with inside a vehicle
      • Impossible without one. (If cops are neglecting to take your stuff then that's on them and their fault.)
    • COULD BE!!! An end all scenario.
      • No new charges for trying
      • failing to stop attempting to when asked could waive your right to explain charges with 'disobeying an order from an officer' charges and just get a ticket, followed by jail after the 3rd warning as the charge policy is normally.
      • Successfully escaping but getting restrained again in the same situation could be a straight to jail offense, considered as 'escaping jail' without the actual charge.

(Keeps things manageable and fair to a cop(s) efforts while still having that spice and responsibility of supervision. Having an end all outcome to still hold in that fear of arrest that would prevent this addition feeling like abuse.)

• Self lockpicking Zipties
    • Slightly higher chance of success. (Zipties arent made of fucking metal after all)
      • Can not be done inside a vehicle
      • Can attempt to break the zipties without a lockpick.
      • Cop faction always attempt as if they have a lockpick. (Lockpicks aren't really available for cops...)
      • Takes significantly longer if user is not using a lockpick.
    • COULD BE!!! Considered a noncooperative action
      • If caught trying to break free would be considered enough grounds of RP to be killed if the capturers choose to.

(Keeps things fun for civilians and BH restraints. Adding the spice while also leaving the responsibility of supervision rather then yeah just leaving people stranded for 10 minutes preventing the trolling or restraint harassments)

no

7 hours ago, Repto said:

typical robocop suggestion for full tickets/straight to jail. I swear some of yall retards forget this is a RP server.

lukee likes this
1 hour ago, Alex. said:

typical robocop suggestion for full tickets/straight to jail. I swear some of yall retards forget this is a RP server.

Eh I mean I agree with this one or else they could just keep breaking out over and over - 

But not the straight to jail if escaped

Repto and lukee like this
On 12/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, lukee said:

(This is something that will rarely ever happen and won’t make your life any more difficult I promise, stop crying)

This is a game not fucking real life.