If skimancole doesn't get his admin back.

halfdrunkhero

If skimancole doesn't get admin back. Should streamers quit the server?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Skimancole to get admin back.

• Skimancole gets it back and everything is fine.
    • GL trying to keep promoting the server.

18 minutes ago, halfdrunkhero said:

You are a shitty cop anyways. I am sure the server will love to keep you.

Nigga you act like I play asylum??? Bitch please. I got better things to do than play a 15 year old game on a server that has less pop that your mothers room every night.

Skiman was the most biased admin I've ever met. Server should thrive In his absence. 

DS_Billy likes this
1 minute ago, Crossfade said:

Nigga you act like I play asylum??? Bitch please. I got better things to do than play a 15 year old game on a server that has less pop that your mothers room every night.

Skiman was the most biased admin I've ever met. Server should thrive In his absence. 

I guess you don't have better things to do then basic math about how long this server, or maybe Arma has been out. You sound like someone who got banned for some dumb shit and never talked to the dude. Good day Sir. 

6 minutes ago, Crossfade said:

Also just that first word I would fucking ban you, so your lucky I didn't buy the server. 

8 minutes ago, halfdrunkhero said:

I guess you don't have better things to do then basic math about how long this server, or maybe Arma has been out. You sound like someone who got banned for some dumb shit and never talked to the dude. Good day Sir. 

Also just that first word I would fucking ban you, so your lucky I didn't buy the server. 

Cunt your the most dyslexic cock smoker I've ever met. Nobody would let you buy the server. Your a monkey.. 

@RoguePilotI know one thing. You could delete this post. And get rid of me. But You can't underestimate how much non cheating assholes cared for skimancole. Never in my life would I have thought him to be the bad one along with so many others. I can think of at LEAST 5 other admins that did way worse things then what he was accused. And yet here @skimancoleis. Well I won't leave him out here alone. I will bring my community and this whole community up to protect him. 

@skimancoleprobably the most active admin on the server and it’s pretty clear targeting that u guys were looking for anything to get rid of him after the management change. Fucked up considering the fact that he is constantly on the server playing with everyone ranging from new players to veterans. Removing an admin such as skiman who is understanding of all players on the server is sad and is a bad example of where the direction of the server is going if we want to repopulate it. We have many admins that do much more abuse that I know I could call out right now and do a shit ton less work than him. 

Djmon, Fitz, .Matt and 3 others like this

@RoguePilot

Skimancole was a great admin, and in my opinion should still be. To be clear, before reading anything else I will put out there that I do have a friendship with skimancole but I will be completely honest in this post, no bias will be present. 

Skimancole was one of the most active administrators who particpated amongst the average player base. I have a personal perspective on admins especially the ones that role around in a group and spam events, troll in city squares, and always have suicide vests/rpgs ready to go without due care because they are not effected by economy. Admins being able to fight with the average player base that is effected by economy with the use of their uncontained armory is a issue in its-self the way I see it. The game / playstyle is conducted in a way where there is a sense of loss when fight, repurcussions, and so on. 

I've seen admins constantly abuse their in-game admin, to much greater extents. Simply not understanding how and what they do effects normal players and not so much themselves. If this is the direction the server is taking then it would expected of our higher level staff to employ no-tolerance on all staff members or much higher degree of scrutiny. I can say for fact and others may vouch that all admins or majority have done things in their past that would justify removal or consequences. Which leads me to believe that Skimancole was targetted, hence additionally this was an out of the blue removal.

Skimancole was not an isolated problem. In terms of productivity, and true respect/care for the community he had it. He was never stuck up, never thought of himself as to good for the average player, never acted as if he was untouchable. As I have played with Skimancole now this is true and continues to happen with members of the playerbase. In my opinion he was the most approachable admin due to his consistent interaction with the community wether it be in game or simply chatting in the teamspeak.

To dive into his admin usage from my experience I will start with gang fights. In gang fights, we never recieved information that would not or should not be known. Gangmates were never teleported, even in the smallest degree to produce an advantage. He was cautious on the amount of vehicles/armory he contributed to fights knowing that there is a unfavorable advantange if he was to be supplying the economy to us while the other gang we were fighting had to sacrifice their own vehicles/loadouts. 

To be more specific, a very simple but proving scenerio was one that took place at a cartel event. We were fighting a gang and wiped them from the cartel capture event. The event was over at this point and we were ready to leave. One of our gangmates was dead but ragdolled inside a down wall so nobody could get the revive option on him. We told Ski and instead of simply reviving him he played it by the book, told one of us to stand over his body for 45 seconds, then after that revived him via admin. This is such a simple situation but was treated with due care. 

