Why is AFD still whitelisted?

Don Julio

For real though, I haven't played arma in a minute, and decided to hop on medic since there was no medics online (there's never any medics online anymore shit dead.) and find out my emt was taken due to lack of playtime lol. So why is there even a requirement to become a medic? and even better who added a playtime requirement for medic like what? Make it like the old days so people can actually play medic. What is the worst thats going to happen? A medic vdming someone or breaking a small rule?? then just blacklist them. I would like to see some medics playing the server.

Also how is one suppose to re apply for medic when there application gets locked, I made a new one and some tard closed it.

#MakeAFDPublic

Server should be that anyone can play on a medic slot, but if they want to become higher rank they should have to take tests, etc. Like i said I can't see anything bad happening with this, It brings more players to the AFD faction, sure u will have a couple people abuse it, it is inevitable, but like I said just blacklist them and problem solved.

smellypig, AND, Bob Danaloo and 7 others like this
9 minutes ago, Aristant said:

I agree, same thing happened to me.

Or dont remove for inactivity.

Issue w/ medic: 

Not enough revives/action to make it even remotely worth while.

Fix: Make medics actually make $

True, thats also another problem. They nerfed medic so it doesn't pay good anymore. The quests used to be worth while, now they are all really bad. While I agree that medic paychecks & earnings should be increased, I just wanted to play for the RP experience. I know its not a good money maker, but it beats town sitting doing nothing, sad to see that I can't play medic anymore.

Ill tell you right now this one is firmly out of dev control. 

Facts are, 
Medics want more money
Patato is a dick because he wont give them more (They make more than enough for the risk they put in). They also make a $h!t ton more than they ever did pre-rework
The faction is boring, its scroll wheel city without much else.
APD (Until possibly the most recent APD policy change) were just one tapping medics on sight. 

Those who have the power to change server rules to make medic more relevant do not want the server to go that direction.
AFD will not even have a conversation about a voluntary partial de-whitelist because the second i say the word de-whitelist its have a freak out and run to SA/Mitch's DM's. 
(I still don't understand why we can't un-whitelist EMT.) Who cares if a rebel logs off and wants to play the bad medic? If they want to give up a MK for a revive boi they should be allowed.

Then just have every rank above EMT be whitelisted and lock away the stuff that can be used and abused. Create a few new server rules that only apply to medic if needed and give the Admins a tool to just ban someone from the faction as they see fit. (IE someone giving away medic gear, or better yet just us coding it to not allow it to be dropped to avoid lvl 2 armor csat spam)

TNT likes this
5 minutes ago, Patato said:

Facts are, 
Medics want more money
Patato is a dick because he wont give them more (They make more than enough for the risk they put in). They also make a $h!t ton more than they ever did pre-rework
The faction is boring, its scroll wheel city without much else.

Touching on these. This is why they should be heavily rewarded for playing.. It helps the community out also by saving them a kit or an alt-f4 because they crashed or something stupid. Medic should be heavily incentivized to play in my opinion. WHY? no one plays it, and if people did it would all around benefit the players of the server. 

Year ago when they made $ there was like 3 in every city and flying around. That needs to be brought back, and in order to do that. I actually have to want to get on medic for some reason other than RPing standing in a city talking to people.

3 minutes ago, Patato said:

Then just have every rank above EMT be whitelisted and lock away the stuff that can be used and abused. Create a few new server rules that only apply to medic if needed and give the Admins a tool to just ban someone from the faction as they see fit. (IE someone giving away medic gear, or better yet just us coding it to not allow it to be dropped to avoid lvl 2 armor csat spam)

I feel like there wouldn't be much to change though ( i could be wrong) Just make it so the first rank people get is the rank they get when they pass the emt test. From my knowledge there's not much that can be abused with it since they can't buy armor or anything good. The only thing they really can do is just revive people, and buy a hatchback and heli, I can see medics who can buy level 2 vests and other things in that nature being abused sure. Also about blacklisting a member from the faction, I thought that was very simple because they have tools to do it currently?

1 minute ago, Don Julio said:

I feel like there wouldn't be much to change though ( i could be wrong) Just make it so the first rank people get is the rank they get when they pass the emt test. From my knowledge there's not much that can be abused with it since they can't buy armor or anything good. The only thing they really can do is just revive people, and buy a hatchback and heli, I can see medics who can buy level 2 vests and other things in that nature being abused sure. Also about blacklisting a member from the faction, I thought that was very simple because they have tools to do it currently?

I dont think you understand my suggestion.
Basically it would be 0 barrier to entry. a 0 second account could log right into medic without the barrier of making an app ect ect.
Then if they wanted to progress higher in the ranks they could make a forum account ect ect.

Then their would just be a button to ban these 0 barrier accounts from playing medic if they were bad actors.

Its just the difference between a whitelist/open server

TNT and GravL like this
On 12/27/2022 at 3:15 PM, Patato said:

I dont think you understand my suggestion.
Basically it would be 0 barrier to entry. a 0 second account could log right into medic without the barrier of making an app ect ect.
Then if they wanted to progress higher in the ranks they could make a forum account ect ect.

Then their would just be a button to ban these 0 barrier accounts from playing medic if they were bad actors.

Its just the difference between a whitelist/open server

Where is my long range defib at 😕