Lower down timer

Alex.

Lower down to timer  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Lower down timer

This poll is closed to new votes

47 minutes ago, Austin M said:

Why has the there been so many suggestions that nerf cops during federal events. I understand it probably isn’t your direct reason, probably because your tired of laying on the ground so long in athira.

But this gives us less time to pick someone off and push.

higher the caliber should keep u downed longer, 9mm = 20 seconds, 7.62 = 60 seconds @ObiWoki

Edited by lukee
41 minutes ago, Austin M said:

Why has the there been so many suggestions that nerf cops during federal events. I understand it probably isn’t your direct reason, probably because your tired of laying on the ground so long in athira.

But this gives us less time to pick someone off and push.

this post has nothing to do with federal events. but its not fun when you trade with someone and you lay there for a whole minute and by the time you get up that cop had enough time to respawn and have the whole force on you. pretty sure it wasnt always this long never saw the reason for it to be raised. just trying to make it fair for civs whens cops are fighting they are most of the time in groups so i get downed and even if i killed that one cop the rest near have more then enough time to come and restrain me before i get a chance to fight back.

lukee and /|/|0T4RD like this
19 minutes ago, Alex. said:

this post has nothing to do with federal events. but its not fun when you trade with someone and you lay there for a whole minute and by the time you get up that cop had enough time to respawn and have the whole force on you. pretty sure it wasnt always this long never saw the reason for it to be raised. just trying to make it fair for civs whens cops are fighting they are most of the time in groups so i get downed and even if i killed that one cop the rest near have more then enough time to come and restrain me before i get a chance to fight back.

This is only an issue if you are fighting cops close to their spawns (HQs), otherwise cops won't have enough time to get to you before you're up. In the case you trade with a cop close to an HQ, he won't be able to spawn there anyway. I don't personally remember a time where I traded with someone and got back to their body in time before they got back up.

I don't really care if you reduce the timer to 40-50 seconds, it's not going to make that much of a difference. You're just gonna get lethaled more times because cops know they won't be able to get to you in time to restrain you.

my name is timmy I just joined the server and am trying to bounty hunt, I can only afford a P07 I down a very naughty boy, but with my P07 he is now only downed for 20 seconds while I am in a firefight with the rest of his 16-man Athira rat group.  If only I could keep him downed longer so I can stay behind cover instead of peeking my naked head around a corner.  

13 minutes ago, P.FitzWallace said:

my name is timmy I just joined the server and am trying to bounty hunt, I can only afford a P07 I down a very naughty boy, but with my P07 he is now only downed for 20 seconds while I am in a firefight with the rest of his 16-man Athira rat group.  If only I could keep him downed longer so I can stay behind cover instead of peeking my naked head around a corner.  

cry more maybe dont go for 16 man athira groups

/|/|0T4RD likes this
34 minutes ago, P.FitzWallace said:

Sounds like little Timmy needs some brain cells.

lukee, Kumarbi and /|/|0T4RD like this
5 hours ago, Alex. said:

pretty sure it wasnt always this long never saw the reason for it to be raised. just trying to make it fair for civs

You are correct, it did not used to be as long. It is apparent they do not want civs to have an advantage against the cops.

4 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

timmy you are a fool if you think capturing a bounty from a 16 player rat group in ATHIRA with a P07 is even remotely realistic even with the current downing timer

Edited by /|/|0T4RD
Alex. and lukee like this

We've come to the conclusion that there are just too many downsides then positives to this suggestion, it just nerfs 2 aspects of the game too hard in our opinions.

Being downed means you have a chance to live in the end, if you are downed that means you lost the fight already. But now after a single minute you get the chance to rejoin the fight. Waiting that minute is nothing compared to having to respawn and gearing up at your house or rebel where you lose cash and valuable time. That one minute allows for an officer or bounty hunter to run up to you in a timely manner its nothing you all shouldn't be able to handle if you are not playing alone

Austin M and Alex. like this