APD Armor & Profiteer Rework  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be Reworked?

• Idea #1
    • Idea #2
    • Idea #1 & #2
    • Don’t Add
    • Change things around

I believe this idea was briefly discussed in a meeting that was held not too long ago but I believe it would be a good idea for APD Staff. 

Especially with the community event going on right now APD Armor gets to be expensive and civs are blowing up / shedding cop armor. I have two ideas that could possibly help with the cost of armor or help staff be able to make more money to purchase armor. 

IDEA #1 - Police Seizing of Vehicles

Idea #1 allows all APD staff to be able to claim civilian vehicles like a chop shop. However this would exactly work, an APD Sergeant for example would be able to go up to a Strider and instead of seizing the vehicle, be able to claim the vehicle and put it in their garage. However, that Sergeant cannot go up to an Ifrit and claim it since their rank does not have access to Ifrits. Same policy would have to be followed for Hunters and being able to seize them. 

Whether that officer would have to pay a fee when claiming the vehicle would be dependent on whatever test run would happen if this were to be implemented. 

KEEP IN MIND! Seizing vehicles means that vehicle is no longer “in the server” 35k is split between officers and that’s that, with the ability to “chop” civ armor, that armor is still out in the server and can be rechopped or claimed again by civs.

IDEA #2 - Profiteer Rework

My idea for a profiteer rework can defiantly be improved upon but here are some of my suggestions on what I think would help with the cost of buying vehicles / helicopters. 

THIS WOULD BE A REWORK OF THE CURRENT TALENTS AND NOT ADD ADDITIONAL TALENTS. 

My rework for the profiteer would move each of the talents up by two, [ Profiteer 1 now has the ability of Profiteer 3 with 100% of money gained from arrests and tickets as well as 125%? Of drug busts going to all officers in the current area. ]
Profiteer 2 would now be unlocked at Corporal ( Since they get access to Hunters and Orcas ). Money gained from arrests and tickets would be 115% and drugs 135%. Profiteer 2 would also be the talent that would give access to claiming Hunters for Corporals. 
Profiteer 3 would be unlocked at Sergeant+ and would give you 125% of ticket and arrest price as well as a 150% cut on drug busts. This would be the talent that would allow Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains, to claim Striders and Ifrits [ If their rank allows it ].

This would also help free up talents since constables would not be able to use Prof 2 and 3.

Again this is a rough idea of what I have thought of in the last few weeks and trying to help cops and incentivize them to pull more armor.

Any improvements or ideas to add in this would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by zdeat
Niels and william like this

I agree with and have stated before i think police should have the ability to seize "claim" a vehicle if it has been used again the APD and they of the rank to have that vehicle. I dont think it should be a simple seize on the spot thing though, maybe have a shop the cops have to take it to to claim it.

zdeat likes this

Idea #1

We want APD focused on winning fights. Not prioritizing the theft of civilian vehicles to bolster their own garage. 
"Hey where did the only MK-1 go?", "Oh he got in some guys frit and isn't coming back for 5mins"

Idea #2
I think the above covers it pretty well. We want officers focused on the RP/Event. Not focused on leaving as fast as possible to get a free vehicle.

As for talents the point is to make decisions. We arn't looking to "Free up talents" as you are meant to make certain decisions and not have everything at once (Otherwise why would we even bother with a talent system and not convert it to a level system)