Player Friendly/Welcoming UI (Login Screen)

Sandwich

Should there be a Login Screen for Asylum?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Login Screen for Asylum?

I was doing my best to think of what could be changed to make things not only different for the sake of 'spicing Asylum up' but also a little more welcoming to a new player or even a returning one. Right now when you enter the server, you of course experience the typical server slots to choose from. After that you get a nice fancy-ish loading screen for a few seconds but then you're tossed straight into the spawn options. This is a change that could really make Asylum feel more at home. Having some sort of screen between choosing a faction slot and spawning in. Since thinking of this idea, I've been made aware that other servers have this sort of thing to some degree. That really shouldn't be a problem. Especially if its different. 

Having a screen that showcases things like tabs between recent updates, changes, quick tips, hyperlinks to helpful places like the Forums and Wiki, the rules, APD/AFD apply sections, etc would be a GREAT QoL change. Of course you could also promote Asylum+ and Crates way more efficiently with this idea too. 🔥

The background could maybe be some Asylum Art that the Design team can work on. Maybe even make the background slightly moving to keep it fancy but still nice on the eyes (if possible). 

THE CONCEPT(?)
Orange background (placeholder) could be asylum artwork by the Design Team 
   -maybe could be swapped out with new art every month? 

Each tab would be clickable and switches to a different window with different info

The Login button could be at the bottom to get the spawn screen?

This would be AMAZING for holidays and themes (events too)

With hyperlinks to the Forums, this will naturally bring more traffic to the forums (really good thing)

Spoiler

wbHwNhq.jpg

I wholeheartedly believe this will be a great step in the right direction for a new/semi-new players experience. This will also show Asylum has that extra bit of love for its community/servers with a change like this to that said player. It doesn't NEED to be the concept above, but this idea overall is a solid one in my opinion that should be pushed through!

A nice QoL addition to the server that could suit Asylum well for years to come. I don't see any negatives besides the time it would take to make it happen ❤️

Ronald, King, Savage. and 3 others like this
4 hours ago, Chow Mein said:

Oly has this and its a great idea, im pretty sure a new player has a green name or outline or something like that and if you kill them its bannable, which is what it should be,

wtf when I first played asylum i was hands up or died and killed within 30 seconds, thats what got me hooked. Too much handholding nowadays m8

Sandwich and Fried Rice like this