Player Base

Dear Rogue, 

I CrazyBuck have a suggestion. Yall should make it a requirement to have less than 200 ping and speak english. I aswell as many other players are sick of fighting the chinease gang when they are rubber banding and teleporting all around. I also believe that the fact they can say  Ju shou huo si and then shoot. half the players dont even know what that means. It is really starting to become anoying.

Thank you,

CrazyBuck

JimJim, Alex., Scar and 12 others like this
2 hours ago, Repto said:

I think its high time Asylum follows suit with all the other high end Altis Life servers and FINALLY region lock this place!

I don't think that's appropriate for a support team member.If the Chinese violated the rules, players could have reported it, and the Chinese also provided vitality and financial support to the server during the low times.

Patato, King, jsh and 6 others like this
9 minutes ago, MoLu. said:

I don't think that's appropriate for a support team member.If the Chinese violated the rules, players could have reported it, and the Chinese also provided vitality and financial support to the server during the low times.

I actually Disagree with you. I think that this server should be region locked as it is hard for us main population of us player to play with other regions playing as it is super high ping with lags the whole server.

8 hours ago, MoLu. said:

What, is he not allowed to voice an opinion shared by the majority of the playerbase?

Seeing as the majority of active players actively support region locking, I think something needs to be done. No one wants to fight someone if theyre teleporting everywhere. Idc where ur from, China, US, or the moon. If fighting u aint fair cuz ur lagging all over the place, u shouldnt be allowed to play and ruin the experience for those who've been on the server for 6 years

JimJim likes this

The thing is you cant report for bad ping but it does give them a big advantage and thus makes it an unfair fight. I know that depending on who you ask you could call it cheating as it gives the same effect as a lag switch.

17 minutes ago, King said:

Like MoLu said if they rdm you then report them, can't region lock a group of people that not only help the server pop during late hours but also support the server financially a great deal.  The report system is in place for a reason.

There is a reason using programs like that will get you a ban.

Edited by JimJim

oWnBu2z.png  0KTJh8v.png

So much nonsense going on in this topic.

That right there is a list of countries high to low with at least 25 players from each of them. Of course this is from years ago, but it means Asylum has always been a diverse server. For whatever reason, people from those countries literately chose to play on Asylum - and they've helped in so many ways: increasing server population, making donations, engaging with others, creating fun/funny moments. My best friend lives across the Atlantic and is one of the most authentic and fun guy I've met here.

You all know Asylum's server sits in Canada, right? So region locking it would mean keeping US players out. Sure, make it North American then. What would happen to all the other players from Europe or Latin America? Server will be a goddamn desert during certain times? Okay, reduce the restriction. Would we manually allow other counties as we please? So fucking bigoted.

Now, how about the 'all players should speak English' part? As soon as they join, do we make them upload a certificate? Do we make them go through a listening/speaking/reading English exam? Should they take the damn TOEFL? Another ridiculous idea.

A ping/desync restriction might be a more reasonable suggestion, but that's probably in place already. Like @King has said, if they didn't initiate properly, just report them and move on, they'll have to learn the basics if they wanna keep on playing here. Sounds like the best approach.

Edited by BlackShot
PGone, william, manhua and 1 other like this
16 minutes ago, JimJim said:

The thing is you cant report for bad ping but it does give them a big advantage and thus makes it an unfair fight. I know that depending on who you ask you could call it cheating as it gives the same effect as a lag switch.

There is a reason using programs like that will get you a ban.

?

like I said before I dont care where they are from but if they cant stop teleporting around then there is a problem. The ping restriction that was on the server at one point was removed ages ago from what I heard. I personally think if they can keep the ping under 200 then sure np but some of them are hitting 300+ at times.

6 hours ago, Steve said:

ping wont matter if they use a vpn, the ping can still show as 70, but they will lag all over the place even still simply because their ping to that vpn is high.

Thanks for your contribution Steve! Didnt think about that.

23 hours ago, CrazyBuckGaming said:

Dear Rogue, 

I CrazyBuck have a suggestion. Yall should make it a requirement to have less than 200 ping and speak english. I aswell as many other players are sick of fighting the chinease gang when they are rubber banding and teleporting all around. I also believe that the fact they can say  Ju shou huo si and then shoot. half the players dont even know what that means. It is really starting to become anoying.