I can continue to rant but I've already wrote part of an essay so I will leave it here. Anybody who has played with Ski understands his level of respect/care for the community. Knows he does not wave his admin privileges in the face of others and uses that privilege with respect to the player base/server. Finally, was one of the only ones to take action and step forward in the banning, unbanning, and moderation of "big" bans or "big" names on the server. He cared, and in a situation where your trying to promote a growth in player base, removing a vital member from the equation is not the best step forward. 

Anyway, thanks for reading. 

@skimancole

Panda, Michael L, Nikkii and 8 others like this
2 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

@skimancoleprobably the most active admin on the server and it’s pretty clear targeting that u guys were looking for anything to get rid of him after the management change. Fucked up considering the fact that he is constantly on the server playing with everyone ranging from new players to veterans. Removing an admin such as skiman who is understanding of all players on the server is sad and is a bad example of where the direction of the server is going if we want to repopulate it. We have many admins that do much more abuse that I know I could call out right now and do a shit ton less work than him. 

Me and Chris tinycock argue all the time but I fully agree and I think we now have a friendship again. 

Chris Peacock likes this

Ski is a great guy! One of the better and more active admins we had. Capable of playing/seeing the perspective of both factions and not concerned about banning big names when they screwed up. Of course he will get targeted as a result of this. Hope asylum doesn't get to a point where playing in game is one of the discouraged things an admin can do and we get stuck with the guys who disappear for months on end or just play cop in private channels.

Edited by Michael L
Djmon and Polar like this

I'm not in the mood to post a whole lot, but Ski was the main reason our entire gang, Hyper, quit the server and started playing Olympus. I've had other admins even tell me that after we left the server pop and fights were never the same again, which can't be denied because it's not hard to look at battlemetrics. 

GravL, DS_Billy, Stretch and 1 other like this
13 minutes ago, KaReeM Kinte said:

I'm not in the mood to post a whole lot, but Ski was the main reason our entire gang, Hyper, quit the server and started playing Olympus. I've had other admins even tell me that after we left the server pop and fights were never the same again, which can't be denied because it's not hard to look at battlemetrics. 

We come back and we instantly almost double the server pop, they hate to see it

98a38161b7827d2de1e7f59435ae9907.jpg

d946161c43d2ac7b182d3458372ec924.jpg

Wild

Edited by GravL

a rap about @skimancole

Yo, let me tell you 'bout Skimancole

In the gaming community, he's in control

He's got the skills and the know-how

To keep the peace and make it a great show

Skimancole, he's the man

As an administrator, he's got a plan

He's fair and he's just

For the community, he's a must

He's always there to lend a hand

Helping members of the community to stand

He enforces the rules with a smile

And keeps everything running in style

Skimancole, he's the man

He's fair and he's just

He listens to the community's voice

And always gives them a choice

He's quick to resolve any conflict

And makes sure everyone's feeling upbeat

Skimancole, he's the man

He's fair and he's just

miss you already buddy

2fec80b11913bb048a8d0b6c72f08bd0.png

1 hour ago, KaReeM Kinte said:

I’m just curious, could you list specifics of what he did? I’ve talked to a handful of your gang members after Hyper left the server and was told that after being camped twice at gang fort you would not be returning. 

9 hours ago, MrGrav1ty said:

@skimancoleliterally the most active admin cop/civ. #freeskimancole

dick riding hard fatty

1 hour ago, KaReeM Kinte said:

he favors people in his gang an is very biased when it comes down to handling his own gang. An so quick to bann people lol

Stretch likes this
5 minutes ago, Leslie said:

he favors people in his gang an is very biased when it comes down to handling his own gang. An so quick to bann people lol

Please name a few specific instances. Not once have I handled a report on one of my own gang members

9 minutes ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

I’m just curious, could you list specifics of what he did? I’ve talked to a handful of your gang members after Hyper left the server and was told that after being camped twice at gang fort you would not be returning. 

Hyper left because they exploited and created a whole new gang to fight gang fort after realizing they fucked up and capped a turf. Rogue then wanted the leaders banned for exploit for a day or two.

They also left because they could never cap gang fort and bitched about the rules lol. They had numbers, but not quality.

halfdrunkhero, Abu and CoIt like this
51 minutes ago, skimancole said:

Please name a few specific instances. Not once have I handled a report on one of my own gang members

Hyper left because they exploited and created a whole new gang to fight gang fort after realizing they fucked up and capped a turf. Rogue then wanted the leaders banned for exploit for a day or two.

They also left because they could never cap gang fort and bitched about the rules lol. They had numbers, but not quality.

Other gangs made new gangs to take the fort as well Or to fight with the main gang and have more people in the zone. We made the new gang because a new recruit took a turf. We had no advantages like the other gangs who were putting more than 8 in the zone.. 

They never had it removed.. only hyper. 

You on the spot banned some of us for low key not even ban worthy shit mid fight which made us lose fights. Just overall petty shit to give your own guys advantages