Bring back house weed

Don Julio

House weed?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. House weed?

• Yes
    • No

Okay before I get a ton of hate on this post hear me out. I remember in the teamspeak meeting people were voting for removing house weed from the server to help get players moving, and doing things around the world. This sounded like a good plan, but after this update, ive noticed the server population is down really bad, and we could do better. I do agree that the meta on the server shouldn't be run house weed 24/7, and get rich, but there should be some sort of passive money making(that new players can get into), you could argue just run scotch, but that is so far away with very little property so new players are screwed. The pros about the house weed was that people would always sign in on the server to grow their weed, and there was always people running drugs at the drug dealer. Now that area is dead, and the amount of houses for sale in that area shows it. I knew a few people that left the server because they don't have time to really grind a 5 year old server, so they log in socialize with friends, run weed for something to do (hoping for some action, waiting for that rook banger to try come rob us.) Currently the majority of the players log in, see there is nothing to do (besides cartels,socialize,earn money while they are already rich.) so they log off(im talking about the OG server population, they log in shoot some people and log off.) If you add house weed back, it will bring more players to the server (new and old players), revive the real estate near drug dealers, and make people start running weed again. Back when players could process weed twice into wax at weed processor that place was active 24/7, if you were trying to run solo you were guarantied to get robbed, so players would make groups and bond with each other and make friendships.(I will say the wax was really OP though, but the risk was there.) 

TLDR: add house weed back, it will bring new and old players back to the server (good for newbies to make money, good for og players to rob noobs for fun.)

If a mod see this can you add a poll to this thank you.

2 hours ago, Alex. said:

who are you fooling that shit aint gonna bring no one back. Server pop has nothing to do with house weed being removed. want money go out into the map and grind it.

Your talking to someone who grinded over 100m doing diamond runs, and weed runs. I could care less about making money the whole server is rich. I would like to see more of the city active, nobody is in kavala running drugs or anything anymore. There has to be a reason olympus is still pulling 130+ plus while asylum can barely get 100. Not trying to hate just want asylum #1 again.

Honestly I completely disagree, you're looking at it from a very closed perspective. There is many reason as to why adding it back or a slightly nerf'd version could be beneficial. House weed caused players to sit afk in there house which in turn raised the server population & ranking and that causes a domino effect where other players join due to it's high popularity. As an older player back in the community I know there was plenty of people who would do this and raise server pop at all hours. House weed also made drug dealers in all cities more popular and more exiting, though people want safe runs and all that, the excitement of this game comes from fire fights, robberies, ext... House weed also added another aspect of prime real-estate based on location or maybe view of drug dealer.

And on a side note I think the way you guys went about updates wasn't the best in all respect, resetting quests ext... I think quest should have been added and but as far as bounty progress go I know that annoyed a lot of people.

1 hour ago, Don Julio said:

Your talking to someone who grinded over 100m doing diamond runs, and weed runs. I could care less about making money the whole server is rich. I would like to see more of the city active, nobody is in kavala running drugs or anything anymore. There has to be a reason olympus is still pulling 130+ plus while asylum can barely get 100. Not trying to hate just want asylum #1 again.

only reason the whole server is rich is because they dont fight, give more reasons to fight and less ways of making money, half of the current run options to make money should be removed anyways

nobody quit playing because of house weed being removed. player numbers are down because 

1. it isn't summer anymore, most people are to the grind.

2. arma 3 is almost 10 years old.

3. asylum is almost 10 years old. 

4. development on asylum is somewhat stunted compared to some of the other servers particularly private ones. lots of our playerbase has started playing on a 2nd server to circumvent this downtime we all kind of feel on asy.

5. 1/4 of the community has mental defects and that scares away new players.

Edited by Mithridates Of Pontus
lukee likes this