Firing Pins-APD

DEMI ROZE ヅ

Can we have a option to take a firing pin from a civ sometimes we run into some cases where we can’t seize a gun off of them so with the firing pins being a thing we can take it away and they won’t be able to shoot until they load it back in and the animation will take maybe 20 seconds or 30 and then it will go back to normal many APD members will find this really good and useful.

zdeat, Notsojolly, Repto and 2 others like this
8 hours ago, Defragments said:

Would actually be a cool addition for everyone to have access to, to be honest. It should work on anyone restrained. Would likely only improve rp. If I ever wanna let someone go I had restrained on civ, I usually have to down them to be sure they won't shoot me in the back when I'm trying to leave.

Exactly! 💯 

9 hours ago, TheAceSavage said:

Firing pin seems unrealistic maybe unload all the mags like real cops do IRL when they search you for firearms and realize that its registered in your name and then have a 30 sec animation of them reloading the mags 

I like that, rather than a 'Remove Firing Pin' just have 'Unload Magazines' with the same animation. Does seem more realistic and would definitely be a good improvement to allow anyone to do to someone in restraints.

BlackShot and Savage. like this
On 2/24/2023 at 2:37 AM, DEMI ROZE ヅ said:

Guidebook doesn’t allow to seize weapons if they didn’t use them against you it will make life alot more easier if we had a option for firing pins so when you un restrained you don’t get gunned down soon as you turn your back 

you can seize for anything related to a gun charge

1 hour ago, Chris Peacock said:

you can seize for anything related to a gun charge

I think he's trying to prevent a situation where, you have someone who turned himself in with PDW being processed, friend/group initiates on cops in the mean time. Guy with PDW gets 50% ticket and pays it, then guy with PDW just starts gunning cops in the back right as he is released.

Patato and DEMI ROZE ヅ like this
48 minutes ago, Junker said:

I think he's trying to prevent a situation where, you have someone who turned himself in with PDW being processed, friend/group initiates on cops in the mean time. Guy with PDW gets 50% ticket and pays it, then guy with PDW just starts gunning cops in the back right as he is released.

This is the best explanation 

• 1 month later...

Whelp. Not much of an answer here but-
TLDR: Firing pin system isn't going to solve the issue just delay it by 30 seconds.
We don't want to add a clunky firing pin system to add to the already insane number of scroll wheel options APD officers have.

Per Ronald,

Restraints DO NOT extend initiation.
This means that if your group/gang member has been restrained, and it has been over 5 minutes since last initiation, you will need to re-initiate before killing the players holding them.

Just because you restrain someone doesn't mean they can shoot you in the face the second they get un-restrained.
I think this solves the issue of
"Turning myself in and now i get to shoot a cop in the face"

Id recommend heading over to APD suggestions and trying to get more lee-way from captains on when your allowed to seize legal fire-arms.