Thank you,

CrazyBuck

Thank you for the plug,

9c510adb247e39daa783841c7a77be38.png

I HAVE RETIRED TAGS FOR A REASON

DEMI ROZE ヅ, BlackShot and Innate like this

As toxic as I usually am I disagree with this and instead welcome our Chinese friends to freely play on Asylum. After all we are all humans and need to respect each other’s differences. You are all just the typical racist muricans blaming your shit ass Arma skills on another race of people, maybe you should all start learning some Mandarin to make our Chinese player base feel welcome here.

Aluka, manhua, Maxx__ and 4 others like this
36 minutes ago, bread_ said:

As toxic as I usually am I disagree with this and instead welcome our Chinese friends to freely play on Asylum. After all we are all humans and need to respect each other’s differences. You are all just the typical racist muricans blaming your shit ass Arma skills on another race of people, maybe you should all start learning some Mandarin to make our Chinese player base feel welcome here.

+1

MoLu. likes this
1 hour ago, bread_ said:

I honestly dont think many people care that they are Chinese but the fact that they lag is the problem not their nationality/race/any other possible thing you can complain about. I believe most people just dont want to deal with their ping

Doomba, CrazyBuckGaming and MoLu. like this
On 3/5/2023 at 2:45 AM, MoLu. said:

The chinese did not provide shit during the low times but rdm, awful ping, and scribbles in sidechat.

Region lock asylum.

Doomba likes this

I am a member of the Dragon Gang, which is irrelevant to us. Because we are slowly leaving arma3, because we think it is old. But for the Beijing gang, they will definitely cry because they have donated a lot.
OK, 1. Let's talk about ping. First of all, we open vpn to make ping lower. We need to pay 50 yuan per month to recharge vpn vip. Every Chinese needs to pay for asylum. We are doing our best.
2. I don't know which gang member you are, but why can NV, VC, FSA, NSF gang members easily kill us, but you can't kill us? Why didn't they find us floating around? Maybe it's your own reason. For example: poor technology,,,
3. If you find him floating around all the time, you can report him. Why didn't you report him? Do you have a video? You can send it out. I want to see the video of Chinese people flying around.

jsh, shawn, Aluka and 3 others like this

According to me, Chinese people began to join asylum in 2016, but there should also be Korean and Japanese. I joined in 2018. How about you? Please interpret the meaning of "asylum". Please do not take the attitude of other living communities towards VPN as a refuge. Although our dragon gang is slowly leaving arma3, we didn't cheat. Before leaving, Tom kept cheating and destroying the sheltered environment.

I want to join APD, but my English is poor. If my English is fluent, I should be the captain now. Please call me sir.

Nenja, Vash, BlackShot and 7 others like this
On 3/10/2023 at 11:35 AM, manhua said:

According to me, Chinese people began to join asylum in 2016, but there should also be Korean and Japanese. I joined in 2018. How about you? Please interpret the meaning of "asylum". Please do not take the attitude of other living communities towards VPN as a refuge. Although our dragon gang is slowly leaving arma3, we didn't cheat. Before leaving, Tom kept cheating and destroying the sheltered environment.

I want to join APD, but my English is poor. If my English is fluent, I should be the captain now. Please call me sir.

Even if you were a native English speaker you would be a horrible captain. All you do is complain every time something doesn’t go your way. This has nothing to do with you being Chinese you are just retarded 

On 3/10/2023 at 12:51 PM, Yung Jaypl said:

The chinese did not provide shit during the low times but rdm, awful ping, and scribbles in sidechat.

Region lock asylum.

What is the biggest contribution to the server? Please tell me that the most important thing for a server is money and time, and Chinese people have contributed enough money and time to these two aspects, such as me: I started working at asylum in 2016. Can you tell me what you've contributed? In the end, you're the shit

23 minutes ago, Donald said:

Even if you were a native English speaker you would be a horrible captain. All you do is complain every time something doesn’t go your way. This has nothing to do with you being Chinese you are just retarded 

I also think manhua is a funny guy. Speaking of you, you are just a guy wearing capri pants and exposing your Calvin Klein underwear to your butt and the label says Made in China. After all, you are the real idiot

15 hours ago, PGone said:

What is the biggest contribution to the server? Please tell me that the most important thing for a server is money and time, and Chinese people have contributed enough money and time to these two aspects, such as me: I started working at asylum in 2016. Can you tell me what you've contributed? In the end, you're the shit

I also think manhua is a funny guy. Speaking of you, you are just a guy wearing capri pants and exposing your Calvin Klein underwear to your butt and the label says Made in China. After all, you are the real idiot

lmao hahaha